v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Did they happen to mention the back to back league titles he won for them in years 2 and 3?

That’s not the point though, is it? The point is, we wanted continuity from Lampard. Cocu isn’t that at all. It’s gonna be harder work to build a squad capable of playing Cocus defensive style than it is someone who plays an attacking style imo. Cocu isn’t the right man for the job at hand, regardless of any past success imo.

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

Notts I'm not a massive fan of Malone don't get me wrong but lets go back a couple of games at PP he saved us a few times with last ditch defending and perhaps Cocu thought he might be better than Lowe today defensively as Lowe is not great either, i actually missed the game today for once (which was no fault of my own ...and its difficult not actually being at the game ) but skysports reporter said we played very well ?? The incident in the first few mins has ultimately changed the game and Malone does look like hes been caught out but it happens....I'm just saying starting Lowe instead doesn't necessarily give us a less prone to error  better defensive unit 

Oh I know mate,

It’s literally horse for courses isn’t it

it’s all just frustrating as hell for us all 

10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Did they happen to mention the back to back league titles he won for them in years 2 and 3?

In a league of two 

the eredevise is a slightly more glam Scotland with schexier accents and nicer weather 

Ajax and psv are infinitely bigger clubs than their counterparts over there, there’s the occasional twente or feyanoord Landing a hand on a bit of silverware but it’s those two that dominate with infinitely bigger resources than the rest 

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Pretty much guarantee I could get PSV a top 3 finish giving no team talk and sitting on the side line with a fag and paper . Probably get in a half hour nap as well. I reckon winning the title with FC Twente or a similar team who haven't won a title in 80 years might be a bigger accomplishment.  Now why can't we find a bloke like that ?

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s not the point though, is it? The point is, we wanted continuity from Lampard. Cocu isn’t that at all. It’s gonna be harder work to build a squad capable of playing Cocus defensive style than it is someone who plays an attacking style imo. Cocu isn’t the right man for the job at hand, regardless of any past success imo.

When Lampard left so did our 3 best players and a few others that looking back were better than were given credit. Then we had Percy Pisshead getting sacked and a number of injuries. The man is a football manager not a magician.

It is wearing a bit thin now. I want to believe it’s going to change, but I’m waiting for that Stimac moment post Tranmere 5-1. Is it going to happen, and can we afford to wait much more 

there  is also the Rooney dilemma - as he was promised a coaching role under the experienced Cocu - what is he learning? 

if we wait we need seismic transfer window to inject some passion, knowhow  and skill in 

I didn’t go today - but experience CR all the three nils in London of late - and hey presto another 3 nil deficit. 

my radio got turned off at 89 mins..... the sound of Reading fans Olays too much!!!

im going to Palace  in the cup....be nice if the turnaround happens sooner...?

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

So from your statement then you are blaming Mel Morris for this. Because I was lead to believe he put in an awful lot of his time and energy watching Cocu's games at PSV  and he believed he was the continuity.  After all it was MM who hired him. 

5 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

When Lampard left so did our 3 best players and a few others that looking back were better than were given credit. Then we had Percy Pisshead getting sacked and a number of injuries. The man is a football manager not a magician.

That doesn’t have any bearing on his mentality and approach to games though. I’m not Cocu out because we’re not challenging for promotion, I understand that isn’t possible with the squad this season (could’ve been more likely with remotely competent recruitment, mind). I’m Cocu out because he’s got a negative mindset. That’s been the case everywhere he’s been by all accounts, and it’s certainly be evident here. He lost me when he played Bogle on the right wing and Wisdom at right back. Don’t care about the quality of his squad, that’s the move of a negative manager, and that’s not what I want at Derby.

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

So from your statement then you are blaming Mel Morris for this. Because I was lead to believe he put in an awful lot of his time and energy watching Cocu's games at PSV  and he believed he was the continuity.  After all it was MM who hired him. 

To an extent, yes I am. Or at least, whoever made the decision to employ Cocu. I doubt it was one man alone. Whoever thought he was continuity from Lampard was wrong imo. And it’s not the first time we’ve employed an unsuitable manager. Pearson, Rowett, Clement etc etc. We’ve not sacked too many managers, we’ve appointed too many of the wrong ones.

5 minutes ago, irobinson said:

It is wearing a bit thin now. I want to believe it’s going to change, but I’m waiting for that Stimac moment post Tranmere 5-1. Is it going to happen, and can we afford to wait much more 

there  is also the Rooney dilemma - as he was promised a coaching role under the experienced Cocu - what is he learning? 

if we wait we need seismic window to inject some passion, knowhow  and skill in 

I didn’t go today - but experience CR all the three nils in London of late - and hey presto another 3 nil deficit. 

my radio got turned off at 89 mins..... the sound of Reading fans Olays too much!!!

im going to Palace  in the cup....be nice if the turnaround happens sooner...?

May be start with players that pass the ball to our players then ones that pass forward.

43 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Not sure if debated already, but both peno’s are sending off’s or neither are.

Discuss.

Malone's was a sending off because he did not attempt to play the ball when making the foul, he just pushed the lad over
Forsyth's wasn't because there was a genuine attempt to play the ball, albeit a very poor one

Bear in mind that Cooky's Wigan were unlucky to lose a few weeks ago at PP. They were better organised and worked a lot harder.

Even though player for player they aren't anything like as good as us.

and that's the problem right now - and is likely to be at theirs, I suspect.

2 hours ago, Turnstile said:

I don’t get this “we were not as bad as the score suggests “we must be we gave them all 3 goals.

Wait until you’ve seen it.

jason knight deserved a goal if only for the 28 yarder that smacked the woodwork.

Archived