v Fulham (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy your weekend folks! That was a really entertaining game. Disappointing not to get 3 points but can't be too upset at being better than 3rd place on the night. ?

1 minute ago, ck- said:

So coming back and being the strongest team for the last ten minutes presumably says something else about our mentality?

not really, I can think of at least 3 recent games where we’ve scored and then immediately gone to rat **** 

Luton, Huddersfield, tonight 

you can’t go from creating chances and scoring to forgetting how to pass a ball 5 yards until you concede again and then suddenly grow your balls back

tactics a large part of it but 100% a mentality issue, also why we’ve been so bonk away from home all season, fragile 

Should of bought bogle on instead of jozefzoon and if you hadn't played in that long show what your about and give the manager a decision to make. Hes fell over the ball as soon as he came on controlling the ball like it was a time bomb about to explode and trying to get out of sight. Then the chance he could have scored if he had glued himself to the spot and didnt move instead he looked like he did the matrix to move out the way  so to say the fans on this forum were chastising him is rubbish. He needs to do a lot more than that. He doesn't need to be gods gift and track back which he didnt do either to help out as defensively he isn't that good. 

8 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Doesn’t really get a great break!? he had a tap in from 3 yards and completely missed the ball, he’s a professional footballer ffs, he’s not in there out of sympathy! do your job and score the goal! 

How many second and third chances has Lawrence had this year ??

lets cut flojo some slack ... it’s not working out for him but until the last month You could say exactly the same about Lawrence the only difference was somehow almost explicitly Lawrence was still getting picked no matter how many times he gave the ball away cheaply and dangerously 

were giving cocu time, we gave Lawrence all the time in the world ... what’s one more ?

Deserved to win that. 

Rodak has had a blinder unfortunately and despite not having much of the ball, we created the better chances throughout the game.

Thought Lawrence was brilliant today, particularly off the ball. Such a disciplined display that we’ve never really seen from him. A selfless team player who made countless tackles and still carried our biggest threat going forward. 

Clarke had a good game but Curtis continues to look finished. We struggle to play out from the back with this back line and it really hurts us at times, as it particularly did first half. 

Not interested in attributing blame for the goal personally, but Wisdom’s clearance when it was so easy to go to Hamer was just as bad as Bogle’s error last week, but I doubt he will get the same comments for it. 

8 minutes ago, Derbados said:

not really, I can think of at least 3 recent games where we’ve scored and then immediately gone to rat **** 

Luton, Huddersfield, tonight 

you can’t go from creating chances and scoring to forgetting how to pass a ball 5 yards until you concede again and then suddenly grow your balls back

tactics a large part of it but 100% a mentality issue, also why we’ve been so bonk away from home all season, fragile 

Fair point. I guess I was just looking for a positive in that they came back from being overrun. I think your point - and one I agree with - is that having taken the lead, we shouldn’t have turned all defensive and put ourselves on the back foot. We can’t defend a lead so why try?

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Enjoy your weekend folks! That was a really entertaining game. Disappointing not to get 3 points but can't be too upset at being better than 3rd place on the night. ?

Entertaining last 20mins agreed. Before that it was slightly tiresome and pretty sluggish. Mainly Fulham at fault as they just passed it aimlessly across the lines. 

Our midfield was just lacking in real inspiration, no one breaking the lines or with serious pace...solid but uninspiring. Knight, Shinnie, Lawrence and Bird all played well enough, just much of a muchness tonight. 

Deserved to win, but conceded another soft goal from a cross. Play offs have gone now so I am surprised how passive the tactics are. 

7 out 10 performance. Just feels like a chance to impose our own game more now the season is merely 'playing out' but we are still taking each game at a time..hopefully see the benefit next season. 

Not a penalty???????

Not a ** penalty?????

Anyone else listening to these sky commentators?

He might not actively move his hand towards the ball but it's out from his body and STOPS the ball moving forward to its destination...

This isnt a penalty??

Even the fulham player knew it

I feel disappointed we didn’t win so I suppose that says we played well. I think overall we had the chances but didn’t put them away. It’s been the same all season. Defensive mistake leads to a goal we need another goal but can’t score. I’m encouraged that we had 7 shots on target because some times We haven’t had 1. We look dangerous so that gives the opposition something to think about. I think we will put more away it will come.

14 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Doesn’t really get a great break!? he had a tap in from 3 yards and completely missed the ball, he’s a professional footballer ffs, he’s not in there out of sympathy! do your job and score the goal! 

Tap in? Really? Ok hasn't played in a while. Maybe feeling the pressure.  Obviously a goal you would have scored EVERY time. However if it had been Marriott or Martin it would have been one of those things.

Give the guy a break. 

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

Tap in? Really? Ok hasn't played in a while. Maybe feeling the pressure.  Obviously a goal you would have scored EVERY time. However if it had been Marriott or Martin it would have been one of those things.

Give the guy a break. 

Ever played football?

That chance in particular is the hardest kind to put away, looks easy and you think you will hit it everytime. Looks easy right? No problem? You could do better?

Dont play for a while, a little bit rusty and suddenly it's not so easy especially at that height. Let's give Zoon a break for now

Archived