v Northampton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Some of the overreactions in here, I’m surprised some of the knees haven’t jerked straight into own faces. 

0-0 with a League 2 side. Not League 1, another one down. No shots on target with a pretty strong side is awful, whichever way you want to try and spin it. 

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, goldstar said:

0-0 with a League 2 side. Not League 1, another one down. No shots on target with a pretty strong side is awful, whichever way you want to try and spin it. 

8 changes from our league team. There’s a reason all these have been taken out of the team. No it wasn’t good, but they’re a style of football we never do well against, we are awful away, the pitch was dreadful and the ref was worse. Just chill out. 

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I said that I rate Chris Martin. He’s the best striker at the club, my point is you shouldn’t criticise Waghorn just because you think he shouldnt be playing. Personally, none of our current strikers are good enough.

I'd need to see them have more than one chance a decade to make a judgement.

Just now, Srg said:

8 changes from our league team. There’s a reason all these have been taken out of the team. No it wasn’t good, but they’re a style of football we never do well against, we are awful away, the pitch was dreadful and the ref was worse. Just chill out. 

I'm not stressed mate. I just cant understand fans like you that will grasp at straws to stay positive. Call a spade a spade. That was woeful. 

Being in the Cocu Out camp, I suppose I should take this as an opportunity to stick in the knife, but really I feel like he was in a lose-lose situation with this game.

At the end of the day, this was all about making sure we didn’t hit the headlines again for the wrong reasons.

Any club in the top two divisions can find cup ties against League Two opposition difficult to negotiate. So the remit was to avoid another Crawley away or Bristol Rovers at home.

Personally the next two league games will be much more telling.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

The point was a general point at everyone complaining about team sheets when it’s Waghorn up front rather than Martin or Marriott. 

I repeat it was a retort, plus it's not like Marriott or Waghorn have been white hot now is it!

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

If Northampton are hoping for a lucrative replay then I think they'll be disappointed. Can't imagine many will want to turn up and watch that all over again.

Depend's what night . If it's a Tuesday or Wednesday might have the option of beating my own testicles for 90 minutes with a rusty cheese grater. I'm 50/50 at the moment.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Sounds like I missed a corker.

Away form this season is bizarre considering we have the 3rd best home form in the league!

Usually your so kind enough to do a commentary but tonight I'll do one for you.

20:00 Kick off

20.50 HT

21:02 2nd Half

21:35 Waghorn tries to pass to Whittaker in the final third!!!

21:52 Full time

Man Of The Match - Max Lowe

5 minutes ago, goldstar said:

I'm not stressed mate. I just cant understand fans like you that will grasp at straws to stay positive. Call a spade a spade. That was woeful. 

First time I’ve ever been called positive. 

Just don’t see the point in screaming about like the sky is falling in from a game like that. Play like that against Luton? Then yeah, have at it. 

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Chill out ? Alternatively, try opening your eyes !!!

What style of football do we do well against ?

Archived