v Charlton Athletic (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank ducking duck. Just spent the last 15 minutes chain smoking and pacing squares on the sun roof like a man possessed. Couldn't watch it. Was bouncing off the walls. Can't remember wanting us to win a game so badly in years, even play-off matches. Can't explain why. Absolutely huge performance from the lads. Begs a few questions tbh but that can wait. NYE starts now as far as I'm concerned and it's gonna get messy!

GF still laughing at me for getting so up tight. Won't be laughing later love, you're getting the full 3 minutes and 27 seconds tonight. 

COME ON YOU DUCKING RAMS!!!!! 

No Tom Lawrence and all of a sudden we had energy and team spirit. Sure that's a coincidence. 

I don't wish to take too much credit away from Holmes, Knight, Bird, Lowe, Wisdom et al but since starting the match threads we have gone on an unbeaten run.

My luck is obviously in so I'll put up the Barnsley one in a bit. 

And nobody likes a smug git or an aftertimer where bets are concerned but.....

.....my free £5 bet from Skybet - as a thank you for losing enough last week - was placed on Jason Knight to score a brace or more at 100/1.

Touch me if you like ?

So proud of the team tonight - really impressed with that character & also with the quality shown. I can't remember the last time we talked about a great Derby midfield performance but there was certainly one tonight.

Quite apart from his two excellent goals, Jason Knight was superb - calm, measured, worked so hard - think we've just seen the start of a very special career. Holmes - wow, unbelievable amount of work he got through tonight - was everywhere & gave the team so much impetus going forward. And I was also very impressed with Max Bird - calm in possession, good set pieces, consistently picked out the right passes & always made himself available for a pass - fantastic composure to assist for the second also.

Everyone contributed tonight though - Wisdom & Clarke coming back were a massive improvement, Lowe was superb at LB, Hamer had a sensational last 15 mins (after having not much to do before that), Waghorn & Davies worked hard & imposed themselves physically and Marriott looked menacing.

The only sour note - Bielik. Its now two successive games that his rashness in the tackle has meant he's had to leave a game early. He was lucky at Wigan not to go after being booked & tonight's tackle was just ridiculous. Their showpony was nowhere near goal, we had plenty of cover - it was just needless. He needs to buck his ideas up & fast.

4 hours ago, jono said:

This is a talismanic post .. it will happen. ?? .. yes two rams, you’re right so a win by two clear goals 

I’m going through my old turnstyle, lucky scarf, voodoo doll of their goalie .. now where’s that rabbit paw ?

You misunderstood the 2 rams - two goals not clear goals! Same routine for you Thursday!?

Archived