Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/01/2020 at 10:44, ThePrisoner said:

Paste the link to the tweet, instead of the text and it'll autopopulate and show.

Also - @derbycountyblog just tweeted that his latest follower (today) is Henry Gabay.

It would be a weird waste of time to follow a prominent DCFC blogger if the deal was dead eh?

22 hours ago, Rampage said:

I used to live at 32 Investment Close but I moved to Chaddo to be nearer the Stadium. I now live in Premier Close.

so it's not just me!  every time I read the thread title it clicks as an address.  ?

hopefully let's avoid administration avenue

On 09/01/2020 at 16:48, CornwallRam said:

I'm not sure that Ryan Conway would be privy to any real information. We know that cash flow was tight last month. Most people with a financial relationship with the club will now be watching carefully. Any more dodgy financial information and the club will find its lines of credit squeezed, whether that's banks, suppliers or contractors. 

The few people who know anything will be being careful to paint a rosy picture. If all is well, Conway will have been told that the investment is still on track. If it has fallen through, he will have been told that that it's still on track. If the latter is the case, I reckon the first we'll hear is Mel announcing it, whilst also telling everyone that he's putting more cash in to stabilise things.

Do we?

How do we know this?

21 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Strange question from an accountant. I assume you must have missed that there wasn't enough cash to pay the player's wages last month. Mel said himself that he had to write a cheque to cover the wages.

Not that strange, not seen it said anywhere by anyone that it was to do with cash flow.

Only seen it being related to the investment not being forthcoming. 

MM has been writing the cheques to cover the wages for a few years now.

I'd say it is more strange that you have assumed that lines of credit are going to be squeezed based on wages being paid 1 day late!

More likely the delay was because it was expected monies would be paid out of one of the new companies set up for ownership. When the deal didn’t happen it was too late to alter the payments set up due to New Year bank holiday. Incredible how people suddenly think Mel is short of a shilling....

On 09/01/2020 at 11:59, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the month if the investment is still not signed off. If we pay the players late again there is no "oh it was a bank holiday" excuse to fall back on this time and alarm bells will start ringing.

It will be even more "interesting" if they don't get paid at the end of Feb, March and April too!  Might even be some redundancies in the club shop/ticket office/some offices somewhere?

...or... we could just wait to see what happens, instead of trying to see into the future, even though our balls aren't made of crystal!

Investment Close

always reads to me like the name of some daft road on an industrial estate or business park.

millenium way, pride parkway, enterprise Way......investment close 

Archived