Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JayRam1 said:

Something’s obviously not quite right with the investment, it was supposed to be concluded last year. I’ve got a funny feeling it’s not going to happen personally.

I have concerns over the potential investor anyway. Don’t ask me why, just think it won’t be worthwhile 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Well that's that then! Cancel the investment, Josh thinks it's a bad idea!

I never said it’s a bad idea. I said it doesn’t sound anything special, which a few posters have said. Innit.

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

I never said it’s a bad idea. I said it doesn’t sound anything special, which a few posters have said. Innit.

Based on what? None of us know any of the details. That's my issue with people making comments, none of us know the ins or outs of the deal. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Based on what? None of us know any of the details. That's my issue with people making comments, none of us know the ins or outs of the deal. 

Looking at the accounts, reading other people’s comments who are more clued up to finances. Look through the comments. It’s my opinion, I hope I’m wrong. Hope the guy pumps millions into us. 

Just my personal hunch.

I dont think this initial investment will be massive, I think it will be a foot in the door, a bit like Mel did when he first got involved while GSE were here.

I can see some sort of stadium name change coming at some point through a contact of Gabay (Swiss Bank Arena has a ring to it).

There will be gradual increase in investment each year and if we ever reached the promised land then Gabay will call on his little black book of billionaires and the real fun will begin.

The initial investment will just buy Mel some time, gives him a bit of his cash back and halves the burden of paying the losses each month.

Just my total guess.

22 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I know you're normally spot on with your figures @Ramleicester, but where have you found that bit of info?

I only ask because there seems to have been a lot of discussion over what he is personally worth, with some suggesting it's a lot, lot less than that.

He has a listing in various angel investor directories which give some strong data. His pedigree is very good that is for sure you dont start some of the funds and investment houses he has without being very smart.

Keep in mind, much as several posters have rightly said, that any 'personal wealth' would be structured in such a way that would be very hard to tie down. His Swiss heritage makes him a very private chap (they hate paying tax).

Data on him indicates that his direct control of assests that could be considered 'his' is in that region of over £1bn. On top of that he 'influences'  a much broader pot of investment cash. He is a very different animal to Mel who has a clearly defined personal fortune. This man controls / owns a vast range of investment sources but a lot will be hard to pin directly on him.

Suffice to say he is rich enough.

I think people need to relax, and not expect too much.

My best guess, and it's only that.

The deals done, but it's not going to lead to a supermarket sweep type splurge, more a continuation of present spending levels, with a different party than Mel covering our ongoing losses in return for an equity share, on an ongoing basis over the medium term.

This was the basis on which Mel became involved again, I don't see this scenario as being any different, although the rules have changed to allow heavier investment.

I could be completely wide of the mark, but it seems the most likely scenario.

35 minutes ago, Josh said:

Looking at the accounts, reading other people’s comments who are more clued up to finances. Look through the comments. It’s my opinion, I hope I’m wrong. Hope the guy pumps millions into us. 

Everything posted on here regarding Mr Gabays net worth is complete nonsense that people are just taking a blind guess at. Nobody on here actually knows anything - we don't even know for sure that Gabay is the only one investing - hell we don't actually know for certain what form his investment will take.

A monkey could daub random patterns on a cave wall in his own excrement and it would be just as likely to be correct as some of the things posted in this thread.

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

...I can see some sort of stadium name change coming at some point through a contact of Gabay (Swiss Bank Arena has a ring to it)...

No Thanks.  It'll take all of 5 minutes for the Gumps to come up with something rhymy, sweary, and... well... not very nice at all!   ?

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Things are too quiet;

What us happening with the EFL Investigation into our stadium?

Is this holding up in investment?

On behalf of this whole damn forum will you please just chill ??

Just let things run their course. Nothing you can do to change any of it. These things take time ?

If you want cheering up, have a gander through Henry Gabay's likes on Twitter. Clear to see he is now a Ram ?

52 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just my personal hunch.

I dont think this initial investment will be massive, I think it will be a foot in the door, a bit like Mel did when he first got involved while GSE were here.

I can see some sort of stadium name change coming at some point through a contact of Gabay (Swiss Bank Arena has a ring to it).

There will be gradual increase in investment each year and if we ever reached the promised land then Gabay will call on his little black book of billionaires and the real fun will begin.

The initial investment will just buy Mel some time, gives him a bit of his cash back and halves the burden of paying the losses each month.

Just my total guess.

Your mind must go in overdrive. You have a lot of thoughts. 

46 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Just let things run their course. Nothing you can do to change any of it. These things take time ?

If you want cheering up, have a gander through Henry Gabay's likes on Twitter. Clear to see he is now a Ram ?

So i looked at the likes and the Rams feature quite prominently, interesting... The only other likes about football relate to a certain Leo Messi, now we are talking ?

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

I tend to find mass hysteria and blind panic work wonders for passing the time.

I have no information or expertise on this matter but thought I would say what I think is going to happen, as everyone else seems to be working on the same basis.

Something might happen at some point.

You heard it here first.

Archived