Coronavirus

1of4

55 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Had it done in France. The lady said it is very unpleasant and she was right. I was expecting swab on tonsils and up the nostrils instead it is up both nostrils very deep with some sorts of bendy mini brush which felt like she was checking for piles as well. Brought  tears to my eyes. Negative result was produced in under 12 hours.

The throat bit was the worst for me. She said "you might feel like you want to gag, so go with it - it makes it easier for me to see your tonsils"

Anyway - here I am now 52 hours since the test and heard nowt.

Rang the helpline and on the 4th time of trying I actually got all the way through the hundreds of options without being disconnected

Apparently they are suffering "delays" and they can't escalate until 72 hours have passed, so I have to try again tomorrow

At least I now have first-hand experience of what an utter mess this country has made of handling the testing 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Has anyone had a Covid test and received the results by SMS/Email?

I had my test at 12:30 yesterday and it's meant to come within 48 hours, but not clear if that is a 24/7 service. If not then I might as well stop checking my phone!

Yes I had mine done about 2 months ago after one of my work colleagues tested positive.

Particularly unpleasant experience having to shove swabs down your throat and up your nose as other posters have already pointed out whilst sitting in a carpark in full view of other people.

My result came back (negative) after 48 hours but that was when I went in on a Monday morning, I think they do round the clock analysing. Fingers crossed. 

46 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

She went through the nostrils and it felt deep, very deep!

My mate had that done and the end came off and he needed an operation to extract the bud.  The negative result was not much comfort

4 minutes ago, sage said:

I think they are going to have to have a lockdown of some sort for all families with schoolkids and school staff for a week before schools reopen. 

Otherwise there will be a massive spike  

Surely the easiest solution would be to fit all school gyms and assembly halls out with temporary beds, and turn all schools into boarding schools?

Billet the teachers into tents pitched in the grounds, and review the situation come October half term.

October 2022 preferably.

Sith Happens

Having made my first visit to a pub a couple of weeks ago, which was great, felt safe, was well away from others, yesterday on a bike ride we decided to call in a coffe shop....

No problem with how they had it set up, plenty, of out door seating, one way through the shop to order, all the stuff you would expect them to do it was good, but its just other people, customers I mean.

Queueing outside while waiting to be seated, signs saying stay 2 meters apart, fine, im doing that, standing well back from the family in front, then a couple wander down, and come and stand right in front of me so they can read the bloody menu, they do eventually move to queue but stand right behind us....

I feel stupid for just feeling it, but it just put me on edge through the whole experience, i know we cant expect to always be 2 meters but why would you do that deliberately? Is it that people just dont think, or is it they dont really care?

Firstly, I’d like to say thank you (not) to all who have shared how unpleasant the test is. I have an operation coming up and have been told I need the test three days before. Something to look forward to.

Secondly, anyone complaining about face coverings, not being able to go to the football or the limited reversal of easing of measures in some places, check out what is happening in Victoria, Australia. Night time curfews, exercise etc. limited to a certain distance from your home, road blocks and entire tower blocks essentially locked with the residents still in them.

Far more draconian than we’re seeing (at the moment) but no doubt a lot more effective. It really does emphasise how wearing a face covering is really just an uncomfortable inconvenience (unless you have some kind of medical condition of course).

Had to move seats 3 times on the bus because people kept sitting on the seat directly Infront of me (one woman did it twice). I was trying to ensure that there was an empty row of seats between people. Gave up after the 3rd attempt when yet another person chose the seat Infront of me instead if the 4 or 5 others available.

Sith Happens

Perhaps we all should follow the Paul Scholes approach to dealing with Coronavirus...

1. Local Lockdown imposed banning gatherings?....I'll organise a huge party for my sons 21st and invite lots of folk round.

2. All but essential travel to portugal banned? I'll go on holiday there anyway.

3. Self Isolate on return from Portugal? Nah, see number 1.

What a dick.

Sith Happens
17 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Had to move seats 3 times on the bus because people kept sitting on the seat directly Infront of me (one woman did it twice). I was trying to ensure that there was an empty row of seats between people. Gave up after the 3rd attempt when yet another person chose the seat Infront of me instead if the 4 or 5 others available.

i dunno, just seems large numbers of the population seem to think its gone away. If people continue to act with total disregard for others, and fail to follow the rules we are just going to end up with more lockdowns.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

we are just going to end up with more lockdowns.

Thing is who is going to Police them? As you say lots of people are just ignoring social distancing, just because they can't be arsed and sod the rest of you!

Sith Happens
33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thing is who is going to Police them? As you say lots of people are just ignoring social distancing, just because they can't be arsed and sod the rest of you!

I know, very sad that people are so selfish.

19 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I know, very sad that people are so selfish.

It is very sad. A few weeks ago when I was out on my bike I saw a group of somewhat intoxicated men together in the Castle Grounds at Tamworth then later saw a gathering of youths with their mopeds. On the way home I told a police officer I came across and he radio'd through to the station. Call me a snitch but it does annoy me when people can't follow basic instructions designed to save us all. Even on the FA cup final last night there was some sort of official not wearing his face covering properly (wasn't covering his nose). It's not complicated. 

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It is very sad. A few weeks ago when I was out on my bike I saw a group of somewhat intoxicated men together in the Castle Grounds at Tamworth then later saw a gathering of youths with their mopeds. On the way home I told a police officer I came across and he radio'd through to the station. Call me a snitch but it does annoy me when people can't follow basic instructions designed to save us all. Even on the FA cup final last night there was some sort of official not wearing his face covering properly (wasn't covering his nose). It's not complicated. 

It seems it is though, I dont think it is but it seems to be for some. Perhaps people choose not to understand.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

i dunno, just seems large numbers of the population seem to think its gone away. If people continue to act with total disregard for others, and fail to follow the rules we are just going to end up with more lockdowns.

I think they're just thick.

There's a lot of it about - more even than coronavirus. 

Test results supposed to be sent within 48 hours. After 48 hours I'd heard nothing so I rang the helpline. They said they can only escalate a test result after 72 hours

72 hours now passed now so rang again. They said the test was definitely registered, but don't know why results haven't arrived.

They've now sent an escalation but the lab team won't see it till tomorrow (Monday). Then I have to wait ANOTHER 48 hours for them to find it and process the text/email.  

If I've not heard after that, then it means they have lost the results.

But they won't contact me to tell me that.

No news in 48 hours means I won't be getting a result

And I won't be eligible for another test as it will be 5 days past the first test

What an absolute joke

Archived