v Northampton FAC4R replay - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Hope you told him the Northampton crew were better

I’d already blocked him too, so he’s definitely seeking himself out. I suggest we all let Radio Derby know how much we hate these pair on the radio. 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the match, it's the first one I've been able to get down for in a while. Enjoyed it. 

Rooney was magnificent. Turning in tight spaces, playing incredible through balls. The penalty was very well taken. 

Duane Holmes, another brilliant performance. Used his mobility well to get about, threaded lovely passes and took players on. Northampton couldn't deal with him down the right all night long. Lovely composed finish. 

Marriott and Martin weren't brilliant. Both worked hard, both should have done better in front of goal. Marriott desperately needs more confidence in front of net. 

Curtis Davies, I worry about him. I think he might be finished. He couldn't win a header up against their striker all night and his pace is completely gone. His passing was all over the place. Love the guy, but I don't think he's got it anymore. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

mission accomplished. A handful of decentish performances - Rooney shone again.

Malone, Roos and Davies looked like they's slot in the Northampton side - or at least get a place in their squad. They aren't good enough for ours.

Marriott doesn't look sharp enough. He need a run of games. Martin similar. That said our 'Stoke' side looks our best 11 right now.

Only against Stoke....or any other team that stands off us in midfield. Against a bunch of ratters I'm not as convinced. 

16 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just curious how you listened. I thought they said it would be available (and it was for the first match) but tonight I got the annoying BBC "sport not available" repeating message through my speakers, BBC Sounds and TuneIn. But I'm in the UK - maybe it's different overseas (I'm guessing you're there) or was it something else?

That said it sounds as if I had a lucky escape!

I listened to Radio Northampton from overseas over the internet and thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it said UK only. I would sometimes prefer to listen to the BBC "sport not available" repeating message than Craig Ramage, to be honest. 

Just now, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I listened to Radio Northampton from overseas over the internet and thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it said UK only. I would sometimes prefer to listen to the BBC "sport not available" repeating message than Craig Ramage, to be honest. 

Thats how most of us finished up listening to it

Just got in. Job done and 4 goals. Enjoyable match with some nice passages of play, little touches, 1-2’s and a bit of pace when moving the ball.

Rough tough opposition who fought well and kept going to the end.

slow start to be expected as they had an initial enthusiastic go at us .. then found our feet .. 2 golden chances for Jack and Chrissy Martin .. both fluffed badly .. worried it might be one of those nights.

Wisdom kept his head and banged it in just off the goal line in a scrum, Holmes bright again and a cracking finish. .. all cruising and looking good. 

silly mistake at the start of the second half gave the cobblers a lift and they deserved it for effort. We bounce back and Jack gets one. I think he deserved it. The flicks and touches aren’t quite coming off but he really is razor sharp and can hold up the ball as well as pinching opportunities. Martin full of guile but was getting knocked about a bit. 

No one really stood out. Davies brave as always but he never looks comfortable when we mess about at the back and got harried a fair bit. Rooney, class and you just knew the pen would go in. Sibley looked hungry and effective and Knight did some dancing 

All good and apart from Lawrence getting a knock in the back and falling on his shoulder I think we came away unscathed.

i can’t get poetic because we did our job, looked in control, had the usual silly mistakes but enough difference in class for it not to matter

Well done lads 

Slightly irritated and disappointed that we couldn’t turn the screw and get a 5 or 6-1 win when the opportunity was there to grab it

could have been 4-0 by half time, but then another post half time cuppa lack of concentration 

did well to go 4-1 up but throughout the second half stupid passing at the back created some hairy moments 

even Jason knight caught the back passing bug. 

We are better when we face the opposition goal. 

just got home, great game to say its my first in a while i’ve been able to go to!

Said to me self a couple of times, we are far better with wisdom and clarke in cb.

Te Wierik will fit in nicely for when Clarkey leaves..

Also more criticism towards Ted bundy and Craig Rampage today? what they done now?

Archived