Investment Close

LB_DCFC

Sith Happens
25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Let me help with some basic economics 

we are the 5th richest county in the world - we have a massive deficit as a nation - 

i hope that helps ! 

Derbyshire is that rich??? Duck me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Derbyshire is that rich??? Duck me.

Sorry to burst your bubble Paul, it's terrible news as the list is only of 'sporting counties'.  Through extensive research I've managed to compile the following list for future reference and  by process of elimination that makes us poorer than;

1. Newport County (Cup runs have swelled there coffers)
  2. Stockport County (Near Cheshire obvs)
  3. Ross County (Scotland so probably something to do with oil money)
  4. Nairn County (Highland League so it's possible they've just been banking the subs since 1914 or more likely Nicola Sturgeon is involved somehow) 

Depressing but at least we're still richer than Notts County.

12 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

£1.3 bn personal net worth.

I know you're normally spot on with your figures @Ramleicester, but where have you found that bit of info?

I only ask because there seems to have been a lot of discussion over what he is personally worth, with some suggesting it's a lot, lot less than that.

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Why would Mel need investment for that little though?? 

He wouldnt. They certainly wouldnt be buying a majority stake in the club as every news outlet is reporting.

If the chap who posted earlier is correct that he is using his own money then it suggests he is worth a fair amount. He has to be able to buy the club and then absorb the losses for months on end.

9 minutes ago, Gladram said:

https://www.investorsglobe.com/investors/europe/henry-gabay

This article says

"The prestigious asset manager is valued at $1.3 billion"

No idea how accurate it is

Think that’s referring to the value of Merit Capital - as in Duet bought Merit (for an undisclosed cost) but they’re “worth” $1.3bn

No idea how much Gabay is personally worth, be extremely surprised if this is publicly available.

13 minutes ago, Gladram said:

https://www.investorsglobe.com/investors/europe/henry-gabay

This article says

"The prestigious asset manager is valued at $1.3 billion"

No idea how accurate it is

I think the asset manager refers to the company Merit, which was acquired by the Duet group. Not sure of Henry Gabays net worth, is he in the Sunday Times Rich list like our Mel? 

On 04/01/2020 at 16:55, RoyMac5 said:

"...although I see Companies Hse now shows that Rams Investment Ltd (Gabay's newco) has been granted mortgages (inc PPS) by Mel's asset owning companies. Looks like the "investment" isn't entirely unsecured share capital! " This?

Sorry for slow response but I think your question has been answered lower down - Charges are not mortgages, they can, as explained very well by @reverendo de duivel cover a myriad of situations. It isn't actually logical that Mel/the club would borrow money, that isn't sharing the load or getting someone else involved, it's simply making finance more expensive!

Things are too quiet;

What us happening with the EFL Investigation into our stadium?

Is this holding up in investment?

Is it something else, seeing as Mel said they were expecting 'investment that didn't arrive as expected'

Is this holding up transfers? Cocu said after the game on Sunday he was hoping for movement this week but we may have to be patient, are we waiting on players, or finance?

I just hope we arent left in a position where we panic loan at the end of the window, like August. We have managed to claw ourselves back into contention, just, we so desperately need an injection of quality to complement Rooney, preferably for Saturdays game.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Things are too quiet;

I don't know if you've every bought a house but buying said house is a, relatively speaking, simple transaction. That process will typically take weeks or months. A multi million pound investment in a football club that has a complex ownership structure (in terms of the companies involved) will take months, no doubt. If the investment is from the hedge fund itself, that makes it even more complex as I suspect (or hope!!) that the checks and balances involved would be more onerous.

In short, chill - When something happens, I'm sure you'll know about it. You wouldn't expect the club to be giving a running commentary right?

Archived