Kelle Roos

Bob The Badger

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just freeze framed those first 2 goals . 

No 1 is clearly Forsyth and Davies' fault . Both totally asleep . Forsyth should have blocked the cross , Davies the player. Neither even moved .Roos could not dive right out that far . 

No2 even worse . Martin goes to head and completely mis judges it , Davies ,  Bogle and Beilk are 3 on 1 with their no9 completely blocking off Roos while none of them challenge. 

Pathetic defending for which the main blame for me lies with Davies . 

But that doesn't fit with the fashion of scapegoating Roos does it ?????

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

A keeper that can't catch and doesn't want to catch. 

Weird

The bizarre thing is me and my eldest said he made 2 decent saves from their more clear cut chances, yet the 2nd goal was just meh.

Any keeper worth his salt would’ve claimed it, which sums up about any cross we’ve had in the box all season. After coming here and seeing that tonight, the get off Roos brigade can just do one.

So disappointing.

12 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm racking my brain thinking of who is/was worse at dealing with crosses than Kelle. 

All I can come up with is Dracula and Jesus.  

I see a lot of stand up, have 2 friends one of whom is an ex stand up and another who's finally breaking through over here and headlining.  

I love the technical element of writing and delivering comedy. 

Bob Monkhouse got the rap of being corny and he was on TV. And whereas he wasn't someone I'd have gone out of my way to see, he was a far more skilled comic than most people realized. 

Like Ken Dodd whose routine I hated, he was super respected by other comedians and very influential. 

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

The bizarre thing is me and my eldest said he made 2 decent saves from their more clear cut chances, yet the 2nd goal was just meh.

Any keeper worth his salt would’ve claimed it, which sums up about any cross we’ve had in the box all season. After coming here and seeing that tonight, the get off Roos brigade can just do one.

So disappointing.

He doesn't have time to think with blocking shots it's purely reactions. 

Whereas with crosses he has plenty of time to remind himself how he dropped the last one. 

Of course there are other factors like not being able to catch, but I'm sure the mental side is a huge factor. 

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

He doesn't have time to think with blocking shots it's purely reactions. 

Whereas with crosses he has plenty of time to remind himself how he dropped the last one. 

Of course there are other factors like not being able to catch, but I'm sure the mental side is a huge factor. 

Just can’t get my head around a keeper that seldom catches. There was some irony he actually did claim one, which proves he can.

Im just baffled what Shay Given does or says with him, surely he must try and train him to claim crosses? As someone else said it’s just weird and flipping frustrating!

I have been defending Roos up to now, but the last few games he's made it really difficult for me. On Saturday his mad moment never cost us, and in fact apart from the comedy/horror effect it had didn't actually look like costing us a goal. The worrying thing though was the ineptness of the moment.
 Tonight however that first goal for me was a total disaster. Other players made mistakes in the build up to it, but Roos really should have dealt with it. He had no excuse for not coming for the ball. It all panned out in front of him. He had no defenders blocking his way (I'll get to that one in a moment). He should have been off his line in a flash. He should have wiped out Reid. He would have stopped the shot and won a free kick because Reid had his foot high. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Reid should have been penalised, if there was no one within 6 yards of him there was no way it was dangerous play. There was however no one near him because Roos had stayed on his line. 
 The second goal there were plenty of bodies in the way for him to not get to the cross. Goalkeepers however are the most protected players on the pitch. He should be using that to his advantage. Push your way through the players man, Christ you're big enough. With so many players there Mitrovic would have had to resorted to pushing because Roos had put his own defenders in his way. 
 I've got to confess I missed the third goal. I'd switched off completely (bit like Roos I suppose ?) and didn't see it, however the commentators said it was his fault. I can however forgive an error, just as when Bogle made an error against Forest. It's an error, not a fault. 
 Unfortunately I feel that Roos' biggest problem is his bravery, or lack of it. With the first goal he should have been on top of the attacker in a flash but for me was afraid of getting hurt. With the second goal he should have been bulldozering everyone out of his way, but for a man of his size he just doesn't seem to assert himself. Again I think it may be a problem of bravery. 
 All of the great keepers were very brave. I remember countless occasions seeing Colin Boulton diving around on the BBG mud between player's feet and coming up with the ball. Peter Shilton was another who never feared diving at an on rushing player's feet. I'm not saying that he should go in to situations whereby he will pick up an injury, just be prepared at least to take a knock because that ball should be his! Curtis Davis is an excellent example of a brave player. A few weeks back he picked up a nasty facial injury because he put his head where he had to put it. He didn't pull out because he thought he may get injured. In 30 odd games I've never seen Roos put himself mildly at risk. 
 In all I think that Roos is a pretty good goalkeeper, with some faults that could be ironed out. However, I do feel that he just doesn't want it enough. Enough to risk injury to make sure that that ball is his!

Just now, Zag zig said:

Just can’t get my head around a keeper that seldom catches. There was some irony he actually did claim one, which proves he can.

Im just baffled what Shay Given does or says with him, surely he must try and train him to claim crosses? As someone else said it’s just weird and flipping frustrating!

Colin Boulton was less than 6' and he owned to 6 yard box. 

Keepers in those days would only punch if they were going over the heads of players. Now their first reaction is to punch. 

It makes little sense to me because there's a better than even possibility you're just giving the ball back to the opposition. 

20 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

No 1 is clearly Forsyth and Davies' fault . Both totally asleep . Forsyth should have blocked the cross , Davies the player. Neither even moved .Roos could not dive right out that far . 

No2 even worse . Martin goes to head and completely mis judges it , Davies ,  Bogle and Beilk are 3 on 1 with their no9 completely blocking off Roos while none of them challenge. 

No. 1 is all Forsyth Davies and Roos I think

No. 2 is just abysmal by everyone near the 6yard box I reckon. 

Roos is average to me, Fulham’s keeper looks similar, he punched too.

Maybe me and other knockers are being too harsh but I just can’t get past the old fashioned keeper owns the 6 yard box and it’s fundamentally one of the main attributes of goal keeping; sorry if it riles anyone, I’m not scapegoating him tonight in truth, as I’ve thought the same for awhile.

Just can’t accept there wasn’t better out there in the summer but do accept Cocu didn’t have a lot of time to find one. I’d give Hamer a try, accepting this may deflate Roos more but hey that’s competition.

Then hopefully next season we find better as I think Roos is a weakness and can be improved on. Love to see him prove me wrong but right now I don’t believe he will.

27 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

No ones scapegoating him, the team played well and defended well, individually Roos cost us the game today. 
The first two goals he should be cleaning up. If it was just the third goal you could put that down to a miss kick sometimes it happens. But the two previous are a sure fire indicators of what we have been seeing from him all season, indecisive when it comes to claiming a ball in his area.

You can try and blame Davies and co but I feel they are dropping deeper and deeper because they don’t trust Roos to collect the ball anymore. I remember a really good example of this in the Wigan at home game Davies dropped just outside the 6 yard box to clear an easy ball just because he didn’t know Roos was coming or not. 

It’s a shame because he’s a great shot stopper but unless he can claim a ball properly then he’ll never make it long term for us. 

4 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

I really hope PC sticks by the lad just to spite you experts . The biggest thing i dislike about DCFC nowadays are the know all football manager  'supporters' ! ?

I really hope PC sticks by him because he has genuine faith in him. Because if he sticks by him to spite the know all football manager'supporters' we're in big trouble. I know I've just posted a long post saying how I don't think he will cut it in the long run, but I do feel that technically he is actually a more than capable goalkeeper. That doesn't mean that is current form should be allowed to go unpunished. If an outfield player is out of form he gets dropped. A goalkeeper should be under the same conditions.

36 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

No what it means is your'e watching a different game to the rest of us...a decent keeper would've claimed the second getting his own defenders out of the way...its very noticeable how deep our defenders are for corners virtually surrounding our keeper!! I wonder why???????? there is zero confidence in him and the first goal  he's in no mans land........get real Kelle !!

Archived