Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Was right about Cocu's selection. I do wish Lowe was starting though.

Definitely would have opted for Lowe over Malone. I feel like Lowe did a brilliant job at right back and deserves a fair shot at the starting left back. I thought he played well there vs Barnsley.

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Looks about the strongest team we could field.

If we get any more injuries/suspensions in defence midfield we will be in a bit of bother.

It's that balance between big squad and managing the wage bill again. 

Lowe/wisdom/Forsyth means our defence is covered. Evans is getting back to fitness and we could pull Sibley/Bird if we lost Shinnie/Bielik. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Jack Marriott is one of the most talented useless players we have had in years

I think Kris Commons is the only one that betters him.

Yep has the potential talent wise but whether he has it between the ears is to make it count is in the balance

22 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Definitely would have opted for Lowe over Malone. I feel like Lowe did a brilliant job at right back and deserves a fair shot at the starting left back. I thought he played well there vs Barnsley.

To be fair when malone does something wrong he gets dropped and Lowe will need to take his chance when it properly appears rather than just actually resting Malone ( I am not an actual Malone fan either) 

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I assume he was more referring to him being constantly injured as Commons was.

There’s a good few players who let niggles keep them out and some who pick up lots because they don’t train right , not saying this is Marriott but as I say there’s stuff still in the balance for me at this point , you also have lots of players who are so determined to be the best they can be they are only ever out if a major injury hits them

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

To be fair when malone does something wrong he gets dropped and Lowe will need to take his chance when it properly appears rather than just actually resting Malone ( I am not an actual Malone fan either) 

But why was Lowe dropped after Barnsley? He didn't do anything wrong that night.

21 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I assume he was more referring to him being constantly injured as Commons was.

I just assumed we had got bored of the lawrence and Bennett saga and had moved on to someone else.

Archived