Investment Close

LB_DCFC

The year is 2048...

Derbys promised investment is “close” to completion, and the club assure us that a new CB to replace Richard Keogh is coming in “next week”. Meanwhile, Long serving players Mason Bennett and Craig Forsyth have signed new short term contracts to help with our “transition” into a team that can get out the championship at the 40th time of asking.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/12/2019 at 17:26, Ramleicester said:

I want to know how the money will be put into the club. If it is not revenue then it does not help the FFP balance enabling players to be purchased. And we need some players!!!

One thing that I do know is that they are waiting on a final word from the EFL on the stadium issue. My colleague acting on an unrelated contract issue with DCFC in the chain and have been put on hold to 1.1.20. 

He has now been put back to 1.3.20 what he was told in December as above seems to make sense now.

Small wonder the investors were being a bit cautious. The club have not been very transparent it seems.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

The year is 2048...

Derbys promised investment is “close” to completion, and the club assure us that a new CB to replace Richard Keogh is coming in “next week”. Meanwhile, Long serving players Mason Bennett and Craig Forsyth have signed new short term contracts to help with our “transition” into a team that can get out the championship at the 40th time of asking.

Is he German as well..

This is unlikely but how about the investment deal was setup in two possible scenarios.  One where it was based on the EFL not taking further action and the other if they did. 

As the EFL ARE now taking action perhaps Gabay now buys the ground for £80m to basically say F U to the EFL by proving it was a true valuation on the basis that someone actually bought it for that amount. He owns the ground as a guarantee, we get £40m, Mel gets £40m. Or something. 

If the EFL didn’t take action then perhaps the investment would have come in a different way - equity, loans, etc  

Stranger things have happened.... 

7 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

This is unlikely but how about the investment deal was setup in two possible scenarios.  One where it was based on the EFL not taking further action and the other if they did. 

As the EFL ARE now taking action perhaps Gabay now buys the ground for £80m to basically say F U to the EFL by proving it was a true valuation on the basis that someone actually bought it for that amount. He owns the ground as a guarantee, we get £40m, Mel gets £40m. Or something. 

If the EFL didn’t take action then perhaps the investment would have come in a different way - equity, loans, etc  

Stranger things have happened.... 

If this is true Mel is given the freedom of Derby and a statue outside the ground 

Past caring about Gabay and his investment now tbh. We should hunker down, blood the young'uns, fight for a mid-table finish or better and then go again after a proper window once the FFP clock is reset end of season and we've got a few more off our books.

Right now we're stuck in limbo again as we were with Lampard and Chelsea. Doubtless Gabay will be hedging his bets and trying to squeeze the club for improved terms as we appear on the back foot for the moment. He's a banker after all! Whilst conceding that is his prerogative,I'd be disinclined to deal with him if this is the case. Put your money where your mouth is now Mr Gabay, or risk losing the deal completely when we are cleared of any wrongdoing as I am confident we shall be. We'll still have Wazza and a bunch of kids soon to be worth millions a piece and you'll be left thinking what might have been. There are other fish in the sea.

To be honest, if I were a potential investor, I’d be running a mile.

So it’s not a surprise this investment deal is becoming protracted in nature.

You can have all the money in the world, but if you don’t have the right people in the right places with the right competencies and the right strategies, you are not going to get anywhere.

Based on what has transpired over the last five years at our club where financial management, the performance of key people in key positions, player recruitment, player contracts, player growth and development, club culture, and public relations are all concerned, if it was my money, I’d be steering well clear of us.

Mel has poured hundreds of millions into the club and we have arguably gone backwards. It’s a cautionary tale for investors. And especially at the moment, I don’t think anyone would describe us as ‘a club on the up’. I just don’t see the attraction for investors at the moment, to be brutally honest. 

People have suggested Cocu needs to bring in his own players and rebuild the squad before we can seriously consider challenging for promotion again. With FFP still hanging over us, that will become more and more challenging to do.

Who knows how long it could be before we are in a position to challenge for promotion again? 2021-22, perhaps?

The real money is in the Premier League, so why would you want to invest now? You’d be throwing your money into a sinkhole. Sad but true.

Archived