Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Get the feeling they can do no right here?

Just yesterday it was that they hadn't apologised and the club has let them off.

Now Mason hasn't apologised in the way we all expected. We expected it written in crayon on the back of an envelope with spelling errors. 

And the club have fined them an easily affordable 6 weeks wages which as we all know is nothing to a footballer. 6 weeks without pay only hurts if you live in a council house and are on the dole

Maybe Lawrence has written  an apology and they are going to get Jamie Thrasivoulou to read it out before the match?

It was midnight and I'd been drinking, 

As usual my attitude was stinking,

My driving was at the least to say rash, 

Then came the inevitable crash,

The fans have always thought I'm a bad egg,

Only worse now I've ruined the captains leg,

The club have stuck by me and let me get back on the ball,

So I thought I'd take this chance to sorry to you all.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe Lawrence has written  an apology and they are going to get Jamie Thrasivoulou to read it out before the match?

"WE... ARE... SOBER..."

26 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Never said he wa but I reckon the club think they are the one dealing out punishment... I think the owd British law system might ay summat ta say abart that. 

Comment was meant for wider consumption referring to the numerous previous posts advocating sacking both of them 

Anyone (yes, me included) faced with a notice of intended prosecution following a traffic incident, knows that any apology or comment can be used as an admission of guilt. 

Of course Mason will have been advised on how to frame this but I can recognise sincerity in parts that he composed himself.

I say we should accept it for what it is, let the young man 'move on', and let the justice system take its due course.

Only a personal observation, not meant to incite pointless debate.

I have no feeling either way. Words are cheap.

Releasing statements is easy  ...whoever wrote it, makes no odds to me. Long-term actions are what I will judge them on.

Still can't fathom the stupidity and moronic attitude to their profession, saying they regret it is hardly a personal awakening as clearly their actions were reprehensible to anyone with an ounce of sense. 

Harsh maybe, but I don't judge them by the same standards as the general public or a friend...to whom I would possibly say 'you were really daft, and pretty bloody lucky' and move on.

They represent the club I support, their actions affect my chances of watching my club get promoted, they seem to symbolise the state of the team...and it doesn't look good to me. I would rather we waited til after the court case...and then decided.

I claim no high moral ground, am not a moral crusader, I just see things through the lens of supporting the club and I would rather they weren't around at least until the dust has settled.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought I was

The poem making King

But I've just handed my rhymin' prize to him!

43 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Just yesterday it was that they hadn't apologised and the club has let them off.

Now Mason hasn't apologised in the way we all expected. We expected it written in crayon on the back of an envelope with spelling errors. 

And the club have fined them an easily affordable 6 weeks wages which as we all know is nothing to a footballer. 6 weeks without pay only hurts if you live in a council house and are on the dole

Release the statement Monday, why didn’t they release it before Luton?

Fine the players to the maximum they are allowed and issue club community service, should have been sacked, should have volunteered community service.

Sack the players, fall foul of FFP, receive points deduction, issued fine, watch them join rival clubs, get promoted, why did we sack them when other clubs have stood by their players?

I haven’t really said much on this situation as it’s a mess, a real mess and I still don’t really intend to as I get fans are frustrated, angry, feeling sick to have this associated with the club and using this platform to vent. 

I just feel that it should be entirely focused on the 3 individuals that should have known better, should have been more responsible professional athletes regardless of what situation they are thrown in to, be it an open bar or a kids party at McDonalds. That’s where my anger lies 100%.

@Mafiabob has some great vlogs on accepting responsibility, the bookies didn’t make him bet, the bookies didn’t hold him hostage and force him to write betting slips, he made those choices, poor choices which cost his family dearly. Fair play to the guy, he held his hands up, took full responsibility and luckily his family forgave him and look at the work he’s putting in now to help others, try and saving them from making the same mistake and that’s what I want to see from these players. Using this community service they have been given to accept responsibility.

Forgiveness will come at different times for us all, if at all, but until then there is a squad of players out at this club which do not deserve to play in a toxic atmosphere, completely and utterly blameless in all this. 

I’m not sure I feel comfortable joining in with any chants of their names yet as you have to earn that right to have 30,000 fans singing your name and they lost that the minute they got into those cars. It’s still very very raw and will be for a while yet, but what I won’t do today is bring any anger, any frustration I have in me for those involved which will assist in any negative atmosphere that is attempted by pockets of the crowd today.

This team is more than those 3 players and they do not deserve to suffer because of the actions of others, we the fans do not deserve to suffer watching our team at home, our team struggle to lift their heads and play their game in a toxic environment. This is our home, second home to many, let’s do our jobs and get behind this team and hopefully 3 points.

Did not expect to go on like this, guess you can call it venting. I’m outta here now, need to get showered, dog ready and myself then on the road, first home game of the season for myself, stars have finally aligned. Can’t wait to see that Welcome to Derby sign.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/06/ramstv-meetsshane-nicholson-part-1

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/06/ramstv-meetsshane-nicholson-part-2

Thought it would be good for a few people to watch these two videos (Lawrence and Bennett included). A talented footballer who made mistakes, paid for them at the time although not as much as he should have done when listening to him. Clearly he has repented and should be used as an example. Bloody love Shinner. Liked him as a footballer without knowing many of the details obviously, but think he is by far the best summariser we've had both on RamsTV and BBC Radio Derby.

22 minutes ago, David said:

Release the statement Monday, why didn’t they release it before Luton?

Fine the players to the maximum they are allowed and issue club community service, should have been sacked, should have volunteered community service.

Sack the players, fall foul of FFP, receive points deduction, issued fine, watch them join rival clubs, get promoted, why did we sack them when other clubs have stood by their players?

I haven’t really said much on this situation as it’s a mess, a real mess and I still don’t really intend to as I get fans are frustrated, angry, feeling sick to have this associated with the club and using this platform to vent. 

I just feel that it should be entirely focused on the 3 individuals that should have known better, should have been more responsible professional athletes regardless of what situation they are thrown in to, be it an open bar or a kids party at McDonalds. That’s where my anger lies 100%.

@Mafiabob has some great vlogs on accepting responsibility, the bookies didn’t make him bet, the bookies didn’t hold him hostage and force him to write betting slips, he made those choices, poor choices which cost his family dearly. Fair play to the guy, he held his hands up, took full responsibility and luckily his family forgave him and look at the work he’s putting in now to help others, try and saving them from making the same mistake and that’s what I want to see from these players. Using this community service they have been given to accept responsibility.

Forgiveness will come at different times for us all, if at all, but until then there is a squad of players out at this club which do not deserve to play in a toxic atmosphere, completely and utterly blameless in all this. 

I’m not sure I feel comfortable joining in with any chants of their names yet as you have to earn that right to have 30,000 fans singing your name and they lost that the minute they got into those cars. It’s still very very raw and will be for a while yet, but what I won’t do today is bring any anger, any frustration I have in me for those involved which will assist in any negative atmosphere that is attempted by pockets of the crowd today.

This team is more than those 3 players and they do not deserve to suffer because of the actions of others, we the fans do not deserve to suffer watching our team at home, our team struggle to lift their heads and play their game in a toxic environment. This is our home, second home to many, let’s do our jobs and get behind this team and hopefully 3 points.

Did not expect to go on like this, guess you can call it venting. I’m outta here now, need to get showered, dog ready and myself then on the road, first home game of the season for myself, stars have finally aligned. Can’t wait to see that Welcome to Derby sign.

Dave ... Hilda sez does tha want a hug ... she'll gi thee one either wi teeth in or out .. she sez its upto ya

58 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

I don't like Bennett's statement. There's a comma in the wrong place in one sentence so it doesn't scan right. Perhaps he did write it himself...

"At 23 I am old enough, and I was brought up, to know better."

It's either missing a comma:

"At 23 I am old enough, and, I was brought up, to know better."

Or the comma shouldn't be there:

"At 23 I am old enough and I was brought up, to know better."

Or I think it should've gone here:

"At 23, I am old enough and I was brought up, to know better."

80 hours of lines for Bizzle!

"I must not drive after consuming alcohol, and, I must practice my grammar."

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's either missing a comma:

"At 23 I am old enough, and, I was brought up, to know better."

Or the comma shouldn't be there:

"At 23 I am old enough and I was brought up, to know better."

Or I think it should've gone here:

"At 23, I am old enough and I was brought up, to know better."

80 hours of lines for Bizzle!

It’s practise * not practice ! 

9 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Very kind of Hilda, but please don't call him Dave. He doesn't like it when you call him Dave

angry thor ragnarok GIF

Dav? Big D ? Ay that reminds mi o when I wa at school .. one o girls used ta be called Big D or wha that big DD? I carnt remember nah     ..... she wa a big girl .. but she wa top half only ... I used ta meet her half round on mi paper round ... she had one too. 

11 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Dav? Big D ? Ay that reminds mi o when I wa at school .. one o girls used ta be called Big D or wha that big DD? I carnt remember nah     ..... she wa a big girl .. but she wa top half only ... I used ta meet her half round on mi paper round ... she had one too. 

Does Hilda know of this?

Archived