Kelle Roos

Bob The Badger

35 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

I've just freeze framed those first 2 goals . 

No 1 is clearly Forsyth and Davies' fault . Both totally asleep . Forsyth should have blocked the cross , Davies the player. Neither even moved .Roos could not dive right out that far . 

No2 even worse . Martin goes to head and completely mis judges it , Davies ,  Bogle and Beilk are 3 on 1 with their no9 completely blocking off Roos while none of them challenge. 

Pathetic defending for which the main blame for me lies with Davies . 

But that doesn't fit with the fashion of scapegoating Roos does it ?????

No1 - no doubt that they should do better. But watch Roos step out then change his mind. Left himself in no mans land. 

No2 - again Roos moves towards the ball half heartedly and gives himself no chance. A half decent keeper launches himself at that and flattens anyone in the way.

But ok fair enough lets give him the benefit of the doubt on those two as he’s a scapegoat. What’s your take on the 3rd goal out of interest? 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

I really hope PC sticks by the lad just to spite you experts . The biggest thing i dislike about DCFC nowadays are the know all football manager  'supporters' ! ?

Here we go pmsl.....the old "football manager supporters line " its called having an opinion...thats what a forum is all about!! just like talking about the game down the pub is about loving football not because we play football manager...or is it because you don't agree ?

45 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

I've just freeze framed those first 2 goals . 

No 1 is clearly Forsyth and Davies' fault . Both totally asleep . Forsyth should have blocked the cross , Davies the player. Neither even moved .Roos could not dive right out that far . 

No2 even worse . Martin goes to head and completely mis judges it , Davies ,  Bogle and Beilk are 3 on 1 with their no9 completely blocking off Roos while none of them challenge. 

Pathetic defending for which the main blame for me lies with Davies . 

But that doesn't fit with the fashion of scapegoating Roos does it ?????

I was just playing with the Zapruder film and freeze framed it.

You can clearly see Jackie Kennedy pull out a gun and shoot JFK in the 7th frame.

It was very blurry and only in one frame was it apparent, but that's proof enough for me.

We should let Lee Harvey Oswald go.

I just checked and apparently he's dead too. No doubt Jackie had him shot as well.

Roos sums up our entire season so far. Good in patches but unable to do the basics consistently.

I have been saying it since he broke in to the team over Carson, he's not good enough to be a number 1 for a club hoping to challenge at the top end of this division.

I'm sure he works hard, he seems a nice bloke and sometimes he looks great, but sometimes just isn't good enough for such a key position.

3 hours ago, ramit said:

Just seen the highlights.  Can't defend Roos's cowardice in his box for those two first goals, it's inexcusable.

A bit harsh.

the first goal was more down to Lowe not stopping the cross, and fozzy freezing. 

for the second mitrovic is surrounded by defenders. He’d do well to get it.

the goals are due to the defence as a whole, not just the keeper.

3 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

Recall Carson. Should never have gone.

Carson is pretty terrible with crosses too. His strength, like Roos, is as a shot-stopper.

I don’t blame Roos for the first as I don’t think he had time to get to the cross (though the ball did go in the middle of the net) but he made a feeble effort to get to the corner.

We switched off twice and had pretty much lost the game at half-time.

At home, we bully the opposition and play with confidence. Away, we are passive and don’t work hard enough to knock our opponents off their game.

Both full-backs gave their men acres of space to collect the ball, run and look up.

In midfield we backed off, allowing Cairney and co to dictate.

Until we get snappier, we won’t win away.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

A bit harsh.

the first goal was more down to Lowe not stopping the cross, and fozzy freezing. 

Others were at fault on both goals, but a goalkeeper should at least be making an attempt to make those two balls into the box his. I'm not putting the blame solely at Roos' feet, but even if he isn't confident enough to catch at least make an effort to punch!

9 hours ago, Anon said:

Roos needs to be dropped, as much for himself as for the team. I understand wanting to try and build a 'keeper's confidence by sticking with them through a rough patch, but there comes a point where you're doing more harm than good by keeping them in the spotlight. I always remember how awful Camp looked by the time Phil Brown eventually dropped him. He's since proved that he's a capable Championship 'keeper, but there was no way back for him at Derby. If Roos plays the next game the pressure on him from the crowd will be intense from the first whistle.

Agree with this, Roos performances aside this can’t be healthy for him, the ironic cheers when it’s caught a ball for weeks are not going to do his confidence any good. 

Needs a few games out the spotlight, I fear that after last night as you say the pressure will be on him from the first whistle on Saturday. 

Hamer will also have his flaws, be it distribution, shot stopping or handling, there will be something that is keeping him from playing at the top level and fans must be prepared for that.

Wouldn’t surprise me if after a couple of games fans start begging for Roos back, not because I have doubts over Hamer, just how football fans work, players out the team improve week by week, always have, always will.

Mentioned few weeks ago he is the worst keeper in the league by a country mile !!!!. 

Teams are playing on him Get the ball into Derbys box the keeper is a joke !!!!

Perhaps he gets picked because he's Dutch. 

Anybody who thinks he got potential or he's good need Specsavers URGENT !!

1 hour ago, Mick Harford said:

I pray he's going to be a Martin Taylor, for those old enough MT cost us a goal in every game he played when covering for Shilts, then he became utterly awesome.

Yep he was awful then suddenly great, really bizarre. Guess it shows what confidence does. Roos confidence must be pretty low right now

Roos does need to be dropped at least. It's not just the clangers, it's other stuff - punching when he could catch and relieve some pressure on the defence, for example. He's indecisive, nervy, and has our defenders looking over their shoulders for 90 mins. A lethal combination in a keeper.

What intrugues me is whether the coaching staff think he's doing fine. I mean, they must watch games back during the week and look at his performance. If they are telling him he's doing fine then I'd be concerned.

Part of the problem I think is that there doesn't appear to be any serious competition for his place. If Hamer isn't competing for it, why is he here? We might as well use Ravas.

All this being said, I'd never boo Roos or sarcastically cheer him, as it achieves nothing beyond making him more nervous. But it is possible to support a player and also think he's not good enough.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

A bit harsh.

This photo from Fulham Twitter feed. What a mess. No foul on Davies there then?

Once Martin misses it, we've had it. I agree that Roos needs to get stuck in there but if he had, the ref would have probably given a penalty. 

IMG_20191127_080521.jpg

5 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Roos does need to be dropped at least. It's not just the clangers, it's other stuff - punching when he could catch and relieve some pressure on the defence, for example. He's indecisive, nervy, and has our defenders looking over their shoulders for 90 mins. A lethal combination in a keeper

While I have defended roos recently, this is true. He is a good shot stopper but too nervy. Goalkeepers shouldn't be nervy. He's 6ft 5, how can he not catch a ball flying into the box. It just doesn't make sense and it's not good enough.

Archived