Cocu in or out?

IslandExile

Cocu out?  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think that's what some fans are also worried about. Maybe Rooney will be Cocu's lucky charm?

What I don’t like are the extremes.

On one hand Cocu has to go and on the other we should just expect and accept what we’re seeing.

Rooney is a fantastic addition and a coup for the club but I think people are expecting us to suddenly destroy the league.

Heaven forbid the results don’t improve with Rooney.

1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

What I don’t like are the extremes.

On one hand Cocu has to go and on the other we should just expect and accept what we’re seeing.

Rooney is a fantastic addition and a coup for the club but I think people are expecting us to suddenly destroy the league.

Heaven forbid the results don’t improve with Rooney.

We need to get Bielik and Shinnie back with Rooney as our midfield. 

Sell Bogle. Buy Dickie and replace Bogle with a loan deal for Clarke from Tottenham. 

That would be a good start. 

If we could sell Lawrence and Waghorn and get one good striker as replacement that might help too. 

With all the talk of this potential investment coming in, and Rooney already here, could certain players know whats coming, ie, new signings and are thinking "duck it, doesn't matter what I do i'm gonna lose my place".

It would certainly explain the lack luster performances by a lot of our players.

I know it's not the right attitude to have, but they are humans after all and we'd all be thinking it in our own line of work.

And it doesn't matter how much Cocu tries to motivate these players, they simply won't listen

I could be wrong of course ?

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

could certain players know whats coming, ie, new signings and are thinking "duck it, doesn't matter what I do i'm gonna lose my place".

But then they won't get a better move to another club. No one will come in for them

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

But then they won't get a better move to another club. No one will come in for them

they'll always be clubs that want our players for the right price, doesn't mean they will go to better clubs. A lot of these players aren't good enough anyway, even if they were playing well, to warrant a big move.

I was hoping cocu and co were the answer...a bit of consistancy...but cocu is not the answer..the dice needs to be rolled again..with a Derby man installed in the hotseat...we dont need no big time charlie till we are in the premiership... till then we need someone who actually knows the championship and how to scrap for points.

1 minute ago, superzak said:

I was hoping cocu and co were the answer...a bit of consistancy...but cocu is not the answer..the dice needs to be rolled again..with a Derby man installed in the hotseat...we dont need no big time charlie till we are in the premiership... till then we need someone who actually knows the championship and how to scrap for points.

I think we're playing the best football we've played away from home all season. Lawrence was very unlucky with the one the keeper touched on to the post. Knight should have scored. Waghorn should definitely have scored and Knight was fouled in the follow up. We could easily be 3-1 up (yes, they have missed a couple of half chances but they didn't score either). The season hasn't been good, but calling for Cocu's head now with the way we've responded is unfair.

4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I think we're playing the best football we've played away from home all season. Lawrence was very unlucky with the one the keeper touched on to the post. Knight should have scored. Waghorn should definitely have scored and Knight was fouled in the follow up. We could easily be 3-1 up (yes, they have missed a couple of half chances but they didn't score either). The season hasn't been good, but calling for Cocu's head now with the way we've responded is unfair.

It's to do with the team he picks - Malone? We could be winning this now with 11 men. Cocu picks the team that plays (or doesn't).

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's to do with the team he picks - Malone? We could be winning this now with 11 men. Cocu picks the team that plays (or doesn't).

We’ve been excellent we should be winning, altough yes lowe of Malone should be obvious 

He has arguably the best training facilities in the championship  at his disposal. He has that many advisors its embarrassing when most championship managers are lucky if they have an ex player sat next to them. He has one of the best chairman in the championship and even without the 3 loanees of last season quite an expensive collection of senior pros. We should not be sat near the bottom of ..lets face it the old second division...if any of the previous 10 managers had been in charge they would have got the sack by now. 

Archived