Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Just gotta think about the timing of this

We have no depth at all, no wingers or not, letting a fringe player leave with no incoming, worrying really

Welcome to Derby County.

Sending Chris Martin out on loan and replacing with Ikechi Anya and Chris Weale should tell you everything about us as a football club when it comes to transfer windows.

Weird one this from a purely on the pitch angle.

I would have thought it would have been more beneficial to hang on to him for the rest of the season as an impact player, especially given the fact that we are so poor on the wings and he offers a directness and aggression that our other players don't possess. 

I could understand it if he was making way for a better replacement, I'm guessing their could still be issues from Joinersgate, which begs the question what's the deal with Lawrence?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Welcome to Derby County.

Sending Chris Martin out on loan and replacing with Ikechi Anya and Chris Weale should tell you everything about us as a football club when it comes to transfer windows.

Was genuinely excited that January that the mac could coax him back 

That decision cost us promotion 

Does this from Cocu suggest Bennett has extended his contract: 

“I like to think of the development of the player and the future of the player.

"He is a player from the Academy and maybe later will look back and say these few months (at Millwall) they were decisive and he came back and got a start in the first 11 at Derby County.

"It is a decision you have to make, sometimes, and I think it is the best option for him at the moment to play games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-mason-bennett-millwall-3795056

4 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

"He is a player from the Academy and maybe later will look back and say these few months (at Millwall) they were decisive and he came back and got a start in the first 11 at Derby County.

"It is a decision you have to make, sometimes, and I think it is the best option for him at the moment to play games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-mason-bennett-millwall-3795056

Oh god I hope not

Imagine if we had been in the play offs and gone and got a “striker” with 1 goal every other time Haley’s comet comes around from a struggling lower league team who couldn’t actually get anywhere near that team....their forum would be blown up....

good riddance to him, I hope he never comes anywhere near the club again.  He is a rubbish footballer and (along with the other 2 ricks) has ruined this season Before It even had chance to start. 

When you read the absolute poo some fans are posting on Twitter and Instagram tonight you can't blame the guy for going. How the duck he's been putting up with this stuff since November I don't know.

I wish him well and hope he can make a fresh start.

2 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

I suspect it means he's got a few months, and hopefully a regular run of games that he wouldn't get here, to prove he can do a job for us and deserves a new contract. 

Archived