Cocu in or out?

IslandExile

Cocu out?  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Pottig said:

Do you actually think Cocu had anything to do with our signings in the summer? 

When asked why Shinnie wasn't in the 18 earlier in the season, Coco said that he didn't sign Shinnie. 

He didn't say that about anyone else and Bielik, Clarke, Dowell and Paterson were in the squad. I believe you can consider those players to be Cocu's 

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please let’s stop pretending that our defence is worse now! It’s not. 

we aren’t conceding any more goals than last season or with Keogh and Tomori in the side, the issue is mentality and lack of positive intent. NOTHING ELSE. 

what’s that saying? You cannot win the lottery if you don’t buy a ticket. 

I very much trust Mel Morris to get this right. I am sure that Mel, like most of us, has made the occasional mistake in his time, but, overall, I feel that his antennae, and judgement, are both pretty good. Also, Mel may well be constrained, by the "Duet" situation, at this time. However, to play devil's advocate, for a moment, Napoleon always appointed lucky generals.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

we aren’t conceding any more goals than last season or with Keogh and Tomori in the side, the issue is mentality and lack of positive intent. NOTHING ELSE. 

Can't you attribute that as positive though about Cocu that despite our defense being weaker player wise we aren't bad there at all?

The problem is creativity and players taking chances. Our attacking players lack confidence, the only thing that can change that is goals and our midfield currently is hardly going to provide numerous chances for them to fluff. Those issues were here last season when Mount wasn't involved.

Lawrence is our only creative player and he only creates for himself to make the wrong choice. Bradley Johnson would be a creative genius in this team...

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not sure what all those 3-0 defeats suggest?

1 hour ago, David Baker said:

I very much trust Mel Morris to get this right. I am sure that Mel, like most of us, has made the occasional mistake in his time, but, overall, I feel that his antennae, and judgement, are both pretty good. Also, Mel may well be constrained, by the "Duet" situation, at this time. However, to play devil's advocate, for a moment, Napoleon always appointed lucky generals.

Evening Mrs Morris.

8 hours ago, Dcfc_20 said:

At the end of the day I think it comes to the fact our squad is nowhere near as good as last year and therefore not good enough to make the playoffs... We see other clubs like Brentford and even them down the road manage to pick up top quality cheap signings from abroad. 

We picked up FloJo from Brentford! Maybe it's how these fabulous players are put together and played as a team that is the point. Has Cocu managed to get a team from his squad yet?

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We picked up FloJo from Brentford! Maybe it's how these fabulous players are put together and played as a team that is the point. Has Cocu managed to get a team from his squad yet?

Definitely not. The question, however, is is there team within the squad? (Genuine question, specifically with the injuries he's had to work around)

4 minutes ago, BrackleyRam said:

We can't keep changing managers ever time we have a poor run or play poor.

It's not about a 'poor run or poor play' it's about whether there are signs of progress and what type of team Cocu is trying to build. For some that 'progress and team-building' isn't looking so positive...

4 minutes ago, BrackleyRam said:

Give him a chance, let him get his own players in.

We can't keep changing managers ever time we have a poor run or play poor.

Just said something similar in another thread. I agree. He had very little pre-season, barely anytime to sign players that fit how he might like to play and was left with half the side Lampard had, which finished 6th, just.

At some point we should try to be less short sighted. Yeah, it might not work out but to be so sure before we even reach Christmas is craziness. 

8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

but it's not an excuse for lack of effort 

21 games in and not once can we actually say that we have played a game really well and enjoyed it. Huddersfield and Middlesbrough were attentional and solid but 21 games!!!

This is just painful and boring and even worse, every line up, you know it's going to be boring and you know we won't score.

21 minutes ago, europia said:

but it's not an excuse for lack of effort 

Nothing to do with lack of effort - we're short of quality and the players are lacking in confidence. The confidence issue can be put down to a number of factors - too many changes to the match day starting eleven, injuries to key players and individual player errors amongst them.

No doubt someone will soon point to Lawrence with regard to lack of effort but his demeanour doesn't change irrespective of whether he's having a good game or not so I don't feel it's lack of application in his case.

Archived