v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I went today, scoreline is what it is but does not tell the whole story we played well down to 10 men and created lots of good chances, hit the woodwork twice. Really not as bad as it seems and a lot better than the ref performance, he was awful. It wasnt even a dirty game. The fact that we ended up with 7 yellows and 1 red shows he did not control the game. It did give the teamsheet on the mainscreen a bit of a festive look with all the yellow and red displayed against the players name.

The LB position, Cocu seems to change between Malone and Lowe every other game which seems to suggest that he's not convinced by either of them. Forsyth can play there and with Wisdom back Davies could have somebody next to him with a bit of pace. After all his injuries  i was pleased to see Forsyth playing again and was my MOTM on his return but looking at the past 3 games i was wondering if he should revert to his prefered position at LB. Against Sheffield Wednesday, misplaced pass led directly to the goal. Milwall he got beat 1v1 for their goal, today misplaced pass led to second goal and gave away the pen for the third.  I, like most Rams fans have lot of time for Forsyth but with our lack of goals and precarious position we cant afford costly mistakes and really need to tighten up at the back.

Knight MOTM today, he was everywhere, demanded the ball, drove forward and on another day could have had a contender for goal of the season.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that ref flipped a coin on our fouls today to decide if they were a booking. 17 fouls and 8 yellow and red cards? I don't care if it's top level officials or Sunday league, that is an embarrassment to referees. You're telling me half of the fouls we committed were cynical to warrant a booking? I've seen local derbies where there's 40-50 fouls and there's easily less than 8 cards for both sides  

I'm not a nasty person by all means, this guy shouldn't referee a championship game in a very long time. 

10 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Loved Cocu's interview on RamsTV. Who says he has no passion. 

I suspect after 5 away losses in a row,most of them by 3 goals to nil plus home losses whilst his club slips ever down the division towards the relegation zone may well have got his synapses snapping into life with the horror of it all.

If you can't get passionate after that,there's something wrong with you.

The blokes fighting for his reputation and career.

Despite the loss I enjoyed today's game, expected to be leaving at half time because we were poo but stayed until the end as they gave it their all.

Those abusing Malone are within their right to do so, however for me their were mistakes that led up to the player being through on goal that were as guilty as him. Not going to quote individuals, but comments like not bothered if he wears the shirt again are ridiculous, would rather you didn't support the team to be honest....please don't get upset ?

The officials in this league are proper boring 

Complete nonsense red card. Penalty yes but it is a tangle of legs and the player has already dribbled straight into Hamer. Not even close to being a red card. Shows what a nonsense the “rules” are when you can send Malone off for that but Forsyths is only a yellow. Complete hypothetical but I think we win that game with 11 men. In our position you really need the luck but currently we are just not getting any. 

That isn’t to defend Malone by the way. He is a complete wally. I worry slightly where we are heading but I would still be 100% against getting rid of Cocu. He has to deal with some of the thickest players football has ever seen.

Firstly Cocu has to move Forsyth back as left back and put Wisdom in or Clarke if he's ready to play vs Wigan.

Secondly we have to get Holmes out. He tries his best but isn't good enough and loses the ball all to often.

Instead get Bird or Siebly in together with Knight and Bielik and Lawrence.

Thirdly we need Martin in together with Marriott as I think he's better than Waghorn right now.

Gamer is doing ok.

So the team vs Wigan should be:

Hamer

Boogle Wisdom Davies Forsyth(Lowe)

Bielik

Knight                    Bird(Siebly)

Lawrence

Martin           Marriott

I was at the game and I think I must’ve been at a different match to most of the posters on here. 

We played better today but I don’t think we played well. We were still poor. If that was a good performance then standards really have dropped. I think we made Reading look like a good side. Charlie Adam ran the show.

Cocu takes off the only striker we have that can hold the ball up for a defender. I get that we were down to 10 but it was negative I’d rather he’d taken Waghorn off if he was going to take a forward off.

Knight was the only positive for me (Sibley wasn’t on long enough to comment really). He had a good game. He was unlucky with the shot that hit the bar.

3 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Loved Cocu's interview on RamsTV. Who says he has no passion. 

I think finally the true severity of the situation is dawning on him, 5 consecutive away league defeats without scoring, 6 after today's game, plummeting down the league table, professional reputation on the line. 

Long time coming. 

4 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

I was at the game and I think I must’ve been at a different match to most of the posters on here. 

We played better today but I don’t think we played well. We were still poor. If that was a good performance then standards really have dropped. I think we made Reading look like a good side. Charlie Adam ran the show.

Cocu takes off the only striker we have that can hold the ball up for a defender. I get that we were down to 10 but it was negative I’d rather he’d taken Waghorn off if he was going to take a forward off.

Knight was the only positive for me (Sibley wasn’t on long enough to comment really). He had a good game. He was unlucky with the shot that hit the bar.

Thanks for your report.

i wasn’t at the game so can’t comment with any authority but it sounded to me like Reading could and should have had two or three more.

It may well be that we played more good football than of late but that’s not the same as playing well.

We remain a team that lacks concentration at crucial times.

I am delighted that Knight played well. He could benefit from playing with Rooney.

We need to replace our entire back five somehow.

Defeats like yesterday should be a wake up call about the possibility of relegation. 

I hope Cocu gets the funds and time to turn it around.

34 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Thanks for your report.

i wasn’t at the game so can’t comment with any authority but it sounded to me like Reading could and should have had two or three more.

It may well be that we played more good football than of late but that’s not the same as playing well.

We remain a team that lacks concentration at crucial times.

I am delighted that Knight played well. He could benefit from playing with Rooney.

We need to replace our entire back five somehow.

Defeats like yesterday should be a wake up call about the possibility of relegation. 

I hope Cocu gets the funds and time to turn it around.

If you think Reading should have had two or three more you could say the same about us. I think we need to concentrate on what happened rather than what could have happened.

The game was lost after 5 minutes. Malones sending off and a goal down then hitting the post. I think the first two were avoidable the last was bad luck.

The other two goals were served up on a silver platter too.

9 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

In a league of two 

the eredevise is a slightly more glam Scotland with schexier accents and nicer weather 

Ajax and psv are infinitely bigger clubs than their counterparts over there, there’s the occasional twente or feyanoord Landing a hand on a bit of silverware but it’s those two that dominate with infinitely bigger resources than the rest 

As I've said before, 5 teams have won the Eredivise in the past 10 years (Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, AZ and Twente). PSV are not a significantly bigger club than Feyenoord either.

As Ajax's performances in CL demonstrate, the quality is high also. Cocu's achievements in winning 3 titles shouldnt be underestimated especially as PSV were a bit of a state when he arrived.

7 hours ago, nottingram said:

The officials in this league are proper boring 

Complete nonsense red card. Penalty yes but it is a tangle of legs and the player has already dribbled straight into Hamer. Not even close to being a red card. Shows what a nonsense the “rules” are when you can send Malone off for that but Forsyths is only a yellow. Complete hypothetical but I think we win that game with 11 men. In our position you really need the luck but currently we are just not getting any. 

That isn’t to defend Malone by the way. He is a complete wally. I worry slightly where we are heading but I would still be 100% against getting rid of Cocu. He has to deal with some of the thickest players football has ever seen.

I am one to criticse refs but dont agree....

Malone....wasnt nonsense or a tangle of legs.....was a deliberate shove in the back, not attempt to win the ball.

Forsythe was accidental as he tried to win the ball.

1 hour ago, Van Gritters said:

If you think Reading should have had two or three more you could say the same about us. I think we need to concentrate on what happened rather than what could have happened.

The game was lost after 5 minutes. Malones sending off and a goal down then hitting the post. I think the first two were avoidable the last was bad luck.

The other two goals were served up on a silver platter too.

I agree. I also think the decision not to award a penalty just beore half-time was a pivotal moment. Having watched the highlights it seems clear that there should have been three penalties in the game. Reading were awarded their two. 

Archived