v Luton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

On the plus side, Bogle again made a fantastic cross to Martin for the second goal....after the palace game,Martin said he had been badgering Bogle to put some crosses in the box for him and we now have two goals from two crosses from the pair.

So a nice little partnership developing, which expect Cocu has also noticed.........and we will therefore never,ever,see them play together again.

We can't have that sort of thing going on this season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our squad is decent, not brilliant but not poor, bad or awful.

On paper, I'd probably have put us 8-12th in the league.

But everything's been rotten this season.

I the grand scheme of things, this season is poo, and I think it's like a mega-hangover after seasons of beers (Mac 1), then wine (Clement), onto cider and black (DAZWAZ n 'arry), a rough shot (Pearson), couple more points (Mac 2), some buckfast and Valium (Rowett) then Fwankie turns up and says "probably time for some Cokacola" with a wink before your semi-functioning lurching around Matlock Bath Pavilion (is that still even open?) descends into a well of bottomless confusion. After all that, you wake up with this season.

5 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Lots of below par performances tonight, but much more concerned about the negative style of  football being played.  For large parts of the game we looked comfortable without creating anything. Waggers looked off the pace and we showed no real threat up front .Thought we had just done enough to steal the points against a poor side at 1.0 but any quality previously shown was abandoned once scoring . 3 points well dropped tonight and Cocu needs to reconsider his tactics and formations if he is ever going to take us forward .Throwing Marriott and Martin on with such little game time stunk of desperation rather than creativity or genius ,and dispite some average performances would question the preparation ,formation and and selection foremost.

Im sorry but I’m my opinion he’s ducking clueless

we’ve won a few home games but oh such fine margins, and yet away from how many times have we been firmly utterly trounced.

we look an incredibly poor side when going forward and goals seem to be by fault more than design. when we get leads he sits us so far back he makes Nigel clough look like ossie ducking ardieles ..... 

I just don’t see how this is going to pan out well for us 

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

On the plus side, Bogle again made a fantastic cross to Martin for the second goal....after the palace game,Martin said he had been badgering Bogle to put some crosses in the box for him and we now have two goals from two crosses from the pair.

So a nice little partnership developing, which I fully expect Cocu has also noticed.........and we will therefore never,ever see them play together again.

Shame they’re  seldom on the pitch together 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Leeds, West Brom, Forest, Fulham, Bristol City, Cardiff, Swansea...... and at a push Brentford, Stoke (Yep I know) and Sheff Weds.

Give me a reason why you think Derby’s is better? 

Top four and that is it. None of those other clubs have better squads. 2/3 about parity with ours. Yet our fans are acting like we've got an average squad. We have a squad that wouldn't have to do much to nick a play off spot. Two loans clearly didn't work out and hopefully we'll try and replace them. 

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Worse record away from home since Jewell, one of the biggest net spends. He should be doing a lot better. Morris knows this. Rooney must have thought this as he wouldn’t have joined a club battling to stay up (points deduction). 

and i stand by my point. it’s not just Cocu.

We was poo away from home under lampard aswell!!

for duck sake its an issue we’ve had for donkeys, can’t expect cocu to turn it around when lampard struggled to win away from home with the quality we had last year.

This year we have a poo poo poo team, he’s not a ducking magician

Wouldn’t blame cocu for walking now. The clubs a mess , Ageing players with no  fight and lack of talent , a owner who has no money and the captain long gone. I think this season is the result of the owners schemes and wasteful spending for the last 6 years. Only glimmer of hope is the academy. Sad times.

2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Top four and that is it. None of those other clubs have better squads. 2/3 about parity with ours. Yet our fans are acting like we've got an average squad. We have a squad that wouldn't have to do much to nick a play off spot. Two loans clearly didn't work out and hopefully we'll try and replace them. 

Youve got to be pissed mate or on something really good lol

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Somehow, we are still closer to the playoffs than the relegation zone...

Because truth be told the quality in this division over the last couple of years has been woeful.  Leeds are top and still need to win 10 more wins to match our total finishing third in 13-14.  If we had that team we would cruise this current league. Likewise if we had this squad in that league our arse would be really squeaking by now.

Nearly switched off at half time as we are just so so so frustrating to watch 95% of the time ,only play football in our own half ,too slow to get forward and dire when we do , we have some over rated poor players who can’t control or pass a ball and next to no movement off the ball ,

poor squad but I have to say I’m wavering on cocu now and if he is telling the players what he told us in interview regards how we are playing then we really are in trouble , he may be a different animal with decent quality self motivated players at his disposal but this is just not working and with all the other stuff going on we are in a bit of a mess , duck knows how we turn things around

Well I thought it was a weak looking starting X1 

hamer - they scored a header from a corner in the six yard line why wasn’t he cleaning that out - not better than Roos sorry 

Bogle - good cross for martins goal - but should have stopped the 3rd goal 

wisdom - ok ish 

clarke - everything came from his side 

lowe - touched the referee elbow - sent off stupid and silly 

bird - ok ish 

rooney - scored with a deflection 

knight  - ok 

holmes - we don’t get much away from home when he starts in central midfield- sadly 

Lawrence - why does he get to start ? He contributes very little and leaves the left side wide open 

Waghorn - who would start him on his own in the middle - I like him but not on his own as his first touch is an over stretched tackle 

subs - Marriott - did he touch the ball ? 

Martin - one chance one goal - scores goals for Derby county - how is he not starting league games ? 

Final thoughts - we took off midfielders for forwards that’s fine but we left on the likes of Lawrence on who just lose the ball constantly - still shaking my head - defensively we were poor - don’t knock Davies and Forsyth 

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

When you take into account squad depth, experience ability to keep clean sheets, score goals and create chances there are but a few clubs with better squads. Many sides above us rely on one or two players to take them from a mid table side to a side that challenges for the play offs. The likes of Sheff Wednesday, Brentford, Hull. All the clubs who have better squads, are clustered right at the top of the table. Our fans have formed an echo chamber. Fans of other clubs laugh at talk of we have a poor squad. No, were just really poo, they say. 

We have very little squad depth, thats why we are relying on the youngsters 

So you are admitting the clubs clustered at the top of the table have better squads. Thats what football is about bringing players in to take them from mid table to the play offs. You are contradicting yourself.

Fans at other clubs don't laugh of talk we have such a poor squad, they laugh at us because we have a poor squad

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

So a nice little partnership developing, which I fully expect Cocu has also noticed.........and we will therefore never,ever see them play together again.

We've see some good attacking partnerships in recent years

Bryson - Martin

Forsyth - Martin

Kuqi - Bueno

Kuqi - Cywka

Commons - Hulse

Ince - Christie

Hamer - Clarke

9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Leeds, West Brom, Forest, Fulham, Bristol City, Cardiff, Swansea...... and at a push Brentford, Stoke (Yep I know) and Sheff Weds.

Give me a reason why you think Derby’s is better? 

Not just better squads, but also clubs with lesser players performing better as a team .

Archived