v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I don’t think some of those commenting can have watched the game.

Lowe played well from what I saw.

first goal came as a result of waghorn smashing the ball back and the foul by Malone. 

The ten men made a valiant effort on a soggy pitch, but inevitably they found a gap for the second.

the third was the result of more tired legs, a poor pass and another Rod Thomas like foul for another pen.

Apart from that I thought we matched them and even dominated at times.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, GenBr said:

I wouldnt worry too much. Every single time we've gone that far south this season we've lost 3-0. Brentford, Charlton, Fulham all did it. If you dont put at least 3 past us you should be looking at getting a new manager.

Can I have the lottery numbers?

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Really? So you think the rest of this team isn’t so bad? If we’re only the odd player away from being good enough for promotion, then we must be fairly close then? Wait, we’re 17th you say? Surely that means the manager isn’t doing well enough then?

You Cant have it both ways.

Based on what I just said.... Roos; Bogle, Keogh, Clarke, Lowe; Rooney, Bielik, Shinnie; RWMartin, Lawrence. Backed up by Wisdom, Evans, Davies, Malone, Knight, Huddlestone, Holmes, Waghorn, Marriott, Bennett. The likes of Buchanan, Bird, Knight and Sibley in reserve. In my honest opinion, that would have been good enough for top 6. 

Compared with those available today, we were missing Roos, Keogh, Clarke, Rooney, Shinnie, Evans, Huddlestone and Bennett which has been the same for most of the season. A lot of leadership, experience, work rate, and ability missing.

Doesn’t this simply back up my point? ?

8 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Wisdom should be given a game.  He is built like a centre back and was unlucky to have been dropped.

I thought after he played, he picked up a small injury. After a long spell out, they're probably bring cautious - as they did with Forsyth.

Also, I still believe part of the team selection is experimental. If so, we know Malone is not up to it and Fozzy hasn't recovered enough for this level.

To those questioning playing Fozzy at centre back - he's been played there in a three by other managers.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Based on what I just said.... Roos; Bogle, Keogh, Clarke, Lowe; Rooney, Bielik, Shinnie; RWMartin, Lawrence. Backed up by Wisdom, Evans, Davies, Malone, Knight, Huddlestone, Holmes, Waghorn, Marriott, Bennett. The likes of Buchanan, Bird, Knight and Sibley in reserve. In my honest opinion, that would have been good enough for top 6. 

Compared with those available today, we were missing Roos, Keogh, Clarke, Rooney, Shinnie, Evans, Huddlestone and Bennett which has been the same for most of the season. A lot of leadership, experience, work rate, and ability missing.

Doesn’t this simply back up my point? ?

You really think that’s a top 6 side?! With all due respect, I think you’re well off the mark. Roos isn’t good enough, Clarke isn’t good enough, Martin and Lawrence aren’t good enough. Shinnie and Bielik together is too defensive. And there’s no use blaming a few injuries either. Because you’ve got to be able to deal with them, by having a good enough squad. No team goes without injuries. If you claim the players backing up that starting team should be good enough for top 6, then the injuries shouldn’t  be putting us down to 17th. 

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I thought after he played, he picked up a small injury. After a long spell out, they're probably bring cautious - as they did with Forsyth.

Also, I still believe part of the team selection is experimental. If so, we know Malone is not up to it and Fozzy hasn't recovered enough for this level.

To those questioning playing Fozzy at centre back - he's been played there in a three by other managers.

Forsyth is finished mate. His knees are gone

Its difficult to go from left back to centre back. I know some players can do both naturally & fozzy might have been played there before but it isnt his natural position. You need a different skill set for the left back role fozzy plays & centre back. It isnt as simple as just 'tackling' its natural positioning on the pitch on & off the ball. It takes time to adapt when you're not used to it. Not excusing him but just stop playing him there

30 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

How they can think the senior players in this squad are good enough is beyond me. It's clear they cannot do any better - it's they that should go. And Cocu given a chance.

When/how are 'they' going to go? If it's them not Cocu who will want them?!

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Chris Hughton 

I’d rather go for Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe, got nothing against Hughton as a bloke but his football isn’t exactly off your seat stuff, I also think Ainsworth would sort out the wheat from the chaff quick-style (if allowed to by the club hierarchy)

That said, I still have sympathy with Cocu and don’t advocate his removal yet however, a loss at Wigan next week and Boro and Huddersfield overtaking us in the league in the coming weeks and I think it’ll be getting towards the time when serious questions are asked.

At the end of the day, all that will show on the records is another 3-0 away defeat and an indisciplined performance for which I expect we will get fined.

Despite this, I am proud of the 10 plus two Derby players who ran their hearts out for each other for 87 minutes of this match. 

Some of them might not be quite  good enough and the ball still won't run for us but they played as well as I have seen for many weeks against Reading's twelve men. 

The referee was awful.

I don't care whether I ever see Malone in a Derby shirt again.

Jason Knight MOTM - for either side!

Cocu will get his opportunity I know at the moment it is rough, however I do believe he will still get it right I think there will be at least 16 gone from the squad by August next season. and we will have at least nine new Rams, this medicine has been needed for a while, Frank just papered the cracks for a season and I think by now would have been faced with the same rebuild if he has stayed, you have got to give him his chance to get his players in. Please everyone keep the faith.

Archived