v Northampton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

We played a second string team because we have a league game on Tuesday. 

Some people really are pretty thick. 

Yeah, some people are....like the people who think we should be playing a second string in the only competition we have left to play for because we have a pointless league game next week.....

38 minutes ago, Jayram said:

So you’re blaming refs now to help justify a goalless draw against L2 rubbish like that? As for us getting pumped I’ve seen that twice in person already this season at Brentford and Reading, and I’m really ducking fed up of it. Cocu is clueless and we are going nowhere. If you are happy to spend your hard earned on watching that dullards team week in eeek our good for you;.  

We were the better side at Reading…

I'm not saying Paterson is the answer at all.

But when we sent him back I genuinely thought another winger would be coming through the door. 

Sending him back and leaving us short just seems mental. How can he go back to Bristol (who are miles better than us) and get in their side but somehow isn't good enough for ours makes no sense. 

I actually thought that was fine.

It's not easy to go away to an in-form big lower league team on a bobbly pitch on a Friday night with five teenagers from the academy in your side. Had the officials shown basic levels of competence I'd expect us to have won at a canter.

As it's a replay I'm delighted that almost certainly means another start for Sibley and Martin.

Tonight for the very first time I felt we saw a glimpse of what Whittaker can offer to the first team. And I loved how Roos kept catching the balls pumped into the box al night. He did really well.

In the draw.  Which means more revenue too. Potential banana skin avoided. On t,o the next game.

Just back from Northampton. We weren't great at all but in fairness our midfield was 3 Academy players who have barely played any 1st Team football at any League level between them.

And credit to Northampton Town, who I thought played well. I know their CB should have been sent off but he really was MotM by a mile.

Nice evening out in the Cup at a new ground for me. No big deal, it's just a Cup game and sometimes it's just good to watch football.

29 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm not saying Paterson is the answer at all.

But when we sent him back I genuinely thought another winger would be coming through the door. 

Sending him back and leaving us short just seems mental. How can he go back to Bristol (who are miles better than us) and get in their side but somehow isn't good enough for ours makes no sense. 

When he came he was a good signing for me . Said so at the time, whenever I've seen him against us he's a pain in the arse. but also said he would struggle to play in the same team as Lawrence as they are both players who would prefer to play in space of a striker and would basically get in each others way .  Neither are natural wingers, which to be honest seems to be a dying trade .We went for the Lawrence option.

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Left to play for? Please tell me you dont think we can actually win the FA Cup?

If Wigan did it. Millwall got to the final. Think Cardiff did recently, Stranger thing's have happened . Need to give it a go if League form isn't great . At least it's a bit of excitement, or should be.

Archived