v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, rynny said:

My post in this thread. 

Be easier to say who I would keep, Bogle, Bielik, Lowe and Martin. Maybe Shinnie, torn over Fozzy, love him but not the CB we need, if he could regain fitness and form from the start of last season then keep as back up LB. The rest meh, wouldn't really be bothered, and definitely wouldn't be upset if they left. Obviously that doesn't include the youth players breaking through. 

Are you not talking about a complete overhaul though rather than targeting Malone, which is what my post was about ? I couldn't argue that any of the players you want to get rid off and I'd include Martin in that, have performed this season and most struggle to fit into Cocus philosophy of the way he wanted to play.

That's not going to happen overnight though and for me the best outcome is that the players regain their confidence and form sooner rather than later. I wonder if Malone gets that extra bit of criticism because he is vying with a spot for Lowe and maybe people see this as blocking a youngsters route.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I wonder if Malone gets that extra bit of criticism because he is vying with a spot for Lowe and maybe people see this as blocking a youngsters route.

No it's because he's a poor excuse for a fullback and you could say is blocking Fozzy, but so what.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I wonder if Malone gets that extra bit of criticism because he is vying with a spot for Lowe and maybe people see this as blocking a youngsters route.

Malone gets more criticism because he has on multiple occasions told the fans to duck off, and is a bit of a poo footballer and doesn't seem like a nice bloke to boot. I can forgive a bad footballer with a good attitude. When he's poo and also acting a knob, I have no reason to want to see him play.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Malone gets more criticism because he has on multiple occasions told the fans to duck off, and is a bit of a poo footballer and doesn't seem like a nice bloke to boot. I can forgive a bad footballer with a good attitude. When he's poo and also acting a knob, I have no reason to want to see him play.

Based only on my encounter with him I would defend his attitude, my lad was a flag bearer last season, we were encouraged to wait for photos with players as they arrived. Out of all the players that were asked for a photo only Davies and Malone stopped, asked names, spent a minute chatting and took a decent photo, arm around the lad and genuine, seemed like a really nice bloke and has been my lads favourite player ever since just based on this...he is only young. Just thought it fair to point this out as Scott has had a hard time about his attitude towards fans, I would say it's more a case of you get what you give...?

1 hour ago, chewbacca said:

Based only on my encounter with him I would defend his attitude, my lad was a flag bearer last season, we were encouraged to wait for photos with players as they arrived. Out of all the players that were asked for a photo only Davies and Malone stopped, asked names, spent a minute chatting and took a decent photo, arm around the lad and genuine, seemed like a really nice bloke and has been my lads favourite player ever since just based on this...he is only young. Just thought it fair to point this out as Scott has had a hard time about his attitude towards fans, I would say it's more a case of you get what you give...?

Obviously that paints a very different picture of Malone, so maybe I'm being a touch unfair, I'm only judging him from what I've seen from him. But generally speaking, you don't endear yourself to supporters by telling them to duck off. Whether you are pissed off at fans moaning or not, if you act that way to fans you're going to get more stick. I remember Baird doing it too, and he was disliked for a long time until he managed to win the fans back around. 

As such, fans such as myself who don't ever get a real life interaction with players can only just based off what they see on the pitch, so whether they're lovely or not, if you lash out at fans you'll be hit with the bad attitude label, whether it's fair or not.

7 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Are you not talking about a complete overhaul though rather than targeting Malone, which is what my post was about ? I couldn't argue that any of the players you want to get rid off and I'd include Martin in that, have performed this season and most struggle to fit into Cocus philosophy of the way he wanted to play.

That's not going to happen overnight though and for me the best outcome is that the players regain their confidence and form sooner rather than later. I wonder if Malone gets that extra bit of criticism because he is vying with a spot for Lowe and maybe people see this as blocking a youngsters route.

Well, you asked me which other players I wouldn't be bothered if they never played for us again, so you can't then make out that we are not talking about your original point of singling Malone out, especially after a performance where most have had a decent game and Malone was out worst player and effectively cost us the game, needlessly getting sent off so early. 

So you agree that we need an overhaul, correct? And need to get better players in? But you don't like saying that individual players aren't good enough and singling them out after another terrible performance? When exactly can you say that they aren't good enough? 

I agree I want every player to play at their upper limit of their talent, and on match day I give whoever is on the pitch my full support. However if they have had another game where they have been poor sometimes you got to say enough is enough. I don't think that is fair that Lowe is being championed because he is from the academy, it is because he has played better than Malone all season. If Lowe had performed as bad as Malone this season I would say the same about him. 

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

Yep, the amount of clubs he’s been at within a short period speaks for itself, even though he played 22 times for Huddersfield in the prem the season before he joined us, Huddersfield were desperate to get rid of him just before the transfer deadline , that speaks volumes to me. To me, we panic bought him because Lowe’s form was iffy and we missed out on our first target- Joe Bryan

Late to the party but blame personal issues for that.

I feel we played well.

The scoreline did not do us justice.

Hamer was ok too. remember two of the goals were penalties.

Forsyth, Malone, Davies are 3 players in the backline we need to see replaced. I'd personally go with Wisdom & Lowe and bring in Big Bob Dickie.

Jason Knight was quality, cemented his place in the team, hopefully!

Waghorn and Lawrence are not very good, lol. Think we all knew that anyway.

Was also delighted to see Louie on the pitch, finally!!!

I take it the majority of you commenting Cocu out didn't see the game, there were plenty of positives to pick from that, you can say our standards have dropped if we're praising a 3-0 defeat but like I mentioned, the scoreline did not do us justice.

That defeat was down to one person, Malone. If he didn't concede a ridiculous penalty, the scoreline could of been completely different.

We came across a team with a very strong midfield 1 man down, it's not all doom and gloom.

But hey, I'm an optimist.... I can see why people are frustrated.

You only have to look at the stats to see we gave them a right good go.

We need goals and I hope to see someone like Sam Cosgrove join, aslong as we don't spend too much (unlikely)

Anyway whether you're Coc in or Coc out, we've got christmas to look forward to before the next match, so happy early christmas to you all ?

Up the rams!

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Late to the party but blame personal issues for that.

I feel we played well.

The scoreline did not do us justice.

Hamer was ok too. remember two of the goals were penalties.

Forsyth, Malone, Davies are 3 players in the backline we need to see replaced. I'd personally go with Wisdom & Lowe and bring in Big Bob Dickie.

Jason Knight was quality, cemented his place in the team, hopefully!

Waghorn and Lawrence are not very good, lol. Think we all knew that anyway.

Was also delighted to see Louie on the pitch, finally!!!

I take it the majority of you commenting Cocu out didn't see the game, there were plenty of positives to pick from that, you can say our standards have dropped if we're praising a 3-0 defeat but like I mentioned, the scoreline did not do us justice.

That defeat was down to one person, Malone. If he didn't concede a ridiculous penalty, the scoreline could of been completely different.

We came across a team with a very strong midfield 1 man down, it's not all doom and gloom.

But hey, I'm an optimist.... I can see why people are frustrated.

You only have to look at the stats to see we gave them a right good go.

We need goals and I hope to see someone like Sam Cosgrove join, aslong as we don't spend too much (unlikely)

Anyway whether you're Coc in or Coc out, we've got christmas to look forward to before the next match, so happy early christmas to you all ?

Up the rams!

Sorry - don't go with that summary at all. If you're not actually at the match, we all know there's only 2 ways of getting an accurate assessment of how the game went and that's either to listen to Dawes and Ramage on Radio Derby or follow the sage contributors to Twitter - nothing else matters.

16 minutes ago, Squid said:

I didn't see the 300 Spartans take on the Persians either but the result was they still got beaten, All because there was a grass in the midst called Ephialtes.

The Manager sends out his troops to do a job, The troops are trusted to do that job, Malone-Pen, Forsyth-pen, Waghorn with a great opportunity with a result of the knob in the middle not actually knownig what a penalty is when Knight was it? kicked up in the air.

On Saturday there was a multitude of factors as to why we lost, The 11 that was sent out to play, The mistakes that lead to 2 pens, Taking off Martin and not Waghorn, The burke in the middle, A very inefective Lawrence who stayed on the whole game and managed to pick up yet another booking.

By all acounts this was the 1st game for the ref in the middle in the Championship, Standard of refs in the game today have plumeted, The one we had had a huge effect on the game, Someone who wanted to make a name for himself, Well he sure did that alright, 7-8 bookings a sending off, 2 pens, 1 pen not given for us.

The dust has now settled, We have had time to reflect, Alot of sympathy has headed towards Cocu because of the above, Wigan away could be the catalyst, Lose and those knives that have been sharpened will have a target.

16 minutes ago, Squid said:

4 hours ago, rynny said:

Well, you asked me which other players I wouldn't be bothered if they never played for us again, so you can't then make out that we are not talking about your original point of singling Malone out, especially after a performance where most have had a decent game and Malone was out worst player and effectively cost us the game, needlessly getting sent off so early. 

So you agree that we need an overhaul, correct? And need to get better players in? But you don't like saying that individual players aren't good enough and singling them out after another terrible performance? When exactly can you say that they aren't good enough? 

I agree I want every player to play at their upper limit of their talent, and on match day I give whoever is on the pitch my full support. However if they have had another game where they have been poor sometimes you got to say enough is enough. I don't think that is fair that Lowe is being championed because he is from the academy, it is because he has played better than Malone all season. If Lowe had performed as bad as Malone this season I would say the same about him. 

We may be going around in circles here, my original post was around singling Malone out, especially as there are ones around him as bad or even worse. Some of the abuse he has been getting whilst playing games imo is out of order, but anyway as I said I'll leave that there as we appear to disagree on that....

As your second point, I get criticism, I be very hypocritical if I said I didn't do that, as above though.

For me our full backs are the only areas where we have adequate and capable players, think Bogle is a top player and both Lowe and Malone have had their good and bad games in a Derby shirt however on their game can more than hold their own in this division.

I do think that some posters do beleive that the academy players are going to be the answer to all out problems, that's why I asked the question about Lowe, I not saying that is the case but as above as Malone does seem to get more abuse (maybe Lawerence has more) than some of the others that are equally as bad. 

That can be for another day though as I have had my weekend of football, I enjoyed both the game and the atmosphere, not often I have been able to say that this season, but now back to reality and getting ready for Xmas.

Have a good un!

6 hours ago, AdamRam said:

We may be going around in circles here, my original post was around singling Malone out, especially as there are ones around him as bad or even worse. Some of the abuse he has been getting whilst playing games imo is out of order, but anyway as I said I'll leave that there as we appear to disagree on that....

Consider, Malone was an absolute idiot with his crazed shove in the back before Hamer could pick the ball up, and rightly got send off. For which he got pelters from the fans.

Fozzy made an attempt at a late tackle, only got booked and isn't seen in the same light as Malone for that mistake.

Looking at the two scenarios I cannot understand why you can't see that Malone being such an idiot is why he gets scapegoated.

On 23/12/2019 at 00:00, Andicis said:

Obviously that paints a very different picture of Malone, so maybe I'm being a touch unfair, I'm only judging him from what I've seen from him. But generally speaking, you don't endear yourself to supporters by telling them to duck off. Whether you are pissed off at fans moaning or not, if you act that way to fans you're going to get more stick. I remember Baird doing it too, and he was disliked for a long time until he managed to win the fans back around. 

As such, fans such as myself who don't ever get a real life interaction with players can only just based off what they see on the pitch, so whether they're lovely or not, if you lash out at fans you'll be hit with the bad attitude label, whether it's fair or not.

On the flip side isn't it wrong that players should have to accept nasty personal abuse from so called supporters. It's almost 2020 and some football supporters still behave like cave men. I have supported the Rams for a fair few years and so obviously seen some rubbish and moaned about the team, but I haven't and never would resort to verbally abusing a player. 

Archived