v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

As I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you wouldn't be bothered to see him in a Derby shirt again because of a mistake he made playing for the club. Maybe you think he did it on purpose, maybe we need a new scapegoat, who knows, who cares.

I just would rather fans that aren't going to back a player not support the team, all of them at the moment imo are under performing, makes me a little sad when one individual that is trying, as they all are, comes in for so much criticism.

Each to their own though, doesn't impact me and feel free to carry on, won't stop me commenting though if you are going to post these views on a forum ?

Tbf if you were to ask me who would have committed a foul like that my money would have been on Malone. Also the frustration you feel at the time knowing that  that action has cost us the game then driving back for 2 and a half hours mulling things over thinking what could have been. I genuinely feel Malones sending off was the game decider.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Tbf if you were to ask me who would have committed a foul like that my money would have been on Malone. Also the frustration you feel at the time knowing that  that action has cost us the game then driving back for 2 and a half hours mulling things over thinking what could have been. I genuinely feel Malones sending off was the game decider.

The amount of defensive blunders that have cost us games this season is stunning. Often you can say yeah we could have defended that better but credit to the opposition for their attacking ability.

All we’ve done this season is hand the opposition goals on a silver platter without them really having to work for it!

3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

As I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you wouldn't be bothered to see him in a Derby shirt again because of a mistake he made playing for the club. Maybe you think he did it on purpose, maybe we need a new scapegoat, who knows, who cares.

I just would rather fans that aren't going to back a player not support the team, all of them at the moment imo are under performing, makes me a little sad when one individual that is trying, as they all are, comes in for so much criticism.

Each to their own though, doesn't impact me and feel free to carry on, won't stop me commenting though if you are going to post these views on a forum ?

Personally I would quite like to never have to see him in a Derby shirt again because he thinks getting so drunk that he falls asleep in the pub 3 days before a game is acceptable behaviour for a professional footballer in the modern world. Perhaps if he didn’t do things like this then he might have been fit enough to catch readings player without having to push him in the back. I guess we will never know.

as for his football ability, he does something’s well and some things badly and is just a bit meh for me. 

3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

He also decided it would be a good idea to get blackout drunk a couple of months into the season. His poor performances just add to the reason I don't want him here.

It isn't one individual either - every single player gets rightfully criticised on here when they are playing poorly. Knight played well and received virtually universal praise on here yesterday. Malone related posts just happen to be more frequent the last few couple of days, because unless you didn't notice he decided to get himself sent off and lose the game for us before it even started - he didn't even attempt to play the ball - just decided he wanted an early Christmas.

I do have some advice for you however. If you only want to see posts that agree with your own opinion you can block everyone you don't like and live in a beautiful echo chamber where everybody agrees with you. I wouldn't go to matches either if I were you if you can't handle a bit of criticism.

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He also decided it would be a good idea to get blackout drunk a couple of months into the season. 

Evidence?

11 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He also decided it would be a good idea to get blackout drunk a couple of months into the season. His poor performances just add to the reason I don't want him here.

It isn't one individual either - every single player gets rightfully criticised on here when they are playing poorly. Knight played well and received virtually universal praise on here yesterday. Malone related posts just happen to be more frequent the last few couple of days, because unless you didn't notice he decided to get himself sent off and lose the game for us before it even started - he didn't even attempt to play the ball - just decided he wanted an early Christmas.

I do have some advice for you however. If you only want to see posts that agree with your own opinion you can block everyone you don't like and live in a beautiful echo chamber where everybody agrees with you. I wouldn't go to matches either if I were you if you can't handle a bit of criticism.

Not sure where you have got that I said he didn't deserve to be criticised? Not sure where you have seen me say that I don't agree with any opinions ? I just voiced my own, which is something you don't agree with, not got a problem with that, I'm not sure what the difference is though ?

Thanks for the advice though ?

19 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Personally I would quite like to never have to see him in a Derby shirt again because he thinks getting so drunk that he falls asleep in the pub 3 days before a game is acceptable behaviour for a professional footballer in the modern world. Perhaps if he didn’t do things like this then he might have been fit enough to catch readings player without having to push him in the back. I guess we will never know.

as for his football ability, he does something’s well and some things badly and is just a bit meh for me. 

He wasn't on his own getting drunk though, not that i see a problem with that. 

As for yesterday, I haven't seen it back but for me the full backs seemed to be under instruction to push out wide when ever the centre backs had it, Davies misplaces a pass and then he is unable to recover and makes a stupid decision. As I said though, understand the criticism, not wanting to see him in a Derby shirt again is where I find it a bit bizarre.

Each to their own though ?

Just now, AdamRam said:

Not sure where you have got that I said he didn't deserve to be criticised? Not sure where you have seen me say that I don't agree with any opinions ? I just voiced my own, which is something you don't agree with, not got a problem with that, I'm not sure what the difference is though ?

Thanks for the advice though ?

You repeatedly say in response to people criticising Malone and other players performances you you don't want people who to do so to support the club. You are fine to state your opinions about players, the club, anything you want, but if you are going to start saying only people who think like you should support the club don't be surprised if people start having a pop at you.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Evidence?

Evidence for what? Are you picking fault with the blackout bit? I suppose its possible he was just in a very, very deep sleep when he got slapped in the face in the middle of that pub with the rest of the clowns. If the mods want to delete my post I suppose thats reasonable since it doesnt actually show him drinking anything in the incident.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

He wasn't on his own getting drunk though, not that i see a problem with that. 

As for yesterday, I haven't seen it back but for me the full backs seemed to be under instruction to push out wide when ever the centre backs had it, Davies misplaces a pass and then he is unable to recover and makes a stupid decision. As I said though, understand the criticism, not wanting to see him in a Derby shirt again is where I find it a bit bizarre.

Each to their own though ?

You don't see a problem with one of our players getting drunk a few days before a match? Alcohol doesn't stay in your system for just a short period - depending on how much you drink it can be days before its all out of your system. It affects his training and his match day performances. If he doesn't want to take his career seriously that is fine, but I'd rather he do it somewhere else.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:
8 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

You repeatedly say in response to people criticising Malone and other players performances you you don't want people who to do so to support the club. You are fine to state your opinions about players, the club, anything you want, but if you are going to start saying only people who think like you should support the club don't be surprised if people start having a pop at you.

Maybe read it again, I didn't say anything of the sort. I have and always will state that anyone supporting the club has a right to do so in any way they see fit. My posts if you read it, is around people not wanting to see him in a Derby shirt again, that's what I found and still do pathetic, surely you want what is best for the club and that is Malone or any other player, playing at a level that they are capable off.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

You don't see a problem with one of our players getting drunk a few days before a match? Alcohol doesn't stay in your system for just a short period - depending on how much you drink it can be days before its all out of your system. It affects his training and his match day performances. If he doesn't want to take his career seriously that is fine, but I'd rather he do it somewhere else.

I don't see it being a problem as it was sanctioned by the club. Do you want every player that was their that day out the club as well ?

16 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Evidence for what? Are you picking fault with the blackout bit? I suppose its possible he was just in a very, very deep sleep when he got slapped in the face in the middle of that pub with the rest of the clowns. If the mods want to delete my post I suppose thats reasonable since it doesnt actually show him drinking anything in the incident.

Yeah, but even if he was pissed so what. There is no proof hes out doing it all the time. We expect Footballers to live some sort of haloed existence, maybe he doesnt drink and had had a few and it hit him more than it does others.

Dare bet many of your favourite players have over indulged at some point, just because someone didnt take a picture its ok then?

17 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I saw Hendrick and Hughes out drinking a few days before a match once....thank god we got rid of them....bad eggs.

17 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Not going to quote individuals, but comments like not bothered if he wears the shirt again are ridiculous, would rather you didn't support the team to be honest....

26 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

people not wanting to see him in a Derby shirt again, that's what I found and still do pathetic, surely you want what is best for the club and that is Malone or any other player, playing at a level that they are capable off

I've said numerous times this season that I wouldn't be bothered if I never saw Malone in a Derby shirt again. It's not scape goating, it's because I want what is best for Derby. And for me Malone in the team isn't what is best for the club.

How many poor performances does a player have to put in before you can say that he isn't good enough? 

22 minutes ago, rynny said:

I've said numerous times this season that I wouldn't be bothered if I never saw Malone in a Derby shirt again. It's not scape goating, it's because I want what is best for Derby. And for me Malone in the team isn't what is best for the club.

How many poor performances does a player have to put in before you can say that he isn't good enough? 

The majority of the team have put in poor performances this year.

If it's not scapegoating then I presume their are numerous others that you put in that bracket given our season to date, which others wouldn't you be bothered about putting a shirt on again ?

42 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

The majority of the team have put in poor performances this year.

If it's not scapegoating then I presume their are numerous others that you put in that bracket given our season to date, which others wouldn't you be bothered about putting a shirt on again ?

My post in this thread. 

On 21/12/2019 at 16:38, rynny said:

Abso-bloody-lutely!! 

How many of the current team (not including the youth players that have stepped up over the last 18 months) would we want to keep to push for promotion? Maybe 3 players as squad players and 1 in the starting 11. 

Be easier to say who I would keep, Bogle, Bielik, Lowe and Martin. Maybe Shinnie, torn over Fozzy, love him but not the CB we need, if he could regain fitness and form from the start of last season then keep as back up LB. The rest meh, wouldn't really be bothered, and definitely wouldn't be upset if they left. Obviously that doesn't include the youth players breaking through. 

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Ask Lawrence, he’s an authority on still playing after bad performances.

After the incident, he had a few good games in a row, and I thought the penny had dropped.

Since then nothing.

I appreciate off field events may have come back to bother him since, but that's not helping Derby County, and at the end of the day that's all I care about.

Tough game football, and right now he's not up to scratch, harsh as that may sound.

Archived