v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, 1967Ram said:

I agree. I also think the decision not to award a penalty just beore half-time was a pivotal moment. Having watched the highlights it seems clear that there should have been three penalties in the game. Reading were awarded their two. 

Agree, however their two were far more obvious. If we had VAR, Derby would have got theirs.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Not sure if debated already, but both peno’s are sending off’s or neither are.

Discuss.

Ermm...no they arent.

9 hours ago, JfR said:

Malone's was a sending off because he did not attempt to play the ball when making the foul, he just pushed the lad over
Forsyth's wasn't because there was a genuine attempt to play the ball, albeit a very poor one

Have “professional foul” last man and your off rule been adjusted then?

(Genuine question for my education)

Just now, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Have “professional foul” last man and your off rule been adjusted then?

(Genuine question for my education)

Yep they have.

Only a red if deliberate now.

15 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Holmes actually walked back in the 90th minute after losing the ball... words fail me when players do that. 

Think thats our 4th 0-3 away loss this season. Im not for swapping managers wilie nilly but he needs a damn good window and a miles miles better Jan - May for me. 

I only listened to Radio Derby so cant argue convincingly,  but maybe he was running on empty .. Holmes is a worker, doesn’t give up. I’d bet he burns more calories and has more grit than most players do in 90 minutes. You’re right we need some recruits but singling out one player in a team of 10 men who by all accounts worked hard in adversity isn’t constructive 

I have a fear,that as fans and a club,we are sleepwalking into relegation,blinded by the king's new clothes.

I am really struggling to see how cocu is going to turn this around..the players confidence in him must be pretty low.

Every change and decision he takes,makes no difference to the results.

We keep seeing little blips of increased performance/energy every few matches but it rather reminds me of a goldfish in its death throes which we are mistaking for some sort of recovery.

Rooney and any new players that come in January will have their work cut out to make enough of an impact to save us from the drop with the time available.

I support cocu but I am extremely concerned as to our immediate future under him.

Considered thoughts 

Hamer - has he actually saved any shots ? I know Roos used to 

Bogle - ok

davies - functional

forsyth - he is emergency cover which is not his fault 

malone - muppet sell him 

Belick - another who is never fully fit

holmes - sorry just not a central midfielder and a liability at that position 

knight - best game in a Rams shirt 

Lawrence - has one chance a game which generally doesn’t go in and contributes nothing else

waghorn - always has our best chance but seldom scores it 

Martin - should be fit for the next game

subs -lowe - obviously better than malone

sibley - got on the pitch 

Marriott- I would have put him on after 10 mins 

cocu - he keeps trusting players like malone and Lawrence eventually he will learn.

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

I agree. I also think the decision not to award a penalty just beore half-time was a pivotal moment. Having watched the highlights it seems clear that there should have been three penalties in the game. Reading were awarded their two. 

The Jason knight penalty claim in the first half looks absolutely nailed on 100% penalty - nothing to debate?

the Jason knight penalty claim in the second half looked a dive.

i’d like To see the Marriott penalty claim again but it didn’t make the highlights reel.

this could have been 3-3 but nothing went our way. 

Just checking the current rules on penalties and sending offs 

a team has a corner and it’s crossed into the penalty box an attacking player is slightly touched/ pushed - a penalty should be awarded and the defensive player should be sent off for not trying to play the ball - is this correct ?

9 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Despite the loss I enjoyed today's game, expected to be leaving at half time because we were poo but stayed until the end as they gave it their all.

Those abusing Malone are within their right to do so, however for me their were mistakes that led up to the player being through on goal that were as guilty as him. Not going to quote individuals, but comments like not bothered if he wears the shirt again are ridiculous, would rather you didn't support the team to be honest....please don't get upset ?

Ok. I'm going to stop following Derby because Adam Ram thinks I make ridiculous comments?

The words pot, kettle and black do spring to mind, to be honest. ?

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

It was difficult to see from where I was. I just saw Knight go up in the air then down. We didn’t get any decisions is that what happens when you are down on your luck?

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Fair enough - I was referring to appearances as a whole as to me it seems as if he picks the ball out of the net more than he is applauded for a good save

I thought he had a decent game yesterday.  Still not as good on distribution as Roos but getting better with game time and was alert to their runs. Think he would have smothered the ball before the first penalty if Malone hadn't intervened.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I thought he had a decent game yesterday.  Still not as good on distribution as Roos but getting better with game time and was alert to their runs. Think he would have smothered the ball before the first penalty if Malone hadn't intervened.

He certainly looked like he would ! - I thought their forward blew the chance 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Ok. I'm going to stop following Derby because Adam Ram thinks I make ridiculous comments?

The words pot, kettle and black do spring to mind, to be honest. ?

As I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you wouldn't be bothered to see him in a Derby shirt again because of a mistake he made playing for the club. Maybe you think he did it on purpose, maybe we need a new scapegoat, who knows, who cares.

I just would rather fans that aren't going to back a player not support the team, all of them at the moment imo are under performing, makes me a little sad when one individual that is trying, as they all are, comes in for so much criticism.

Each to their own though, doesn't impact me and feel free to carry on, won't stop me commenting though if you are going to post these views on a forum ?

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

The Jason knight penalty claim in the first half looks absolutely nailed on 100% penalty - nothing to debate?

the Jason knight penalty claim in the second half looked a dive.

i’d like To see the Marriott penalty claim again but it didn’t make the highlights reel.

this could have been 3-3 but nothing went our way. 

If we had taken our chances in the first half and converted the penalty we should have had we could have gone in 3-1 up or maybe 4. Reading did not create a shot on target from open play until the second half. There were positives to take from yesterday that haven’t been seen in many away games this season. Inevitably we tired in the second half, but the scoreline yesterday does not reflect the performance imho.  

Archived