Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Ok your and others opinion. Sure there are other with different opinions.

Yes think Lowe and Bogle are both both justified I  being offended by the comments.

Already said Lowes response was good. 

Not sure why people like Michael Johnson feel the need to wade into the matter. 

Seems inconsistent with your position. Dont understand how you think they can be justified in being offended but you see no fault/singling out in the comments Ramage made?

Re Michael Johnson (and Jason Roberts), the reason they will wade in is because of casual racism they suffered as young black players starting out & as young black lads in society in general. They had to 'put up with it' at a time when racism was nowhere near as taboo as it is now & will want to protect young players on the receiving end of it now. Sure it's not as explicit now as it was in the 80s (with the odd shocking exception) but it's the insinuations & lazy stereotypes that still pervade and that Raheem Sterling rightly called the Daily Mail out on last year & that Max Lowe is seeking to do so here.

5 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

I wasn’t going to enter this debate but will. Firstly I think what Craig said was totally unacceptable. He must and will  face sanction. I have no idea about his views on race but feel the preamble leading up to the black player quote, to me at least, suggests he thinks it’s a trait of black players in particular. Having said that, I make mistakes in life, as I’m sure most of us do. Please let him apologise ( hopefully he thinks he needs to) and face what punishment comes his way. But let’s not get carried away with our condemnation and calls for recriminations. Don’t hound him or especially his family mercilessly. It’s such a shame we no longer seem capable of accepting a persons failings and afford them the opportunity to improve and learn from their mistakes and ultimately grow Into better people 

Im with you,  people make mistakes we all do. 

Lets hope its addressed and the guilty parties hold their hands up and admit the errors of their ways. 

I don't think someone should automatically lose their livelihood for an error of judgment, as far as i know Ramage has no form for comments like these, i understand him to be a decent family man who does plenty for charitable causes.

I don't think he should be on tomorrow night,  or next week,  or the week after,  there has to be a sanction, but he should be given an opportunity. 

9 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

I wasn’t going to enter this debate but will. Firstly I think what Craig said was totally unacceptable. He must and will  face sanction. I have no idea about his views on race but feel the preamble leading up to the black player quote, to me at least, suggests he thinks it’s a trait of black players in particular. Having said that, I make mistakes in life, as I’m sure most of us do. Please let him apologise ( hopefully he thinks he needs to) and face what punishment comes his way. But let’s not get carried away with our condemnation and calls for recriminations. Don’t hound him or especially his family mercilessly. It’s such a shame we no longer seem capable of accepting a persons failings and afford them the opportunity to improve and learn from their mistakes and ultimately grow Into better people 

Agreed.

I've often given my opinion on Ramage as far as his comments on the current Rams players and performances - he's unprofessional and too self indulgent but if he comes up with a genuine apology and Radio Derby decide to retain him as a summariser I won't have any issues with that.

Still won't take any notice of his gibberish though.

3 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Seems inconsistent with your position. Dont understand how you think they can be justified in being offended but you see no fault/singling out in the comments Ramage made?

Re Michael Johnson (and Jason Roberts), the reason they will wade in is because of casual racism they suffered as young black players starting out & as young black lads in society in general. They had to 'put up with it' at a time when racism was nowhere near as taboo as it is now & will want to protect young players on the receiving end of it now. Sure it's not as explicit now as it was in the 80s (with the odd shocking exception) but it's the insinuations & lazy stereotypes that still pervade and that Raheem Sterling rightly called the Daily Mail out on last year & that Max Lowe is seeking to do so here.

Nothing inconsistent. He mentioned young black players in an interview where he was primarily talking about young players.

He was singling out young players.

He was wrong to mention the colour of their skin.

Let's be honest if he had named Bogle and Lowe by name we would probably still have had the same reaction.

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Do you think that they are crazy enough to go and rush out an ill informed statement knowing that it inevitably will get picked to pieces much like Ramages comments already have been on here. 

I dunt agree wi wor he said but two players broke law , could ha killed innocent people early in season..but they kept their jobs and played next match... nah I dunt care too much fer spamage but really? Lose his job cause of a comment .. nah he ain't sharpest tool but come on .... smacks a bit of double standards from DCFC.. just mi opinion mi owds 

Just now, Paul71 said:

I said our opinions differ, i am not trying to change your view,  please don't try and bully me into accepting yours. 

Don't use the word bully please especially on today of all days. Unjustified and totally disproportionate.

Our views do differ I will agree with you on that. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Don't use the word bully please especially on today of all days. Unjustified and totally disproportionate.

He’s the one accusing you of bullying then he’s the one using rage faces as reactions ?

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ok i apologise. I do feel that there was no need for the subsequent post but anyway.

I may get over sensitive sometimes having been in the end of one poster directing an attempt to intimidate and bully me recently via a pm. So sorry again. 

3 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I dunno if anyone is a member of some of the dcfc Facebook groups, but there are some real knuckle heads on there defending this.

I dont think I'm a member of any of the groups but I very much doubt there is anyone defending it.

Probably some saying it's being blown out of proportion and being misconstrued but would be surprised if there are any defending the comments.

Obviously apologies if I am wrong.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Ok i apologise. I do feel that there was no need for the subsequent post but anyway.

I may get over sensitive sometimes having been in the end of one poster directing an attempt to intimidate and bully me recently via a pm. So sorry again. 

No apology expected but thankyou for your honesty. I understood that it was an emotive subject for you so apologies if I took things a bit too far. 

I think we both agree that bullying is totally unacceptable and uncalled for anywhere especially on here so I did take exception to being called one but I think we both understand each other now so water under the bridge. My intent was never to offend you or anyone else for that matter so peace ?

Archived