Cocu in or out?

IslandExile

Cocu out?  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cocu out!

Why?

We're too defensive - get Hughton in.

We don't play good football - we need Warnock. Is Pullis available?

We don't need yet another transition year - get a new manager in who will hit the ground running.

With this squad, albeit minus the four best players from last year and who just about managed to drag us into the playoffs, we should be certs for automatic promotion this year.

Why when he had a 3 week preseason with two of those in Florida and no money to spend, why didn't Cocu replace the weaker players in the squad?

Why all the swapping of players and formations, we should be experimenting instead.

Sheesh!!!

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Cocu out!

Why?

We're too defensive - get Hughton in.

We don't play good football - we need Warnock. Is Pullis available?

We don't need yet another transition year - get a new manager in who will hit the ground running.

With this squad, albeit minus the four best players from last year and who just about managed to drag us into the playoffs, we should be certs for automatic promotion this year.

Why when he had a 3 week preseason with two of those in Florida and no money to spend, why didn't Cocu replace the weaker players in the squad?

Why all the swapping of players and formations, we should be experimenting instead.

Sheesh!!!

You think a 70 year old Warnock will play better football?  No thanks.

6 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

You think a 70 year old Warnock will play better football?  No thanks.

I was joking/being sarcastic. It was written in despair of all the calls to remove Cocu.

I am 100% behind Cocu myself. After all the swapping and changing, I find it refreshing to have an intelligent manager with a long term plan for the club - from academy to first team.

Unfortunately, he has inherited a very poor squad and hasn't yet had chance to turn that around. Nevertheless, there are a few on this forum and the twittersphere who think that Derby have a god given right to be in the playoffs, at least, playing great football regardless of the quality of the players available.

Its an IN from me

He has inherited a team with last seasons best 3 missing ( Mount Tamorri and Wilson) even with them we only just made the play offs,

on a plus with the after Christmas jinx ( or what ever people call it ) just around the corner, we are playing so bad we will prob think its gone and next season will be a good one

In. Hes got to be given some kind of chance to bring some of his own players in. Hes not even had a full transfer window yet and these players just arent up to scratch. Personally i wouldnt even enertain the idea of changing him until around this time next season. Give him a chance.

He's too negative. We played well with two upfront, with Lawrence at the front of the diamond, but hey that was far too adventurous and entertaining. Ever since we have been crap.

Unless he changes tact soon it's an out from me.

This season we just don't have the personnel to go up. 

He might as well try a few different formations to see how his players adapt. 

However, yesterday's team was never going to work. 

I'm still in but he needs to give the fans something to cheer about soon. 

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

This season we just don't have the personnel to go up. 

He might as well try a few different formations to see how his players adapt. 

However, yesterday's team was never going to work. 

I'm still in but he needs to give the fans something to cheer about soon. 

I reckon I could get this team into the play-offs!

Stick with it. He's a build over a few seasons guy not quick impact guy.

And b)

after five years of being up there but not making it, a season of fall back was going to happen sooner or later, would've likely been last season if not fir the loans. I think it just is what it is and sacking the manager isn't going to change that.

I basically look at Cocu as an upmarket Dutch nigel Clough

Definitely in. I'd rather not change manager again at this stage. The constant churn is part of the reason why we are in this position in the first place.

If some people on here had their way they would have gotten rid of Brian Clough after he finished 18th in his first season with us.

If this carries on, it's an out from me.

It seems the only reasons people are so averse to out is 1) it's Cocu the legendary player, a glanorous name like Lampard 

2) our history of turnover with managers is abysmal and people don't want yet another change, so he gets to keep the job regardless of the away form and lack of cohesive play. 

If this was a Rowett type name people would be considering his replacement if results didn't turn soon, but it seems to me Cocu is a lucky man due to circumstances and his long contract, something Clement and Pearson didn't get.

Archived