Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

We've been in there final third more than they've been in ours, too.

My point is that the total time either team has been in the opposition's final third will certainly equal less than a minute. ? 

Have we had any chances yet? Only just started listening

Bielik dallies on the ball in the centre of the pitch - gets leant off the ball and a good Roos save stops us going 2-0 down.

Corner to Charlton. Cleared by Bielik + Shinnie.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Have we had any chances yet? Only just started listening

No.

Just got near their area again, and Waghorn tried to knock it past a defender and run onto it. Clearly forgetting he has the speed of a tree stump. Easily defended.

1 minute ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Still giving cocu until next season - but Im starting to get less and sold on it

I’m inclined to agree mate 

this passive football is not the answer in this league 

we Pass the ball between our non ball playing centre backs til we run out of ideas then give it away in a dangerous position 

teams set traps for this sort of thing and subsequently we are so easy to set up against 

more to the point we also gift wrap goals 

One thing I'm highly critical from what I've seen is our lad's reaction times - its basically the cause of all of our struggles so far, both in attack and defense.

That aint on Cocu. "I need you to react to things more slowly" is not a tactical instruction ? 

2 minutes ago, Rambam said:

We seem to have a habit of making no chances away from goal. Get Holmes involved.

I prefer those chances near the goal myself anyway. 

Derby play around the Charlton area is sharp but cant find a way through. Ball rolls out to Bielik who hits it, but its not too powerful and very central. Easily caught.

A shot, nonetheless. 

Archived