Kelle Roos

Bob The Badger

I don't want to sound harsh but the guy is absolutely abject as a goalkeeper. I honestly don't know what he bring besides good distribution which is supposed to be a bonus of a goalkeeper not the first thing. I've never been convinced by his shot stopping, his command of the area, handling, dealing with crosses or his composure in certain games.  The guy needs to be replaced ASAP. I honestly am struggling to remember the last time i was less assured with a goalkeeper than with him.. maybe Andy Oakes

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1, I like a keeper who is a good shot stopper and he fits that bill fine. 
2. I like a keeper who can distribute accurately and he certainly does that. 
3. I do like a keeper who can catch a ball but am ok with punching it. He needs some work in that. 
4. I like a crowd who are supportive of the players. We are a long long way away from that. 

11 minutes ago, bcnram said:

3. I do like a keeper who can catch a ball but am ok with punching it. He needs some work in that. 
4. I like a crowd who are supportive of the players. We are a long long way away from that. 

The ironic cheers again today when he caught one, doesnt help at all.

I have been critical of him but would never do that.

Some of his distribution yesterday was excellent. Although when he went up to catch in the first half then was scrabbling round on his hands and knees after the ball I think there would have been enough people pooping bricks to solve @Curtains materials shortage for building new houses.

You do have to wonder what our goalkeeping coaches do though. Roos is clearly not good enough in the air and causes chaos. We have all known this for a long time so presumably our coaches do so why has he not improved? Either our coaches are useless or Roos is not capable of improvement in this area, which would mean that he needs replacing for me. 

A goalkeeper is the only player that is legally allowed to catch a ball in the 18 yard box, Roos fails miserably with this task, It's important to stop shots, It's important to have good distribution, It is also important to comand your penalty area, But to punch when catching is the better option, Or to stay on your line when coming and clearing all out before you and retaing the ball gives all a lift...players and supporters alike.

The foolish cheers when he finally caught a ball made me wince, Pretty sure those that do this don't understand what efect this could have on his confidense, The more the crowd critisise the less he will deliver.

I'm not a Roos fan never have been, Sent out on loan to a few times comes back then claims the number 1 spot, The howler in the playoff final epitomised his future...a decent shot stopper who causes concern when crosses come in to our box, You can take a horse to water, But you can't make it drink.

New keeper in January please.

Rant time, don’t like doing it but to be honest this is getting on my nerves far too much for me to ignore

It’s pretty obvious to me that Roos’ problem is that he was an academy product that a lot of fans never thought would make it and don’t  want to be proven wrong. They are far more willing to pick up on every little thing they don’t like than actually think he’s having a fine season. That’s obvious in this thread and has been about every since he got his chance. You’d rather self fulfil your prophecy than actual get behind the players. 

Its exactly the same with Bennett, some of ya can’t handle that he became a dependable first team player. You can’t accept that top managers actually want to use them.

The problem isn’t with Roos or Bennett, it’s the butt hurt among us.

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

You do have to wonder what our goalkeeping coaches do though. Roos is clearly not good enough in the air and causes chaos. We have all known this for a long time so presumably our coaches do so why has he not improved? Either our coaches are useless or Roos is not capable of improvement in this area, which would mean that he needs replacing for me. 

He isn't being taught and motivated correctly is the obvious answer.  Given not up to the job by the looks of it. 

i like Roos, he has some promising qualities, but a keeper his size should consider the box his territory and guard it jealously

4 hours ago, bcnram said:

What about a keeper who commands his box and looks confident. Is that not more important than the ability to distribute - which by the way is nothing like as good as some people seem to be suggesting. He can hit good passes but he can also be tentative and hit poor ones.

I think this is the right and proper place to discuss players on their merits and not just blindly support them no matter what.

However, I agree with @Paul71 I think the ironic cherring is pointless and childish.

@TuffLuff,  Were you reading this board when he came into the side, the vast majority of people were super stoked? 

I also don't think the majority of fans watch enough Academy football to have had an opinion.

PLUS, if there are a handful like that, then as somebody who never saw him play until he made his debut, I think they have been proven right.

I cannot talk for other people, but I can say, and to paraphrase Peter Taylor, I don't care if he came from Doncaster Pork Butchers if he can do the job.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

Rant time, don’t like doing it but to be honest this is getting on my nerves far too much for me to ignore

It’s pretty obvious to me that Roos’ problem is that he was an academy product that a lot of fans never thought would make it and don’t  want to be proven wrong. They are far more willing to pick up on every little thing they don’t like than actually think he’s having a fine season. That’s obvious in this thread and has been about every since he got his chance. You’d rather self fulfil your prophecy than actual get behind the players. 

Its exactly the same with Bennett, some of ya can’t handle that he became a dependable first team player. You can’t accept that top managers actually want to use them.

The problem isn’t with Roos or Bennett, it’s the butt hurt among us.

He didn’t come through our academy did he?

Struggling to remember when it was but I believe we signed him from Nuneaton when he was already past academy age!

Archived