Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 hours ago, lrm14 said:

I hope Shinnie puts in another performance like he did at Luton. It would be nice to have a proper ballwinner in midfield again, especially for away games. Feel like it's been ages since we've had one.

Shinnie did well but didn't get a kick for the first 30 mins of the second half when they controlled the game. The whole team needs to be way better tomorrow if we are to get anything out of this one.....

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Shinnie did well but didn't get a kick for the first 30 mins of the second half when they controlled the game. The whole team needs to be way better tomorrow if we are to get anything out of this one.....

If you look at the form table, Charlton are sitting 18th. Their form has dropped right off after a good start. 

A draw is always a good result away from home, and id be happy with that. But a win is more likely than you might think by glancing at the table. 

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yeah... I wish Derby had managed to pick up 4 points from our last 5 games too.

No need for sarcasm, it doesn't really that work well on a forum.

OK, I didn't make my point that well, but my inference was that Charlton have been better than us so far this season, in my honest opinion.   

I hadn't watched that little bit of the Derby players naming their "funniest, hard man, best dress sense" etc. teammate - but it just came on at HT in the U23 game; and everyone very quickly and unanimously named FloJo as our most skillful player.
Maybe thats a clue as to why he keeps getting into the team, produces differently in training than he does in the first team. Confidence, as many have often thought?

I'd like to see something go right for him just to see if he built on it at all.

43 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I hadn't watched that little bit of the Derby players naming their "funniest, hard man, best dress sense" etc. teammate - but it just came on at HT in the U23 game; and everyone very quickly and unanimously named FloJo as our most skillful player.

I thought at first that they were saying Lowe was our most skillful player. It was only when I listened to it again that I realized it was Flo.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Maybe thats a clue as to why he keeps getting into the team, produces differently in training than he does in the first team. Confidence, as many have often thought?

I'd like to see something go right for him just to see if he built on it at all.

All comes down to confidence. I remember on his debut commenting on here that it was amazing to finally see a winger take a man on and win. What happened to that player?

5 hours ago, lrm14 said:

I hope Shinnie puts in another performance like he did at Luton. It would be nice to have a proper ballwinner in midfield again, especially for away games. Feel like it's been ages since we've had one.

Shinnie and Bielik just feels right somehow. As a midfield pair, its the combination you often look for. 

Much as we were blessed with midfield riches under McClaren, we've not really had that specific combination of talents in the middle since Seth and Oakley. 

Oh I really hope it works out for them both. Could be a classic partnership. 

"I've got a cold, I've got a cold, I'm on the lemsips, and I've got a cold".............my early morning singing, isn't really going down too well with me or anyone else at the moment, maybe I should try the one about Halls Originals or better still, I might give the world the full version of the Cherry Tunes in a minute...........

"sneeze...in a minute.....I'm going to sneeze in a minute........aghhhhhh...chooooooooo!"

Up The Rams...........

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

"I've got a cold, I've got a cold, I'm on the lemsips, and I've got a cold".............my early morning singing, isn't really going down too well with me or anyone else at the moment, maybe I should try the one about Halls Originals or better still, I might give the world the full version of the Cherry Tunes in a minute...........

"sneeze...in a minute.....I'm going to sneeze in a minute........aghhhhhh...chooooooooo!"

Up The Rams...........

Is your throat such that you're giving it the full Barry White inverurie? ?

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think Derby can win tomorrow close in on play off place and on forest so bring on chaltion tomorrow I will be there lead the charge.

Have a good day,  hope you are feeling okay.

16 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I've been saying this for weeks while others around me rant about him, Josefzoon is massively short on confidence. Against Luton, he tried at one point to dribble past a few players into their box and when it didn't come off I remarked that he wouldn't even try it again all game... he subsequently didn't. He needs to be like Tom Ince where he's trying that stuff all the time; it will only come off 5/6 times out of 10 but when it does it creates dangerous opportunities. Otherwise he isn't using any of his best traits- pace, skill etc and so he doesn't offer too much to the team. He probably needs a goal and then a proper run in the team if he's to start showing anywhere near his potential.

On 18/10/2019 at 11:33, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Roos

Bogle      Davies    Clarke     Lowe

Bielik     Shinnie

Holmes         Paterson     Waghorn

Martin

On 18/10/2019 at 12:17, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I imagine Cocu will go with Waghorn on the right, Lawrence on the left and Holmes on the bench. Probably Malone at LB as well. 

Was right about Cocu's selection. I do wish Lowe was starting though.

Archived