Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve never heard him say no business this window, in fact quite the opposite. He said we need to do business and we’ve got targets planned out to do so early on. Which doesn’t seem to have happened yet.

On the academy thing, I believe he said the “target” was 50% starting players from the academy next season. 

The 50% figure was given in a radio Derby interview before the Charlton game, if not elsewhere as well.

Since then Cocu has stated that they hope to bring in 2 players  and that would contradict the 'no business' comment if it is supposedly true.

They have also spoken of players moving on as well. But there has been the late payment of players wages since Mel's radio comment, so who really knows what the state of the finances are. If we are struggling for finance one might expect some outgoings even  no new players coming in.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

All the signs point to the fact all isn't well;

1. Percy has said more than once that the investment deal will be completed by the end of December which will give Cocu funds to strengthen in Jan.

2. Cocu has said he will be strengthening the squad, he said he is willing to work with past players and loans only have value if there is a possibility of signing at the end.

3. Cocu was asked in an interview "do you know which shop you will be buying in this January" he said Yes with a nice smile on his face.

4. Cocu has said he wants his deals done early, although we may have to be patient.

5. Morris has said we have been looking at our particular signings for a while, which suggests we probably spoke to agents and clubs about availability already, so shouldn't take too long.

6. We have had countless links to Kadioglu (whatever his name is), but all of a sudden we arent interested 

7. We very nearly signed Sinclair in August, which would suggest we wanted him, now we deny we want him and ever did want him, even though Sinclair admitted the deal nearly happened in August and he was frustrated it didn't.

8. All of a sudden our only links to players now are loans, neither with a realistic chance of being made permanent, 1 currently injured and 1 returning from an injury. The Chelsea lad smacks of desperation.

Even if the investment is happening, we are currently pulling a classic Derby County January at the minute.

Why didn't you post any points that actually backup your opening assertion?

16 minutes ago, DRBee said:

The 50% figure was given in a radio Derby interview before the Charlton game, if not elsewhere as well.

Since then Cocu has stated that they hope to bring in 2 players  and that would contradict the 'no business' comment if it is supposedly true.

They have also spoken of players moving on as well. But there has been the late payment of players wages since Mel's radio comment, so who really knows what the state of the finances are. If we are struggling for finance one might expect some outgoings even  no new players coming in.

Yeah, the rumours suggest a centre half and a winger will be signed this window. We’re certainly not planning to do ni business, but I guess everything does revolve to an extent around getting the investment through finally. 

FWIW I don’t think we’ll see too many exits this window. If finances are bad we could lose Bogle to bring in some funds, but beyond that I’m not expecting more than a couple of exits.

8 minutes ago, Topram said:

The rumour that Derby's investment deal has been cancelled is untrue. Spoke to a source close to the deal last night. Tells me that, yes, it's still expected to be completed.
#dcfcfans

Paste the link to the tweet, instead of the text and it'll autopopulate and show.

58 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah, the rumours suggest a centre half and a winger will be signed this window. We’re certainly not planning to do ni business, but I guess everything does revolve to an extent around getting the investment through finally. 

FWIW I don’t think we’ll see too many exits this window. If finances are bad we could lose Bogle to bring in some funds, but beyond that I’m not expecting more than a couple of exits.

I wouldn't expect one of those to be Anya.  Here he is relaxing after training

scrooge mcduck pool GIF

This all reminds me of kids in the back seat of a car journey

Are we nearly there yet?....

5 mins later....

And that interview on Radio Derby is a classic case of people hearing what they want to hear, turns into a game of Chinese whispers which spawn these “rumours” ?

30 minutes ago, David said:

This all reminds me of kids in the back seat of a car journey

5 mins later....

And that interview on Radio Derby is a classic case of people hearing what they want to hear, turns into a game of Chinese whispers which spawn these “rumours” ?

What’s that? Did I read that we’ve got new Chinese investment coming in? A secret consortium of business men called The Whispers Group? 

2 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

What’s that? Did I read that we’ve got new Chinese investment coming in? A secret consortium of business men called The Whispers Group? 

Don’t start the ITK Chinese investment rumours again, can’t cope with all that excitement to be let down

Archived