v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

you're going to get the same responses as your last rant.....he needs to bring players in blah blah nothing will change much until we get better players in  ....you can't polish a turd 

Why is he a clown?? his line up looked good today and we played much better according to a lot of fans ( i didn't go today for once and hated missing the game ) but give him a chance ....judge him this time next season if its still poor then fair enough you can say " I told you so"

The players aren’t great, but it’s hardly a turd. This side isn’t top 6 quality, but it isn’t bottom six. And as you can see from previous responses to my posts, some of the Cocu In brigade also don’t believe we need many transfers either. See why I get into rants?

Team did seem to play well, but we still lost 3-0. We don’t seem to have any confidence or belief. Surely the manager has to take some blame for that? And putting malone in the lineup was just ridiculous really. How much time can we give him? We’re heading towards relegation at the moment, we can’t be accepting that. And what’s the point in giving a manager time if he’s not the right man for the job? It’s my belief that he isn’t. I’m sure some will say he is, but I just don’t see it.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

He has but when we signed him most people were happy with it me included.

Myself included 

but were only jo public it’s not our job to  scout, watch, re watch, seek professional opinions, watch again and do all sorts of due diligence on tom Lawrence or any other player 

as general public and supporters its our job to get over excited from YouTube clips 

someone or people at Derby are getting paid a lot of money to do this 

not unless In there defence say they scouted Lawrence, recommended him as an exciting young forward that’s plays best centrally but then when comes to Derby gets shoved out wide 

that one would be on coaching team past or present

the scouting team don’t have any say where said targets are then played for us 

it’s all info we’ll never know 

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

of course you're right Roy and perhaps we should all bow to your superior opinion...albeit a moany negative one ....

Fair does. But why should I agree with your opinion on Malone's defensive prowess when that isn't what he was bought in the club for nor what he's known for or what he's good at?

ok question to all of the Cocu out brigade....name your team for the next game ....if its the same as your opinion of who should play yet doesnt play well is it the manager ????? again???

The team sheet for today for me looked as good as we could possibly put out except for me i would've started Sibley for Holmes but thats my only change .....its very unbalanced our squad......not Cocu's doing...blame Lampard who shouldve resigned a lot earlier giving us time to reshape our squad  but instead hedged his bets in case it didn't happen at Chelsea....

3 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Disagree with that. I think Lowe is better both defensively and going forward than Malone. 

My view was largely based on his time at Fulham in an attacking team. 6 goals, 3 assists and being part of a team who collectively scored 86 goals. I'm also remembering the assist he got for Marriott at home to Sheffield Utd last and his performances against WBA and Leeds.

His career stats aren't great (15 goals - pretty good, 14 assists - below par) but they're not the worst either. Better than some. He's been appaliing this season but he has productivity and direct contribution to goals in his locker when on form.

Lowe is a better player, more comfortable on the ball but he hasn't shown an ability to provide a killer ball yet. Maybe in time he will start racking up the assists and goals,  but at present he simply doesn't have any hard numbers to back up his attacking abilities, so whether you like him or not, Malone is proven to be more of an attacking threat.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Fair does. But why should I agree with your opinion on Malone's defensive prowess when that isn't what he was bought in the club for nor what he's known for or what he's good at?

Not asking you to agree with my opinion Roy but your response makes it look like your view is better than mine and its just your opinion like mine is my opinion .....Malone is an experienced LB and has beleive it or not played at prem level ( hard to beleive i know ) If Cocu thought that he might be the better option today away where we've been gutless then i would've agreed....I'm not going to go with hindsight and blame the defeat on one player...the fact is an experienced player at championship level has got caught early doors napping and then ( harshly looking at the highlights ) got sent off...You can't account for that sometimes...we played well today by all accounts but you can't blame it all on the manager....to me the team looked ok that started....Lowe is a good young player but gets caught out as well but played well today by all accounts so fair play but with ten men we played better and with a few additions in key areas we will improve 

38 minutes ago, nfb said:

Just back, not read what's already been said, whatever,  my 3 peneth  cos I'm sure it's mainly negative and Cocu out... we wernt as bad as the scoreline suggests, so folk who weren't there saying Cocu out, stfu. It was a terrible start, I'm sure u know about it, which set us a task, and in truth we played ok, and should have scored, more than one, the woodwork is close, but no cigar. It was another case of poor defending and finishing I'm sad to report, but the inbetween bits we were better. The truth is that injuries have ravaged the side, people playing out of position, or coming back from them so not quite on it etc. I dont want to criticize players like Lawrence, or Malone, even tho I could, others can do that, I do want to say that none of what the scoreline suggests was truly all down to Cocu if u look at all the facts. I cant wait for the Jan sales and hope we get some additions cos we need them, and not just stop gaps or loans, proper signings that give Cocu something to build on with Bielik etc. 

Happy Xmas guys and gals, best wishes to all in 2020.

I don’t get this “we were not as bad as the score suggests “we must be we gave them all 3 goals.

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Not asking you to agree with my opinion Roy but your response makes it look like your view is better than mine and its just your opinion like mine is my opinion ...

Yeah alright. That's fair enough, but less of the personal jibes. I ain't miserable, I'm just fed up when Derby lose. 

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The players aren’t great, but it’s hardly a turd. This side isn’t top 6 quality, but it isn’t bottom six. And as you can see from previous responses to my posts, some of the Cocu In brigade also don’t believe we need many transfers either. See why I get into rants?

Team did seem to play well, but we still lost 3-0. We don’t seem to have any confidence or belief. Surely the manager has to take some blame for that? And putting malone in the lineup was just ridiculous really. How much time can we give him? We’re heading towards relegation at the moment, we can’t be accepting that. And what’s the point in giving a manager time if he’s not the right man for the job? It’s my belief that he isn’t. I’m sure some will say he is, but I just don’t see it.

Fair enough mate and you maybe right....time will tell...i just think it would be extremely harsh to sack a manager without giving him the tools to do the job....give him 2 windows and get a better scouting team in then we can review it...If you take away the options/ excuses and we are still not producing then there is nowhere for Cocu to go...but at this stage lets give him the chance to change where we are now and if this time next season there is no signs of improvement then fair enough....happy christmas anyway....its not all doom and gloom we have Wayne Rooney coming in and hopefully some exciting signings

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah alright. That's fair enough, but less of the personal jibes. I ain't miserable, I'm just fed up when Derby lose. 

ha ha fair enough Roy its obvious  that you care we all do

We all get frustrated and it ruins my weekend too....happy christmas anyway .....lets see what we look like at the end of the window

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

We all get frustrated and it ruins my weekend too....happy christmas anyway .....lets see what we look like at the end of the window

Happy Waynemas to you too, I mean Happy Christmas mate! Here's hoping for better things for the club. #COYR

21 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Fair enough mate and you maybe right....time will tell...i just think it would be extremely harsh to sack a manager without giving him the tools to do the job....give him 2 windows and get a better scouting team in then we can review it...If you take away the options/ excuses and we are still not producing then there is nowhere for Cocu to go...but at this stage lets give him the chance to change where we are now and if this time next season there is no signs of improvement then fair enough....happy christmas anyway....its not all doom and gloom we have Wayne Rooney coming in and hopefully some exciting signings

I agree if they’re showing the right sort of style, but I’m just not sure Cocus approach is right. He seems too defensive for me, and everything from PSV fans suggests so as well. With that the case, I can’t see the point in persisting myself. But we’ll see, I’m always happy to admit if I’m wrong, I just don’t think I am?

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Archived