v Luton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

9 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

The top six are all Better than ours for starters 

we have a left back selection of the erratic max lowe or scott wtf Malone 

Lowe, one of the stand out defenders in the SPL last season. Voted players player of the season for Aberdeen. Scott Malone experienced Championship player. Was regarded as one of the best left backs in the league before signing for us. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Squid said:

and i stand by my point. it’s not just Cocu.

We was poo away from home under lampard aswell!!

for duck sake its an issue we’ve had for donkeys, can’t expect cocu to turn it around when lampard struggled to win away from home with the quality we had last year.

This year we have a poo poo poo team, he’s not a ducking magician

We are getting worse and conceding more!

You make out like he’s not had any chance to do anything. He spunked 10 million on one player. He chose to bring in and then cancel loan players. He had clearly not had a plan for this window (you cannot blame pre-season now).

As for a magician? I would just rather him manage and set a team up to compete in 50% of our games. He cannot even do that. You cannot see what he is trying to do. Today was a typical Coco away performance. 

Look at other manager...Monk has no transfer window and look at Wednesday. Preston never spend big. Rowett is getting more out of a team who are worse than our players, Cooper at Swansea lost McBurnie, James, Ayew, Fer and Narsignh. They have used the used the loan market with devastating effect (Brewster, Wilmot , Gallagher, Guehi) - just as Lampard did last season.

Just now, Uptherams said:

Lowe, one of the stand out defenders in the SPL last season. Voted players player of the season for Aberdeen. Scott Malone experienced Championship player. Was regarded as one of the best left backs in the league before signing for us. 

Erm Malone - 10 clubs and every club the supporters say he can’t defend - fair enough 

5 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

We have very little squad depth, thats why we are relying on the youngsters 

So you are admitting the clubs clustered at the top of the table have better squads. Thats what football is about bringing players in to take them from mid table to the play offs. You are contradicting yourself.

Fans at other clubs don't laugh of talk we have such a poor squad, they laugh at us because we have a poor squad

Injuries of which all clubs suffer from and loans that haven't worked out. You should try talking to some of them. Mates that support other clubs in this league are frustrated at how bare bones their squads are in quality and how just 2 players would make such a huge difference where as they say all we need to do is get a couple of players to just perform. Waghorn, Marriott, Martin and Lawrence always get mentioned. Always saying imagine having 4 players at your disposal of their capability. Where as we have to fight to get a player of the quality. 

We have now won 2 away games in the league since December 2018. Which is an absolute disgrace. So all the blame can't just lie at Cocu's door. These players are an absolute shambles.

There's so many things wrong at this football club it's frightening. I said on another thread the other day that in the summer we need 7-9 players to even be remotely competitive and I stand by that. But how on earth are we supposed to do that? No sign of this investment is there?

To give that game away tonight pretty much sums up our season and the mentality that these pathetic bunch of bottle jobs continue to show season on season.

The lack of creativity is alarming. It really is. Waghorn has never ever been a lone striker. Not once in his career. You can see from the start that it doesn't work, before the game nobody wants to see it. Yet we go again with it. As soon as it went 1-1 that should have been us making a change. To leave it till 80 minutes out of desperation is poor. 

I honestly can't see us signing anyone this week. 

I can see Stoke beating us on Friday and then back to back away games at Swansea and Bristol City. 

I'm sick of the players at this football club letting us down time and time again. Rotten to the core.

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Erm Malone - 10 clubs and every club the supporters say he can’t defend - fair enough 

Most clubs say that about most of their defenders ? I don't like him. But to most clubs in this league, the opportunity to have him in their squad, they would not say no. Clubs fighting for the play offs. 

1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

Injuries of which all clubs suffer from and loans that haven't worked out. You should try talking to some of them. Mates that support other clubs in this league are frustrated at how bare bones their squads are in quality and how just 2 players would make such a huge difference where as they say all we need to do is get a couple of players to just perform. Waghorn, Marriott, Martin and Lawrence always get mentioned. Always saying imagine having 4 players at your disposal of their capability. Where as we have to fight to get a player of the quality. 

Whatever you are on i want some, there you go again contradicting yourself. Your "mates" saying a couple of players for them would make a huge difference to them but we need a couple of players  to just perform. Do you not think a couple of players would make a huge difference to us. I am sure if we got offers for the players you mention we would happily sell, no offers seem to have been forthcoming so they can;t be deemed to be as good as you are inferring

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Whatever you are on i want some, there you go again contradicting yourself. Your "mates" saying a couple of players for them would make a huge difference to them but we need a couple of players  to just perform. Do you not think a couple of players would make a huge difference to us. I am sure if we got offers for the players you mention we would happily sell, no offers seem to have been forthcoming so they can;t be deemed to be as good as you are inferring

Moving some of our options to fund alternatives...But the question is why. Why are they not performing? Most clubs don't have the luxury. They hope one or two who are capable, will perform well and get the goals and assists. We've got multiple players who are capable. Compared to most teams in this league we have an embarrassment of riches. They have to make the best of average players and squads. 

Also don't be a twit. 

10 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But you have said we have depth in the squad so according to you we don'y need to sign anyone

Some people are saying our squad is awful and we need to sign 7-10 players. I'm saying if just one starts to score frequently and we get a couple of loans that are effective, their perspective of our squad will change dramatically. 

First half so tediously slow - Max Bird was to scared to even face the goal we were attacking let alone kick it that way. I won't knock Bird for that, I think Cocu is drumming into them so much that the kids scared to try stuff.

Need two up front which isnt Waghorn and Rooney. As a defender, if a striker isnt getting in behind me, happy days in this league.

Lawrence stays on the pitch for another 90 - sweet jesus. Good move to bring M&M on but jesus, first Holmes and then Knight. Best two players second half for us. 

Hamer - going to catch 40 winks next time he has the ball. I've got time to do that before he releases it.

4's, 5's and 6's for everyone. Nothing more.

It's so painful watching and supporting us - this game should have been a solid win against a poor Luton outfit.

To lose that match was unbelievable no wonder Cocu is so mad, that defending was pub league standard at best, shame because with the ball at times we looked good, hope we get a few in, centre back, left back, midfielder and a forward please we need a shake up and quick, still can not believe how we threw that game away. 2 good goals as well from us tonight, and we gave 2 awful goals away, hope we get a reaction against Stoke after that performance

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Prefer Simon and Garfunkel 

“Hello darkness my old friend 

We’ve lost away from home again......”

For @angieram and the rest of the full fans...

"I'm sitting in the railway station.
Got ticket for a 3 goal molestation.
On a tour of away end stands
my hip flask and razor blades in hand.
And every match is neatly planned
for a defeat and a ten-man band.

Homeward bound,
I wish I was"

Archived