Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who? Are you following this lot on Instagram @angieram?

Sorry, that's what I call Keogh and his mates. Actually,  it looks like it's only the Keoghs, the Fozzys and the Waghorns so not as many as usual. 

They've chosen a good place that is virtually Covid-free. Looks beautiful too.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Sorry, that's what I call Keogh and his mates. Actually,  it looks like it's only the Keoghs, the Fozzys and the Waghorns so not as many as usual. 

They've chosen a good place that is virtually Covid-free. Looks beautiful too.

I had a look at Mrs Waggy's insta - the place under her name is Kenshō Psarou which looks like it is in Mykonos. Very nice. Who else is normally is Keogh's gang?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Yep, no sympathy for Roos, Bogle or Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, all of whom are in Spanish territory as we speak! 

Pre-season might be looking a bit thin.

Thank goodness the rat-pack appear to have gone to a Greek island. 

Not sure about that tbh, there's probably an unwritten/unspoken exception for sportspeople.

They'll probably just be whisked away upon re-entry and tested. A fast-tracked, negative, result and they'll be back training in a couple of days.

Have there been any announcements of how this quarantine will actually work? Will there be fines and how do they know who should be isolating? What happens if someone doesn't quarantine and ends up infecting someone who then dies? What happens if an person returning from Spain needs to get a taxi, train, bus etc home from the airport?

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Have there been any announcements of how this quarantine will actually work? Will there be fines and how do they know who should be isolating? What happens if someone doesn't quarantine and ends up infecting someone who then dies? What happens if an person returning from Spain needs to get a taxi, train, bus etc home from the airport?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk

4 hours ago, mozza said:

I've never had a passport, thought about getting one when my youngest got married in Greece 18 months ago, never happened, due mainly to my missus' fear of flying. We are booked for a couple of holidays in Norfolk next month and in October, these may or may not happen, but at least we won't have the worry of being abroad, stranded possibly, no, can't see us ever leaving the UK, ever. 

Lovely place I went on the broads and had a brilliant week and because we’re so used to people from Nottingham having six fingers and toes the locals don’t look that odd either.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, angieram said:

Yep, no sympathy for Roos, Bogle or Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, all of whom are in Spanish territory as we speak! 

Pre-season might be looking a bit thin.

Thank goodness the rat-pack appear to have gone to a Greek island. 

I've heard Roos will be offered special permission to avoid isolation as he has been able to provide evidence that he physically unable to catch anything.

ok I'll get my coat.

?

I went to the shops this AM (and over the weekend). Wore a mask and doesn't bother me much, not that I expected it would. Fine if I am buying food, but personally I couldn't imagine buying clothes or browsing for stuff in any way. Just makes it feel contradictory, if the situation is such that I am needing to be wearing a mask then getting essentials is fine, browsing round the shops just seems wrong to me. Mixed messages.

Of my 3 visits, today was the first time I saw someone without a mask. Youngish (big) lad walked in, bought few bits and no one challenged him. I still find it rude and 'anti social' even though I personally think the actual idea is fairly pointless. 

I've been on the Yorkshire coast for the past few days. 

Scarborough seafront was mental, no social distancing being upheld, because a mask hanging around your neck must provide a level of protection. 

Family groups deciding that the perfect time to stop and attend to children's needs was the very moment they were two abreast in opposite directions,  therefore blocking the route for all around.

I say all around, but wearing a Dirty Leeds shirt seems to offer some level of protection they've not made public knowledge judging by the way the northern unwashed just calmly strolled by.

It's probably just me, and I'm overreacting, but I'd have felt safer strolling in the Green Zone of Baghdad!

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I've been on the Yorkshire coast for the past few days. 

Scarborough seafront was mental, no social distancing being upheld, because a mask hanging around your neck must provide a level of protection. 

Family groups deciding that the perfect time to stop and attend to children's needs was the very moment they were two abreast in opposite directions,  therefore blocking the route for all around.

I say all around, but wearing a Dirty Leeds shirt seems to offer some level of protection they've not made public knowledge judging by the way the northern unwashed just calmly strolled by.

It's probably just me, and I'm overreacting, but I'd have felt safer strolling in the Green Zone of Baghdad!

I've been into sunny Bridlington today and it's the same, ventured into the arcade with the kids and no one seemed to give a toss about any form of social distancing, think we'll stick to the less busy areas for the rest of the week. 

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Me and mum and dad went to asda and tesco we saw loads of people not even brothering wearing one and no staff member said anything to them.

Maybe they are exempt?

We are all (public and shop staff etc) being advised not to question them, or accuse them of “not even bothering”  for fear of upsetting them!

Personally, I think many will take advantage of this, and subsequently “give a bad name” to those who are genuinely exempt for medical or mental reasons. 

Its a selfish world out there!

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Maybe they are exempt?

We are all (public and shop staff etc) being advised not to question them, or accuse them of “not even bothering”  for fear of upsetting them!

Personally, I think many will take advantage of this, and subsequently “give a bad name” to those who are genuinely exempt for medical or mental reasons. 

Its a selfish world out there!

Its difficult to get your head around, we went for a walk Sunday, planned to call in the local shop to pick up a loaf, realised had forgot masks.

We obviously decided not to bother going in and managed without the loaf.

I think you are right though lots won't bother either way, just dont see many staff getting involved for fear of being abused.

Incredibly hard to police, unfortunately what this crisis has demonstrated is that (some) people will only do the right things if they are forced to, if there is a way of not doing them sod everyone else they will just do what they want anyway.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Its difficult to get your head around, we went for a walk Sunday, planned to call in the local shop to pick up a loaf, realised had forgot masks.

We obviously decided not to bother going in and managed without the loaf.

I think you are right though lots won't bother either way, just dont see many staff getting involved for fear of being abused.

Incredibly hard to police, unfortunately what this crisis has demonstrated is that (some) people will only do the right things if they are forced to, if there is a way of not doing them sod everyone else they will just do what they want anyway.

Policing has always largely been "by consent" in this country. Trying to push shop assistants (who may only be young kids at the weekend) into being "enforcers" seems completely unreasonable and unrealistic to me.

See Germany have advised against travel to 3 regions of Spain where infections numbers have gone high, as opposed to the UK who have advised against travel to all of Spain, including the islands.

People will have had their holidays cancelled/ruined because if they go to a Spanish island with almost no infections, they will have to miss 2 weeks of work on their return to the UK.

Makes sense.

Archived