Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

On 14/10/2019 at 12:20, CharltonFan said:

Charlton fan here in peace!

Just signed up to have a chat with you guys and gauge thoughts on the game.

Looking forward to our old boys Hamer and Bielik back at The Valley. I hear that maybe Bielik will not feature, and it seems like Hamer doesn't get much game-time so may not see them at all! would be nice to thank Bielik for Wembley though.

I watch your vlogger Alex Allen a lot, loved it when you turned over Leeds in the playoffs... a game I'll never forget.

We have beaten some good teams so far this season, but Derby appear to be turning a corner. I personally think the team just isn't what it was last season with your loanees back at parent clubs. And what does Jack Mariott have to do to get a start?! Always rated him and shocked he doesn't get more game time. We're confident of getting something from this one, can see a 2-0 maybe 2-1.

Anyway, I'm probably rambling a bit now. Nice to meet you all, and best of luck for Saturday.... just don't enjoy the game too much ?

Bad news for you guys he has been passed fit to play and bogle too.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CharltonFan said:

He had a 3 game touchline ban last season, and we went undefeated during those... winning 2. Hopefully will be the same this time around.

Angerstein is usually the dedicated away fan pub mate, Westcombe Park is the nearest station. About 20min walk to the ground from there.

Isn't Charlton Station nearer to the valley?

On 14/10/2019 at 13:20, CharltonFan said:

Charlton fan here in peace!

Just signed up to have a chat with you guys and gauge thoughts on the game.

Looking forward to our old boys Hamer and Bielik back at The Valley. I hear that maybe Bielik will not feature, and it seems like Hamer doesn't get much game-time so may not see them at all! would be nice to thank Bielik for Wembley though.

I watch your vlogger Alex Allen a lot, loved it when you turned over Leeds in the playoffs... a game I'll never forget.

We have beaten some good teams so far this season, but Derby appear to be turning a corner. I personally think the team just isn't what it was last season with your loanees back at parent clubs. And what does Jack Mariott have to do to get a start?! Always rated him and shocked he doesn't get more game time. We're confident of getting something from this one, can see a 2-0 maybe 2-1.

Anyway, I'm probably rambling a bit now. Nice to meet you all, and best of luck for Saturday.... just don't enjoy the game too much ?

Charlton have done well so far and are probably in better form than we are, in terms of performances and results. Hope we can get an away point, we have drawn a lot of games. If it does go to form however Charlton could probably get the win. Difficult to predict the Rams at present, Cocu has been making changes, some due to injuries, but also trying to find his best starting eleven. Best of luck for Saturday !

10 hours ago, europia said:

Charlton have done well so far and are probably in better form than we are, in terms of performances and results. Hope we can get an away point, we have drawn a lot of games. If it does go to form however Charlton could probably get the win. Difficult to predict the Rams at present, Cocu has been making changes, some due to injuries, but also trying to find his best starting eleven. Best of luck for Saturday !

Yeah... I wish Derby had managed to pick up 4 points from our last 5 games too.

6 minutes ago, CharltonFan said:

Do bear in mind mate we've played Swansea, Leeds and Fulham in the last 3 games, and got 4 points. Arguably the three best teams in this league

It’s early in the Season, if you are coming on the forum to brag about how fantastic Charlton are, at least do this at the start of next year 

11 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

It’s early in the Season, if you are coming on the forum to brag about how fantastic Charlton are, at least do this at the start of next year 

I'm not sure his post/posts should be classed as bragging. Seems to have given a fair and balanced view of Saturdays game imho. 

Hamer

Bogle         Davies         Clarke        Malone

Bielik          Shinnie

Paterson      Holmes     Lawrence

Martin

Roos

Bogle      Davies    Clarke     Lowe

Bielik     Shinnie

Holmes         Paterson     Waghorn

Martin

Maybe Lawrence for Waghorn, but I think it helps to have someone to stand up to Charlton physically.

37 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Roos

Bogle      Davies    Clarke     Lowe

Bielik     Shinnie

Holmes         Paterson     Waghorn

Martin

Maybe Lawrence for Waghorn, but I think it helps to have someone to stand up to Charlton physically.

This is a difficult call. The "back seven" and Chrissy I fully agree with, but which 3 from Holmes, Paterson, Waghorn and Lawrence is a tough decision, particularly as Lawrence did well against Luton last time out. I guess we will just have to trust Phil, who sees them every day in training.

1 minute ago, OohMartWright said:

This is a difficult call. The "back seven" and Chrissy I fully agree with, but which 3 from Holmes, Paterson, Waghorn and Lawrence is a tough decision, particularly as Lawrence did well against Luton last time out. I guess we will just have to trust Phil, who sees them every day in training.

I imagine Cocu will go with Waghorn on the right, Lawrence on the left and Holmes on the bench. Probably Malone at LB as well. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I imagine Cocu will go with Waghorn on the right, Lawrence on the left and Holmes on the bench. Probably Malone at LB as well. 

I wouldn't have a problem with any of that. Would prefer Lowe at LB, particularly as he covered so well at RB out of position and would be expected to do at least as well on his correct side, but Malone is OK too.

A couple of interesting facts from the BBC today:

Derby have lost just three of their past 23 regular league matches (W9 D11 L3) and are unbeaten in five Championship games (W2 D3).

Derby have won none of their last 10 away league games in London (D7 L3) since a 1-0 win over QPR in December 2016.

Archived