v Fulham (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DCFC Ram said:

He's clearly not good enough, but Zoon may have covered more yardage than Lawrence this evening.

If Zoon didn't, at least made some effort.

When Lawrence can't even be bothered to move a yard to the touchline to give his fullback one option from a throw things have got bad. Nevermind the countless times when he stayed shielded behind any other player to put himself out of the game for receiving a pass

We sold Ince for the same faults; we need to get shut of Lawrence as soon as we can.

Take it you're being sarcastic - if not then there's no hope for you.

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Seen some posts criticising the decision to bring on Jozefzoon. I actually think it was what we needed. We were desperate for some pace and Fulham’s defence was looking tired. Some good chances wasted tonight - Wisdom, Lawrence, JoSefzoon. Some great play though and a good entertaining match. 

Fulham are a strong team and we more than competed. Need to be more clinical. Conditions tricky for both teams tonight. 

Jozefzoons' confidence is rock bottom and it shows. By all accounts, according to his teammates, he's the quickest and most skilful player in the squad so not producing it on matchday must be down to a serious lack of it.

Bogle would probably been a more effective option in that wide right position for the final 15 minutes but it's oh so easy in hindsight.

Martin Waghorn is a Tractor to Chris Martin’s Rolls Royce ..

Why oh why does Cocu prefer the farm labourer to the artist ? 

And what would we give to have Tom Cairney in our midfield ! A player who would grace the Premiership if anyone were to take a chance on him ! 

Thought Max Bird was first class too .. 

And that game was Premiership class too .. 

3 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

And what would we give to have Tom Cairney in our midfield ! A player who would grace the Premiership if anyone were to take a chance on him ! 

Martin wouldn’t have been much use today, he needs midfield runners to supply and create space. We didn’t play any to day so he probably would have been totally isolated.

Waghorn was the better choice for this game and may well be until Holmes is back fit

Great game. Great performance. Absolutely robbed tonight. Can’t think of any negatives. Didn’t like the selection of waggy down the middle but looking at the way they played out from the back absolutely see why Cocu did it.  A fully fit Marriott would’ve been the ideal option tonight

Rooney was class as ever, Bird is a serious talent, Andre was excellent again at full back, and Lawrence was also excellent.

Frustrating we haven’t left ourselves any margin for error for the playoffs and that’s any slim chance probably gone now, but there has been a step change since Christmas and I can definitely see something building. Really excited for next season and the future

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Deserved to win that. 

Rodak has had a blinder unfortunately and despite not having much of the ball, we created the better chances throughout the game.

Thought Lawrence was brilliant today, particularly off the ball. Such a disciplined display that we’ve never really seen from him. A selfless team player who made countless tackles and still carried our biggest threat going forward. 

Clarke had a good game but Curtis continues to look finished. We struggle to play out from the back with this back line and it really hurts us at times, as it particularly did first half. 

Not interested in attributing blame for the goal personally, but Wisdom’s clearance when it was so easy to go to Hamer was just as bad as Bogle’s error last week, but I doubt he will get the same comments for it. 

Agree Wisdom had a couple of spells in the game where I thought he’s better of at CB and thought Clarke was really good tonight ....will probably get some stick for this but thought Hamer was caught a bit flat footed with there goal but generally we looked better than the first half of the season ....if Cocu can get 3 decent defenders in who are comfortable on the ball and a decent keeper it would make such a difference ....shame but Davies looks nearly finished for me but I’d actually try and sign Clarke on a permanent if possible I think he’s getting better game by game ...all in all a good performance and Lawrence seems more disciplined again 

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Scored against Forest.

Just to double check the memory, just YouTubed it, and got to see one of Sir Jake's finest moment's too.

Winning.

From my personal memory and opinion, he was one of the worst players we've ever had, something that sticks in my mind is someone saying they'd personally pay for a taxi to take him back to the club we had him from. I agreed, I'd have paid too. 

He was just diabolical, from what i recall. 

Another day we win 3-1 easy. Disappointed not to take all 3 points against a team fighting for automatic promotion. They were slick and organised yet we opened them up half a dozen times with ease and created good chances.

Looking forward to next season with Cocu embedding his tactics into the players philosophy and Rooney carrying them out on the pitch.

We've got young lads who should be playing in the youth team getting regular man of the match accolades and learning their trade from footballing royalty

We are probably only a goalie and centre back away from going up this season so all to play for next time. 

There's a little matter of a 5th round FA Cup match v Man United to come and some great looking games against all the teams hoping to go up,  so great end of season games to look forward to without the usual tension of play offs.

Time to enjoy the rest of the season my fellow sheepshaggers, get behind Phil and the coaches and marvel at the sublime skills of someone who goes by the name of Wayne Rooney.

Its already written that he's going to smash the winner against the gumps and cost them a play off place. I almost feel sorry for them.....almost....?

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Another day we win 3-1 easy. Disappointed not to take all 3 points against a team fighting for automatic promotion. They were slick and organised yet we opened them up half a dozen times with ease and created good chances.

Looking forward to next season with Cocu embedding his tactics into the players philosophy and Rooney carrying them out on the pitch.

We've got young lads who should be playing in the youth team getting regular man of the match accolades and learning their trade from footballing royalty

We are probably only a goalie and centre back away from going up this season so all to play for next time. 

There's a little matter of a 5th round FA Cup match v Man United to come and some great looking games against all the teams hoping to go up,  so great end of season games to look forward to without the usual tension of play offs.

Time to enjoy the rest of the season my fellow sheepshaggers, get behind Phil and the coaches and marvel at the sublime skills of someone who goes by the name of Wayne Rooney.

Its already written that he's going to smash the winner against the gumps and cost them a play off place. I almost feel sorry for them.....almost....?

I think we’re a goal scorer a midfielder and a centre half away. Take Rooney out and we are way off.

19 points in the last 11 games.

It’s been comfortably top 6 form in the second half of the season.

When you think of the Luton, Bristol City, Huddersfield and Fulham games and how we squandered points, it could have been even better.

There is a case for us being possibly 6-10 points better off, on the balance of play.

Let’s see how Cocu approaches the last 12 games.

Another 5-6 wins and 20+ points on top of some spirited and competitive performances and there’d be definite cause for encouragement going into next season.

The biggest thing I would like to see is pieces falling into place and Cocu settling on his best eleven.

He is still making too many changes from week to week.

Just climbed in bed having recorded game to watch after finishing work. Enjoyed it like many have said, their keeper had a terrific game which says it all. Positive vibes and if we keep Zoon I hope he can gain some confidence even in cameo appearances. Would love to see the lad start performing. Lawrence growing again in confidence, that continues and we’ll have a special player for next season. Night night everybody 

5 hours ago, Ram8 said:

Thought Max Bird was first class too .. 

Tom Cairney had a chance in the Prem with Fulham and didn’t pull up any trees. I agree he’s an excellent player at Championship level but beyond that............?

One of the best performances of the season and we manage to have 19 pages?!

I enjoyed the game, two good footballing teams going for it. Clarke excellent, Bird and Rooney as well. Shinnie did a a good job to keep Cairney quiet. Waggy runs his socks off, Lawrence's best game of the season....Davies was struggling, but he was pretty much the only one. Nice to see this team developing, last couple months have been mostly joy to watch.

Special mention to the ref. Yes, he gave away unnecessary freekick on Shinnie's clean tackle but overall he did very well. That is so rare occasion that deserves to be highlighted. Good ref is the single most important building block to enjoyable football match, hope we would get such one more often.

Talking of Tom Cairney, whom I agree is a quality player, did Fulham not turn down a £25 million bid for him a couple of years back or have I mixed him up with someone else? It got me thinking that given Cairney would have been around 25 or 26 at the time, how much is Max Bird worth already given he's starting to look a lot like being of similar ability to Cairney, but has not long turned 19? And if he maintains this incredible rate of improvement through to next season, how much then?

I know he only extended his contract a year or so back but maybe we need to be looking to extend it beyond 2022? It'd be grim having to let him go for 7-8 mill next season just because he's only a year left on his contract. I reckon the lad's a star in the making and would make the step up to the Premiership without turning a hair. I'd be getting him on a four year contract with a release clause for a very substantial fee on the off-chance we're not promoted in the next year or two, assuming that's possible?

7 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

1. Rooney is outrageous. I've taken to going to the match sober so I can savour just how technically good he is. It wont last forever, lap it up.

2. Really really like Wisdom's all round physicality. My new Darren Moore.

3. Just watching a re-run of the 2nd half on my sky box. Shinnie has some hooter on him. Proper conk. 

Correct and it’s a good excuse to wheel out this classic again!

Archived