v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a few shots today which is good progress. We are building up towards possibly scoring a goal sometime in January so good times are just around the corner. The players even tried today by all accounts! Heady days. 

I think now is the time to finally get rid of Lawrence, malone and waghorn. They aren’t good enough and never will be. Let’s play the kids and hopefully buy a centre half who isn’t a liability. 

Onwards and upwards!

9 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I am going to take Cocu saying he may well look at players he has previously worked with as a sign that the recruitment team isn't trusted by him!

Let’s keep our fingers crossed then they adapt to the championship quicker than he has or we’re royally fu?ked

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

My point was he is a centre back by trade 

played at all youth levels as a centre back and even did a season winning a title that’s about as big that our gaffer gets praised for winning playing in the middle of a back four 

if fozzy is qualified to be given a go there then wisdom sure as hell is

I think the thing with Cocu is that because he likes to play out from the back he wants a right footer at RCB and a left footer at LCB which is understandable. He has moved Davies to the right even though he has mainly played on the left side. Does he go against that and try Wisdom? Id personally gonl with Wisdom RCB & Davies LCB but if Clarke is back soon he will come straight back in.

Evans who is another option is now out for a while with a calf injury!

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

My point was he is a centre back by trade 

played at all youth levels as a centre back and even did a season winning a title that’s about as big that our gaffer gets praised for winning playing in the middle of a back four 

if fozzy is qualified to be given a go there then wisdom sure as hell is

I thought you was saying Derby played him out of position? I don’t think he’s dominant enough to play CB and often switches off but let’s have a look we are down to the bare bones and lacking in pace at CB.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think the thing with Cocu is that because he likes to play out from the back he wants a right footer at RCB and a left footer at LCB which is understandable. He has moved Davies to the right even though he has mainly played on the left side. Does he go against that and try Wisdom? Id personally gonl with Wisdom RCB & Davies LCB but if Clarke is back soon he will come straight back in.

Evans who is another option is now out for a while with a calf injury!

Thing is he’s had opportunity to play Evans at centra back and passed on it On many occasion 

he just doesn’t fancy him there does he 

I was there today and I thought the team gave more in 90 mins with 10 men than they have in the last 6 games with a full team. We didn’t deserve to lose 3-0 but for the love of god I wish we could go a full game without making such catastrophic mistakes at the back. Thought Jason Knight and Waggy were excellent and could we please start with Max Lowe at Wigan rather than Malone? 

Oh and the Rams fans were brilliant today. 

8 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I thought you was saying Derby played him out of position? I don’t think he’s dominant enough to play CB and often switches off but let’s have a look we are down to the bare bones and lacking in pace at CB.

Oh I agree I’m not a huge wisdom fan tbh but these are pretty desperate times 

he does switch off but centre back and right back are totally totally different positions to play 

I was a centre back but Cos I was left footed I’d occasionally fill in, I was quick and in build far more suited to being a fullback than centre back but I found centre back far far more easy to play 

I found I could read the game much easier from there and can kinda sympathise with wisdom a little as granted the job is essentially the same ie: stop goals going in the positions play v v differently 

centre back everything is infront of u and providing u read the game well it’s a piece of cake lol

ok it’s not but my point is ur a natural centre back just by being right footed and quick doesn’t mean u can play right back as well 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

he does switch off but centre back and right back are totally totally different positions to play 

I was a centre back but Cos I was left footed I’d occasionally fill in, I was quick and in build far more suited to being a fullback than centre back but I found centre back far far more easy to play 

I found I could read the game much easier from there and can kinda sympathise with wisdom a little as granted the job is essentially the same ie: stop goals going in the positions play v v differently 

Do you still have some boots?

8 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I was there today and I thought the team gave more in 90 mins with 10 men than they have in the last 6 games with a full team. We didn’t deserve to lose 3-0 but for the love of god I wish we could go a full game without making such catastrophic mistakes at the back. Thought Jason Knight and Waggy were excellent and could we please start with Max Lowe at Wigan rather than Malone? 

Oh and the Rams fans were brilliant today. 

Well Malone won't be starting, that's for sure. Lowe looked good.

10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

centre back everything is infront of u and providing u read the game well it’s a piece of cake lol

ok it’s not but my point is ur a natural centre back just by being right footed and quick doesn’t mean u can play right back as well 

I just think when we had him on loan he was a bull of a FB and I could easily see him at CB the problem is now he looks a shadow of that player.

Wisdom may or may not be the answer at centre back, but at some point we have to try him to find out because he won’t be able to displace bogle at right back. 

Similarly evans. He did well as an emergency centre back. 

Just now, RamNut said:

Wisdom may or may not be the answer at centre back, but at some point we have to try him to find out because he won’t be able to displace bogle at right back. 

Similarly evans. He did well as an emergency centre back. 

When bogle is playing for Burnley he might

47 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Can't really analyse a game to any context when you go a goal and a man down in 4 minutes.. For most teams that is game over... 

How many down were we when Mac took charge against Ipswich? A difference in approach I think.

Archived