v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Well Malone won't be starting, that's for sure. Lowe looked good.

See that’s the thing ... 

lowe has looked just better than Malone most of the season 

sometimes by a lot sometimes by just small margin 

yet cocu chops and changes them week to week 

literally makes no sense whatsoever ever 

even more so when u consider no matter how utter dog tripe Lawrence plays he still gets picked 

how bad does Lawrence have to play to get dropped ??

genuine question Cos he’s been shocking this season absolutely shocking even by his own inconsistent standards 

I'm 69, never was any good at football, and out of condition. I am however, available, prepared to sign a contract and go out on to a pitch for 90 minutes and do little or nothing to help my team lose valiantly. I will also agree with my manager that we played the best we could.

Do I pass the audition or whatever you need to do to play in the Rams' first team?

Probably not but lately it makes me wonder!

15 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I just think when we had him on loan he was a bull of a FB and I could easily see him at CB the problem is now he looks a shadow of that player.

And there in lies the problem 

so many of them do 

at what point does line get drawn over if it’s the player or the manger ? 

5 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

You can’t blame Cocu on that front he’s looked poor since we signed him permanently.

Oh I’m not 

he’s just been a terrible signing 

A one season wonder who did well under a manager who knows this division, how to get out of it and to get the best out of his players 

?(I know I’m being mischievous there lol) ?

in all seriousness though he’s been a truly shocking and  expensive signing 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh I’m not 

he’s just been a terrible signing 

A one season wonder who did well under a manager who knows this division, how to get out of it and to get the best out of his players 

?(I know I’m being mischievous there lol) ?

in all seriousness though he’s been a truly shocking and  expensive signing 

He has but when we signed him most people were happy with it me included.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I agree with a lot of that angieram

I did not go today but I was listening radio I was willing lads to score we all stick togather yes painful but hopeful it will be sorted.

was at the game today , totally agree angieram , how we didnt get anything out of that game is beyond me , played so well for large parts of the game against the 12 men of Reading , to the manager and the players , keep it up boys , it will turn COYR

1 hour ago, BondJovi said:

I am going to take Cocu saying he may well look at players he has previously worked with as a sign that the recruitment team isn't trusted by him!

And a total contradiction to what he said when he came here saying he wanted players that knew this league. Not that I’m saying he is making it up as he goes along.

Just back, not read what's already been said, whatever,  my 3 peneth  cos I'm sure it's mainly negative and Cocu out... we wernt as bad as the scoreline suggests, so folk who weren't there saying Cocu out, stfu. It was a terrible start, I'm sure u know about it, which set us a task, and in truth we played ok, and should have scored, more than one, the woodwork is close, but no cigar. It was another case of poor defending and finishing I'm sad to report, but the inbetween bits we were better. The truth is that injuries have ravaged the side, people playing out of position, or coming back from them so not quite on it etc. I dont want to criticize players like Lawrence, or Malone, even tho I could, others can do that, I do want to say that none of what the scoreline suggests was truly all down to Cocu if u look at all the facts. I cant wait for the Jan sales and hope we get some additions cos we need them, and not just stop gaps or loans, proper signings that give Cocu something to build on with Bielik etc. 

Happy Xmas guys and gals, best wishes to all in 2020.

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I stopped reading when u said Malone might be better defensively 

Its called desire and hunger 

how many times have we switched off this season 

Malones cat napping on the pitch is not an isolated incident 

it’s the norm for us 

where does that buck stop ? 

Notts I'm not a massive fan of Malone don't get me wrong but lets go back a couple of games at PP he saved us a few times with last ditch defending and perhaps Cocu thought he might be better than Lowe today defensively as Lowe is not great either, i actually missed the game today for once (which was no fault of my own ...and its difficult not actually being at the game ) but skysports reporter said we played very well ?? The incident in the first few mins has ultimately changed the game and Malone does look like hes been caught out but it happens....I'm just saying starting Lowe instead doesn't necessarily give us a less prone to error  better defensive unit 

40 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

No moderation at the moment I see. All the Mods around at Daveo’s for a Christmas Party I guess. I wonder if he’s arranged taxis?

Top and tailing, with a Mel sized space left free in the middle.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

It also stops Lowe getting a run of games and any consistency. 

Away we have been gutless and if we concede first its game over....I'm going to back Cocu here and say I'd have started with Malone away ...he has had good performances too like WBA away ( last season i know ) no one is going to convince me that Lowe is a better defender than Malone at this stage....neither are great but malone has experience it looked a fairly solid ish back 4 that started but lets be honest....none of the back 4 are great

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well, that was predictable. Get the clown gone. 3-0 to bloody reading ffs. It’s just not acceptable. 

you're going to get the same responses as your last rant.....he needs to bring players in blah blah nothing will change much until we get better players in  ....you can't polish a turd 

Why is he a clown?? his line up looked good today and we played much better according to a lot of fans ( i didn't go today for once and hated missing the game ) but give him a chance ....judge him this time next season if its still poor then fair enough you can say " I told you so"

Archived