v Northampton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Mardy mardy drama queens as per.

Not the first and not the last team to put in a performance like that away to a lower league side in the cup on an awful pitch not suited to playing football on. 

Whining about no shots on target as if it tells the full story. We could have just launched it toward their keeper every time we had the ball 50 yards outs and recorded any number of shots on target. It wouldn't mean we'd created any more good opportunities but the people who focus entirely on one statistic would be appeased.

Davies buries one of his two easy(ish) headers and it's not even a thing.

We got into enough good positions only for the final pass to be poo, that's the most annoying thing for me.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Justa said:

Chill out ? Alternatively, try opening your eyes !!!

What style of football do we do well against ?

Well said. This is the worst football I’ve seen for years, even watching a Rowett team was better than this poo. 

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Not the first and not the last team to put in a performance like that away to a lower league side in the cup on an awful pitch not suited to playing football on. 

Whining about no shots on target as if it tells the full story. We could have just launched it toward their keeper every time we had the ball 50 yards outs and recorded any number of shots on target. It wouldn't mean we'd created any more good opportunities but the people who focus entirely on one statistic would be appeased.

We got into enough good positions only for the final pass to be poo, that's the most annoying thing for me.

Get your head out of your arse mate - what other statistic would you use to justify not having a shot on goal against a crap League 2 side? Were not drama queens, just Rams fans watching the worst football at Derby in years who want to see something resembling exciting football. 

6 minutes ago, goldstar said:

0-0 with a League 2 side. Not League 1, another one down. No shots on target with a pretty strong side is awful, whichever way you want to try and spin it. 

A completely make shift side though mate. It’s not like we didn’t get into positions to make chances, actually we got in some really good ones but it was either we over hit a pass around the box or a runner made a run too late which you get when a side hasn’t played together that much. 

Its the Friday night cup game away from home, we’ve been here before and been the team that gets embarrassed. We kept our positions and gave them little overall. It’s better that than everyone complaining because Forsyth tried a ball that wasn’t on and gave them an opening. It was a big game for Bird and Sibley in the end who were given a lot more responsibility and can see what’s expected of them. That’s more important to me right now.

It was exactly what the cup should be 

11 minutes ago, Hector74 said:

Finished the game with 2 left backs and 2 right backs cucu a football genius. If a team mimics there manager no wonder we're boring to watch 

And to think nigel clough used to get slated for bringing on 1 centre back towards the end of games  

cocu is making our Nigel look like Ossie “attack attack attack” ardiles

3 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Well said. This is the worst football I’ve seen for years, even watching a Rowett team was better than this poo. 

Yeah I particularly enjoyed us getting pumped 1-4 at home by a Sunderland team so awful it's now a documentary & then 1-3 by Burton.

Chill yourself. It was a fight with a horrible long ball team who had the ref in their pocket. Many a Derby team would have lost tonight, we didnt ?

Save your money on a defence and sign 2 attacking players. 

Winger with pace is an absolute must. Doesn't matter who is upfront because the creativity behind them is absolutely disgusting. 

We need a spark in midfield. Knight isn't a winger. You can see why Sibley hasn't started much. 

That tonight was utterly abysmal. 

You can't blame PC when this is what he's got at his disposal. 

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

First time I’ve ever been called positive. 

Just don’t see the point in screaming about like the sky is falling in from a game like that. Play like that against Luton? Then yeah, have at it. 

So play like that against harder opposition and it's worse? Hmmm

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I don't think we're all being Mandy drama queens we're just saying it as it was: a poor game and a pretty rubbish performance. Knight got in some good positions but I really can't think of anything more positive to say than that.

Was the pitch that bad? Not saying it wasn't but I can't say that I noticed it on TV. 

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Save your money on a defence and sign 2 attacking players. 

Winger with pace is an absolute must. Doesn't matter who is upfront because the creativity behind them is absolutely disgusting. 

We need a spark in midfield. Knight isn't a winger. You can see why Sibley hasn't started much. 

That tonight was utterly abysmal. 

You can't blame PC when this is what he's got at his disposal. 

Agree with everything u say bud 

although I do think cocu has to take some rap, we’re playing Northampton of league 2, we haven’t created or even looked like registering a shot on target... we end the game with 4 full backs on the pitch ... I mean come on ... For duck sake 

We ain’t going to win a game of football Like that are we 

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

A completely make shift side though mate. It’s not like we didn’t get into positions to make chances, actually we got in some really good ones but it was either we over hit a pass around the box or a runner made a run too late which you get when a side hasn’t played together that much. 

Its the Friday night cup game away from home, we’ve been here before and been the team that gets embarrassed. We kept our positions and gave them little overall. It’s better that than everyone complaining because Forsyth tried a ball that wasn’t on and gave them an opening. It was a big game for Bird and Sibley in the end who were given a lot more responsibility and can see what’s expected of them. That’s more important to me right now.

It was exactly what the cup should be 

Call me a non-fan of the Cup then because I'd love us to thrash a team by 3 or 4 goals and if we can't do it against a league 2 side with Rooney on the pitch and a lot of first teamers, then thats oretty depressing. Pleased for Knight and Bird but i'm so bored of the way we play. 

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Really, I'd have thought the poor excuse of officials were the most annoying thing, I'm still shaking my head as to why/how their MOTM wasn't sent off, We can all be critical of our performance, The clown in the blue shirt changed the game, Those having a pop at our players should be pointing a finger at the hopeless ref, He didn't do HIS job.

7 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Probably watched about 10 minutes worth of the last 45 mins, laptop relegated to the corner of the room with it on. Aside for the result it was just too damn boring to watch that on a Friday night. Fair play to anyone who managed the full 90. 

I did, a dire game with a dire refereeing decision. Sums it up that their player got MOTM because he got away with not getting sent off. Best parts of the evening were the three pints of Guinness I had. 

Archived