v Northampton FAC4R replay - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You should need at least 10+ years of season ticket history and a family tree with at least three generations that have lived no further than 100 yards from either Pride Park or the Baseball Ground. Anything less and you are at best a half fan and at worst a plastic that would likely be found lining up to buy a half and half scarf.

A picture with Wayne Rooney that he has signed in his own blood.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Northampton. Gave it their all over the two games and even with us scoring 4 tonight, they still kept us honest. Great character in their squad, hopefully they'll do enough to make it up this season.

Well done our lads too. A tad sloppy at times but a big step up from the first game and the Cocu train is picking up speed now.

Bring on the Mancs!

COYR

Well in lads. Shame I couldn’t watch and had to listen to radio Derby, but I’m sure it was a much better performance than they made out! Another 4 goals at leats is excellent to see after our recent impotency in front of goal. Never an easy game in the FA cup, and to reach the 5th round is excellent for our season. A decent cup run gives us all something to get excited about. Well done all for making it this far, now let’s go all the way?

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Well in lads. Shame I couldn’t watch and had to listen to radio Derby, but I’m sure it was a much better performance than they made out! Another 4 goals at leats is excellent to see after our recent impotency in front of goal. Never an easy game in the FA cup, and to reach the 5th round is excellent for our season. A decent cup run gives us all something to get excited about. Well done all for making it this far, now let’s go all the way?

According to the Northampton radio commentary we played very well; well deserving of the win. 

The treated the Northampton goals more like it was simply keeping things interesting than anything else.

Not been reading this thread so apologies if Radio Derby's coverage has been mentioned already.

Living in exile, I don't get to listen to Radio Derby these days but with BBC allowing streaming for cup matches and no commentary from @SaintRam I've had no choice.

My word, the Dawes/Ramage combo is poor, their whinging and negativity are shocking - they make certain individuals on here appear more happy go lucky and positive than the great Desmond Tutu.

And if they are influencers at all on the listening public, their treatment of Roos will only lead to more booing and sarcastic applause.

And the contradictions...... Pick the same team that played Stoke one minute then the next.... By picking Martin who missed those chances, it will damage his confidence.

Chris in the studio had to tell them it was Marriott's goal - they didn't even realise it was a goal - and about a substitution they had missed, along with facts about past games.

Come back @SaintRam with your balanced and considered commentary.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Not been reading this thread so apologies if Radio Derby's coverage has been mentioned already.

Mentioned? I've been on a bit of a rant tonight. Can't help myself

It's been mentioned a lot - you're not alone

Rammage "We should have kept the same side as Saturday (even though it was Friday), and sent the lads out to fill their boots. Now Martin has missed one, will that affect him going forward?".

A reverse ferret in 2 seconds, a new record surely?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

7 games in the next 25 days.

Someone is going to have to be rested at some point during the period I would think.

It's not like he has made wholesale changes.

We are at the point in the season where suspensions may start kicking in too, isn't it a good idea to get fringe players up to speed?

OK, I appreciate that we have a heavy schedule and that you can’t play the same eleven in every game. Rotation and squad management is a must at our level.

But I think for a manager who has struggled to find his best eleven all season, surely you stick with the same team that produced the best performance of the season and try to build upon that. We won’t be resting anyone when Man Utd come to town, for instance. Why is it different tonight on the back of our best display of the season?

Now granted if Bird, Waghorn, Forsyth and Bogle are injured or struggling for fitness, then of course, Cocu was entirely correct to rest them.

But now we’ve won, what does he do? Do Malone, Shinnie, Marriott and Davies keep their places? Does that not complicate things for Cocu?

The result was never in doubt, but people may question the selection if we go back to the Stoke XI on Saturday and they don’t look sharp.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

OK, I appreciate that we have a heavy schedule and that you can’t play the same eleven in every game. Rotation and squad management is a must at our level.

But I think for a manager who has struggled to find his best eleven all season, surely you stick with the same team that produced the best performance of the season and try to build upon that. We won’t be resting anyone when Man Utd come to town, for instance. Why is it different tonight on the back of our best display of the season?

Now granted if Bird, Waghorn, Forsyth and Bogle are injured or struggling for fitness, then of course, Cocu was entirely correct to rest them.

But now we’ve won, what does he do? Do Malone, Shinnie, Marriott and Davies keep their places? Does that not complicate things for Cocu?

The result was never in doubt, but people may question the selection if we go back to the Stoke XI on Saturday and they don’t look sharp.

No, no, no and no

Archived