Kelle Roos

Bob The Badger

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

goals change games or didn't you realise that, we defended poorly throughout the game

I agree goals change games, if Roos hadn't made an error for the first goal we could have go on to frustrate them and may have scored ourselves as we almost did with Lawrence shortly before. Goalkeeper lost us the game. The outfielders limited them to half chances, the goalkeeper has to do his bit... and I'm saying that as a keeper myself. 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Bravery is the key.

If someone 6ft5 charges into an opponent then sometimes one of them gets hurt - but how many times have you seen Roos needing treatment or one of his opponents ?

He won't want to mess his hair up.

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

Bravery is the key.

If someone 6ft5 charges into an opponent then sometimes one of them gets hurt - but how many times have you seen Roos needing treatment or one of his opponents ?

My thoughts also. If he had bravery and cojones similar to Waghorn in other box, there wouldn't be much of a problem. Problem is that he doesn't and the other problem is that audacity is Waghorn's strongest attribute.

No sure how we ended up in such a mess for the third goal, with the keeper, two centre backs and bielik getting in a right pickle, whilst both bogle and Lowe are well up. 

Eventually fulham score because of the big hole at left back. 

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

No sure how we ended up in such a mess for the third goal, with the keeper, two centre backs and bielik getting in a right pickle, whilst both bogle and Lowe are well up. 

Eventually fulham score because of the big hole at left back. 

The obvious pass was to Bogle who was open and in space, Roos just banged it with such pace that Bielic struggled to control the ball, Bounced off him to a Fulham player, With that the others were caught out of position, Fulham on the front foot us on the back, Bish bash bosh 3-0

If you think about it, he is a bit of a ponce. He’s huge and surely knows he’s not great on crosses so why not man up and ROAR at the ball a la Peter Schmichael. Own the problem and be brave. Accept that he’s a professional footballer with all the support and training that he needs and manage it like we all do in our jobs. If you wanna succeed at this level you can’t just accept it - you have to take action and it’s either him changing or PC dropping him.  Less of this flappy, half-baked snowflake generation bo-lax where he sort of jumps in the air and waves his arms. What the F is that all about?? Whatever you thought of Keogh, he was brave, that was his thing really, and most of the time it worked but when it didn’t it was calamitous but overall, that mental approach covered up (to some degree) his inability to play football (harsh but you get my point). Roos needs to change his game else he’ll be in the lower leagues in a couple of years.

He needs to grow a pair and adapt his game. It’s a mental approach issue, not a physical limitation so it’s much more sortable - I think that’s why so many of us are frustrated. If he was 5’ 8” and not great on crosses but a great shot stopper than that’s a decision on whether the pro is worth the con but when he appears to have all the physical attributes to be a decent keeper and isn’t brave or smart enough to do something about it then that’s annoying. 

17 hours ago, Dimmu said:

My thoughts also. If he had bravery and cojones similar to Waghorn in other box, there wouldn't be much of a problem. Problem is that he doesn't and the other problem is that audacity is Waghorn's strongest attribute.

god you've solved it, swap the goalie who can't save for the forward who can't score, hey presto ?

Bobby Reid, the scorer of the first goal on Tuesday night, is 5"7.  Kelle Roos is 6"5, with his arms above his head, approximately 8"5.  The fact that he was out jumped is the clearest indication yet that he isn't, putting it mildly, a very good goalkeeper...

The only reason I can see, as to why he continues to get a game is because he has video evidence of Cocu snorting coke off Boris Johnson's wang!!!

53 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Bobby Reid, the scorer of the first goal on Tuesday night, is 5"7.  Kelle Roos is 6"5, with his arms above his head, approximately 8"5.  The fact that he was out jumped is the clearest indication yet that he isn't, putting it mildly, a very good goalkeeper...

The only reason I can see, as to why he continues to get a game is because he has video evidence of Cocu snorting coke off Boris Johnson's wang!!!

out jumped?  really?

50 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

He wasn’t outjumped.

reid got in behind fozzy into the space in front of him. 

Thats got to go down to Lowe. Best way to wake him up might be to stick Buchanan on the bench. We haven’t seen him since he failed to buy a round at The Joiners. 

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

out jumped?  really?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

He wasn’t outjumped.

reid got in behind fozzy into the space in front of him. 

Thats got to go down to Lowe. Best way to wake him up might be to stick Buchanan on the bench. We haven’t seen him since he failed to buy a round at The Joiners. 

Out jumped, out stretched.  With his reach he could've come for it.  

I originally thought the 2nd was crap defending, but it doesn't matter if his own defenders are in front of him, he's got a running start against those with a standing leap.  A decent keeper would have known from the ball's flight roughly where it's gonna land, and with his reach he can get something on it.  I doubt there'd have been anger from the stands if he's managed to punch it.

Archived