v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, TommyPowell said:

with 10 platers after losing a defender you need players who can work hard  and Martin has a lot of talents but he aint a worker never has been

Hard work didn't score many goals today did it!

If we'd had a player to hold the ball up front, to win freekicks, to win stuff in the air, with a football brain to help the young football players then that might have helped.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Holmes actually walked back in the 90th minute after losing the ball... words fail me when players do that. 

Think thats our 4th 0-3 away loss this season. Im not for swapping managers wilie nilly but he needs a damn good window and a miles miles better Jan - May for me. 

Yeah, I kinda get that but he has been running hard most of the game and we were one man down for most of the match. Thats gonna take a toll. 

Didn’t see it all but what I did see was  encouraging.

jason knight - 5th start - absolutely superb and that raises the games of the lowes and the bogles.

its the senior players causing the problems with sloppy, stupid play at times. 

Sibley had very little opportunity but showed a couple of good moments.

Cocu picks the players. He can answer for the consequence of his own selection. 

Just now, goldstar said:

Am i a clairvoyant? No, but this cant continue because of 'he might do better soon'. We need a positive manager who gives us exciting football and a shed load of new players. 

It has to be a question of the resources Cocu has available at the club. There is no way that any of the players brought in, in summer are his signings. Phillip Cocu had probably never even heard of Greggs before coming to Derby, never mind players like Dowell. He freely admitted in an interview early on that "his" marquee signing Bielik was shown to him by the scouting team.

The players we have simply cannot play the type of football we want to see, and until Cocu is given chance to bring in his own players, how can you judge him on that? I will fully admit, Cocu has not inspired confidence at all with some of his selection decisions, or the fact that many of the players we had last season look a lot worse this season. But could that have been because of £50M+ of talent in the team making them look better? I seem to remember last season was Mount out, we looked awful for a run of games, and it was only due to some Harry Wilson magic that we managed to nick some games.

I want to see this club go from strength to strength. And sacking a manager who hasn't had time to mould a team in his own image two weeks before a transfer window opens is not the way of doing that. This is where the club is at and as a fan base we have to get behind them. Calling for the manager's head is not productive at the moment. 

If Cocu gets his own players, coaches them and we still look awful. Fair enough, off he goes.

1 minute ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

In that case we're getting trounced by better teams, Just got back from a week away, I should have stayed there a nice place is Witts End.

No I believe we have good players, better than the opposition. Some of these would play well in another team. That’s why I’m losing my love in with Cocu, he ought to be fixing this but I fear sadly the players want him out and are not playing for him 

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

If Fozzy is fit enough to play 90 mins why isn’t he playing at left back ?

He doesn't have the pace any more; he's lost a couple of steps with his injuries.

He's not long for our squad, I don't imagine. We're just as thin as we can get at CB - the only reason he's playing; that and our other CB option (Wisdom) is right footed.

We desperately need to sign one; ideally 2 CBs in January.

8 minutes ago, goldstar said:

We didnt play well, we shipped 3 goals ffs! Many managers have off field antics to deal with that dont make the papers and there are no signs that results will improve. You are happy then for us to be in the relegation zone soon? Not good enough

Not sure if you listened or watched today but the general consensus is we have played well, possibly the best since Huddersfield. How do you know we will be in the relegation zone soon? We have plenty of players due back from injury plus Rooney & any new additions in Jan

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Weren’t you the one saying we barely needed any transfers in the summer, and calling me a clown for suggesting we needed more signings than just 2/3? Aged like a fine wine that did.

I stand by what I said. How many new signings were in this team tonight? Just Hamer (worse that Roos) and Bielik. A new CB (Clarke) to go alongside Keogh at CB, Bielik, and a new player at RW was all that was needed. Those two CBs are both unavailable, Bielik isn’t fit enough yet and we failed to get a decent RW in.

Todays game came down to giving 2 silly penalties away, hitting the woodwork twice and having 2 penalty shouts of our own turned down. As I said not long ago, almost nothing between us winning 3-0 instead of losing 3-0

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

I think this Forum should pick the team for the Wigan game and email it to Cocu .

Hamer

Bogle Wisdom Davies Fozzy

Beliek

Sibley Knight

Lawrence

Marriott Martin

Anyone got an email for Mel ? 

other than Lawrence, I'd go with that.

Archived