Kelle Roos

Bob The Badger

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

Is it?, Is it really, It's about communicating, Pointing/talking/encouraging not just coming to collect crosses, As for the Captain saying he wants Roos to stay on his line, That I am not surprised at, The Captain must also be aware of Roos liabilities when attempting to catch crosses ?

I would love to know who's instructing him to stay on his line, Shay Given maybe?

Rhetoric - the ability to use language effectively. From observation I would have this as one of Kelle's better skills. He was constantly doing that on Saturday - pointing, shouting and encouraging. 

39 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Rhetoric - the ability to use language effectively. From observation I would have this as one of Kelle's better skills. He was constantly doing that on Saturday - pointing, shouting and encouraging. 

Rhetoric

language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect, but which is often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.

22 hours ago, Charlie van de Borreltje said:

Lots of comments on here. Alot of which are baalocks.  I expect the majority have never played in goal.

There was a comment about it being wet - theyr'e the best conditions for a goalie. No need to dampen your gloves.

Someone said he was fouled just afore half time - not watched it back but if he had come out when he should have done instead of hesitating he would have taken it at maximum height - not in front of his face inviting a challenge. (Bit like Wembley).  One of the first things you are taught as a goalie is to take the ball at its highest point.

We've kept clean sheets, that is clear, but they are in spite of Roos, not because of him. 

Someone claimed he made a top save yesterday. I didn't see it, nor did I go and squeeze my prostate mid game.

I played in goal for the best part of 40 years . I know a goalie when I see one.

Roos's inability to deal with a cross is a major major problem. If you can't see that then there needs to be some heads wobbled.

He's not good enough.

Can't argue, but it's fair to say that Roos is one of many of the current crop of average  keepers who can't catch the ball and are prone to errors. Standards in goalkeeping have probably dipped. The fact that a a few keepers  can pass to a team mate, doesn't mitigate for general goalkeeping incompetence. It doesn't help Roos cause having a mixed bag of defenders in front of him. A number of teams including Preston have let us of the hook with poor finishing, but that's the Championship for you. 

3 minutes ago, europia said:

Can't argue, but it's fair to say that Roos is one of many of the current crop of average  keepers who can't catch the ball and are prone to errors. Standards in goalkeeping have probably dipped. The fact that a a few keepers  can pass to a team mate, doesn't mitigate for general goalkeeping incompetence. It doesn't help Roos cause having a mixed bag of defenders in front of him. A number of teams including Preston have let us of the hook with poor finishing, but that's the Championship for you. 

I think we let Preston off with poor finishing, not the other way round.

(Roos out BTW)

13 hours ago, Squid said:

Actually hate threads like this, can't be bothered to read everything so I'm sorry if my points have already been made.

At the end of the day he's our player and he gives his all. If you don't think he's good enough then fair enough, but he's better than anything else that we've got.

We've kept 4 clean sheets at home in a row (Just seen @SouthStandDan's post just above. 

His decision making is questionable but what do you expect when you have fans sarcastically jeering you every game?

At the end of the day he's trying to win the fans over and getting on his back will counter what he is trying to do.

Support the guy, Cheer instead of jeer.

He's become a scapegoat and it's ridiculous.

Bang on the money , i actually find myself hating  'Derby fans' whose latest thing is getting on the lads case . Morons. 

So the ref asked Jack Charlton "What just happened there?

Jack (says he) replied 'Our goalie's just chucked the ball into his own net!'

Ref 'So it's a goal then!'

"And he's dropped it, he's dropped it! Shilton has dropped it!"

"Best kicked the ball after it left Banks's hands...that's a goal, surely!" (Don't call me Shirley!?)

What a save by Banks, a magnificent save by Banks!

Jan Tomasweski is a clown.

Zlatan's 4th vs England.

Goalkeepers are different.

But they all thrive on T L C!

Anyone fancy defending Roos still?

I said it in the summer when Carson went that we needed a number one.

Absolutely criminal that we've gone into a season with this guy as our number one keeper.

Said it many times a good keeper can gain you 10-15 points a season and a bad one can lose you 10-15 points. 

Only by sheer luck we didn't concede on half time on Saturday when he dropped a routine catch. 

He has to come out this side. 

Hamer can't be any worse.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Anyone fancy defending Roos still?

I said it in the summer when Carson went that we needed a number one.

Absolutely criminal that we've gone into a season with this guy as our number one keeper.

Said it many times a good keeper can gain you 10-15 points a season and a bad one can lose you 10-15 points. 

Only by sheer luck we didn't concede on half time on Saturday when he dropped a routine catch. 

He has to come out this side. 

Hamer can't be any worse.

I’ve been saying for weeks that Hamer must be absolutely awful if he can’t get a game.

Roos is without a doubt the worst keeper I’ve seen at Derby that’s the ‘number 1’.

4 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I’ve been saying for weeks that Hamer must be absolutely awful if he can’t get a game.

Roos is without a doubt the worst keeper I’ve seen at Derby that’s the ‘number 1’.

Couldn't agree more mate. 

He's 27 years old. If he can't catch now then he'll never be able to.

Archived