Kelle Roos

Bob The Badger

Not sure if anybody else felt this watching the game. But for the first goal. When that ball came in, I didn't even think they were gonna score from it. Roos came out like he was gonna take it. Then just stopped. 

Sounds like Cocu has about reached the end of his tether with Roos too.

I'd be amazed if Hamer doesn't start on Saturday.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Is it the same as goldy and bronzy?

guns baldrick GIF

You sir, are being very, very silly... however, seeing as you have posted a gif of my all time favourite poem... bar none... you are not only forgiven, but you have now firmly cemented yourself in my top 100 posters on these 'ere forums.  

Consider your post "Liked".

17 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I’ve stuck by him this season but I think it’s time to give Hamer a shot. He needs a break from the side.

Should we give Hamer a shot?

discus

7 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I take that as a compliment and it’s not uncommon.

I’ll think you’ll find the Blackadder gif is quite sensible compared to a lot of stuff on here.

Oh, my "silly" quip was aimed solely at your posted words.

The gif and/or its content was not included in that... quite the opposite in fact.  I'm a big fan of such culture.!  :-)

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

God if so sack the coaches...imo he got in when Carson was injured and stayed in for his ‘ball playing’. His poor command of his area and poor technique when coming for the ball - he waits for it, doesn’t attack it and generally is hesitant, cannot have been missed previously. 

Yeah need a new keeper coach for sure, not seen nothing that shay has done. that Pascal who Carson said is the best goalkeeping coach he's worked with... bring him back.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Hmmm not convinced by that at all.  Generally poor all over the pitch.  The first 2 goals were poor defending and poor goalkeeping.  If either had been adequate those 2 goals would have been stopped.  Having said that I think it was likely that they wold have scored from other chances

What chances? Other than the mistakes by Roos we defended well and limited them to half chances. 
You can’t lay the blame at Davies and Forsyth, both goals he’s hesitant and then the defenders don’t know what to do. I backed him for a long time but unless he can get his head right we will continue getting results like this, I think a spell on the bench might help him. It’ll give him time to focus on getting over his mistakes and hopefully come back stronger, I would like to see us try Ravas whilst we’re in this position. 

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

A bit harsh.

the first goal was more down to Lowe not stopping the cross, and fozzy freezing. 

for the second mitrovic is surrounded by defenders. He’d do well to get it.

the goals are due to the defence as a whole, not just the keeper.

Perhaps.  i could have said not assertive enough instead.  In the first goal Roos hesitates, there is no one marking the player, IMO Roos should have claimed that cross.  In the second goal he is again too tame i think, he could have gotten fingers to the ball to palm it away if he had gone forward with more intent in his own box.

36 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

What chances? Other than the mistakes by Roos we defended well and limited them to half chances. 
You can’t lay the blame at Davies and Forsyth, both goals he’s hesitant and then the defenders don’t know what to do. I backed him for a long time but unless he can get his head right we will continue getting results like this, I think a spell on the bench might help him. It’ll give him time to focus on getting over his mistakes and hopefully come back stronger, I would like to see us try Ravas whilst we’re in this position. 

goals change games or didn't you realise that, we defended poorly throughout the game

I'm not one for knocking players and I have never boo'ed but i'm afraid it's time for him to be put on the bench imo. He was shocking last night and you can tell the defenders are not confident with him there. He made a couple of saves which you would expect him to make, but overall, over the last month or so I think he's been getting worse. Is it coaching?, is it, he just isn't good enough? or has his confidence been shot by the crowd jeering him?. I'm not sure, but for me Hamer looked a better keeper when he's played.

May as well give him a chance.

imo.

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

Even so....he actually made a few good saves. 

Reminds me of David McKellar. Anyone remember him?

I do remember DMac as the young kids know him....probably.

BUT, I'd expand on what you say to this.

He reminds me of every goalkeeper we have ever had who wasn't quite up to it.

I cannot ever remember having a keeper who we'd say 'He has great ball handling skills and commands his box, but he just can't stop shots'

Here is my assumption based on nothing other than it seems to make sense.

Shot stopping ability is what gets young keepers noticed.  It's what has people ooing and ahing.

If they cannot do that part, then they don't get to learn the rest.

4 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

This isn’t a subjective discussion - it’s not about Waggy being played out of position or formations - it’s about a player who is costing us games. 

This.

Great point that I wish I'd thought of.

I'll think of it later and post it with no regard whatsoever to where I read it first. And then I shall bask in the glow.

Archived