v Charlton Athletic (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

You complained that we couldn't beat a "poor" Reading side, away, with 10 men and that despite playing well it didn't matter because the important fact was that we still lost.

So tonight we beat a "poor" Charlton side at home with 10 men and played well and that's not good enough for you either? OK.

I imagine the fact people are ‘biting’ is making his night!  Trolls gonna troll.

I enjoyed that tonight and thought they have shown that with some fight and togetherness they can compete and win games. A special mention for Knight, Bird and Lowe, who have all shown that they have the ability to play in this league and hopefully push on and improve further. I also think Holmes had his best game in a Derby shirt.

Heroes out there tonight, thats all we want.

Not seen so much desire and work rate from a Derby team in a long time, all backed up by quality mind.

All the academy lads were excellent, Lowe gave nothing away down the right and was quality ball.

Bird looked the cultured midfielder he does for the academy, in his previous starts hes always wanted to long on the ball but looked right on pace tonight.

Knight was just fantastic.

Rest of the lads were excellent too, very important we carry this on!

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Agree here. Incredible team performance tonight.

Energy and desire from the get go and even more so with ten men.

Holmes for me the MOTM, best game in a Derby shirt but 8’s across the board would be fair tonight with some 9’s (Holmes, Clarke, Knight, Lowe, Wisdom) in there. (Bielik excluded).

In a funny kind of way, the game reminded me a little of the day we beat Blackburn with ten men when Jonathon Hunt got the winner, with Wanchope having the early shower.

Be bold Cocu against Barnsley - Rooney in for Bielik, go for it!

I’m pretty sure that was Middlesbrough with wanchope getting sent off for swinging a punch at Andy Townsend after Townsend had two footed tackled him in the chest whilst he was lying on the floor.

Maybe be @RedSmog could help us clarify if he’s still here????????????????????

Couldn’t get home quick enough tonight to post how proud I was of the team tonight.  They all knew the importance of a win and so did Cocu.  So pleased when Bielik went he didn’t panic.

we actually looked like we had a midfield tonight. 
was that really a straight red? Looked to me like a 1 footed challenge with his foot close to the turf.  The no. 11 looking like a goldfish out of water flapping around ( doing his hair at the same time) probably didn’t help.
Penalty looked soft to me will have to see it again but the way he has been flinging himself around was embarrassing so I don’t know.

Didn’t miss Bogle with his “eye infection “ as Wisdom was solid. Didn’t miss Laurence either did we?

Most proud of knight and Bird. Well done?????

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Be happy with it - what do you care what I think about the way we played mate.

Hope new year brings you some joy, although I really doubt it.

May be if Derby County goes out of existence and all memories are deleted you might eventually find some joy and happiness.

Pathetic to the highest order, a complete Richard.

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

I imagine the fact people are ‘biting’ is making his night!  Trolls gonna troll.

Well I ain't gonna bite , I'm proud of the lads , our youngsters were immense   , Holmes a Maestro , Knight, Bird .......cant wait to get Rooney amongst them to guide and develop in the match environment.  The future is bright, the future is Orange ...........cocu found his team 

Just now, Rosythram said:

Hope new year brings you some joy, although I really doubt it.

May be if Derby County goes out of existence and all memories are deleted you might eventually find some joy and happiness.

Pathetic to the highest order, a complete Richard.

Dear me there's some sad posters on here aren't you Rosy. Enjoy it while you can.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I’m pretty sure that was Middlesbrough with wanchope getting sent off for swinging a punch at Andy Townsend after Townsend had two footed tackled him in the chest whilst he was lying on the floor.

Maybe be @RedSmog could help us clarify if he’s still here????????????????????

I think you’re right actually....

Archived