• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos

Bogle Davies Clarke  Lowe

Bielik   Shinnie

Waghorn  Paterson   Holmes

Martin

Three players behind Martin to match Charlton’s workrate and intensity and the two wide men to help Bogle and Lowe defensively when they push on to attack. A solid platform in midfield with Bielik and Shinnie. 

Really tough game this, I’d take a point now. With that in mind, I’d stick 4231 here:

Hamer

Bogle Davies Clarke Malone

Bielik Shinnie

Holmes Paterson Waghorn

Martin

Return to the front 4 that linked up well against Barnsley and brum, albeit setup differently. Leave shinnie and Bielik to try and provide that shield.

My first away game of the season and a new ground for me. Cant wait.

Charlton are looking very well organised this season and have beaten some decent sides (although I heard Leeds actually beat themselves...??). I'd be happy with a point.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Really tough game this, I’d take a point now. With that in mind, I’d stick 4231 here:

Hamer

Bogle Davies Clarke Malone

Bielik Shinnie

Holmes Paterson Waghorn

Martin

Return to the front 4 that linked up well against Barnsley and brum, albeit setup differently. Leave shinnie and Bielik to try and provide that shield.

Waiting on news of bielik, thought he was struggling before the ‘cramp’

40 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Waiting on news of bielik, thought he was struggling before the ‘cramp’

39 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Cocu said after the match it was just cramp and he’s fit for international duty, so should be fit for this unless he picks up another injury.

I assume this message was asking about the injury.

32 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

See many teams without Lawrence ? Laughable really after his fantastic performance against Luton ! Waghorn for Josefzoon the only change for me ?

The team shouldnt have changed after Birmingham. There was no reason for Lawrence to go straight back in the team - he hadn't had a good game since Huddersfield before the Luton game. Performances don't really seem to have any meaning in the team sheets we see week to week. Hope Shinnie manages to keep his place, but i don't really care if Lawrence is in the squad or not.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The team shouldnt have changed after Birmingham. There was no reason for Lawrence to go straight back in the team - he hadn't had a good game since Huddersfield before the Luton game. Performances don't really seem to have any meaning in the team sheets we see week to week. Hope Shinnie manages to keep his place, but i don't really care if Lawrence is in the squad or not.

I thought the link between Martin and Lawrence was one of the plus points yesterday 

I think an awful lot of us would like to see a decent chunk of Martin with Marriott ( could be interesting when Rooney turns up behind them) 

in fact what it could look like at times 

Roos 

bogle Davies  Clarke Malone/lowe

Belick Shinnie 

waghorn rooney Lawrence 

Martin/Marriott 

10 hours ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

I thought the link between Martin and Lawrence was one of the plus points yesterday 

Thats the point i'm trying to make though. Previous performances seem to have very little meaning when we pick the squad. Tom is apparently undroppable even if he has multiple bad performances in a row, so i wouldn't worry too much about him not starting. He is almost guaranteed a spot in the 11 regardless of what he does on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Thats the point i'm trying to make though. Previous performances seem to have very little meaning when we pick the squad. Tom is apparently undroppable even if he has multiple bad performances in a row, so i wouldn't worry too much about him not starting. He is almost guaranteed a spot in the 11 regardless of what he does on the pitch.

Think you're mixing up Tom Lawrence with Tom Huddlestone.

10 hours ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

Did see them two have a bit of an argument at one point first half. Seemed to stem from Lawrence not passing it, and Lawrence pointing out there was literally no movement.

56 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I don’t think Tom Huddlestone has bad performances but he has slow performances which in turn slows everything down for everyone else which is fine if we are 2 or 3 goals in front but frustrating in other circumstances 

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Agreed just thought i could see something that might work, also a way using a diamond to get Marriott in the side when fit with Lawrence playing behind the front two and Paterson and Holmes wide.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Did see them two have a bit of an argument at one point first half. Seemed to stem from Lawrence not passing it, and Lawrence pointing out there was literally no movement.

Not necessarily a bad thing shows they care.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Nope. Both seemed undroppable though regardless of how poor they were. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t think Tom Huddlestone has bad performances but he has slow performances which in turn slows everything down for everyone else which is fine if we are 2 or 3 goals in front but frustrating in other circumstances 

My post refers to Tom Lawrence.

1 hour ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

Agreed just thought i could see something that might work, also a way using a diamond to get Marriott in the side when fit with Lawrence playing behind the front two and Paterson and Holmes wide.

I wouldn't drop Lawrence after Luton since he played well. It just seems strange to me that the rest of our attack regularly changes so far this season, but he is immune. If we settle on a front 4 that gets the best out of Lawrence then that is great. I can't see why we persist with him on the wing either - if he is going to play he should be in the middle as you suggest. Pato and Holmes would work on the wings.

Archived