Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

?

EFAIUNcX4Ac-Lho?format=png&name=medium

Leeds really are the kings of xG without reflecting it in their real world results. Digging further, the last time a team recorded an xG equal to them in a game - let alone higher than them - was Birmingham 17 matches ago. In those 17 games they've lost 6 and drawn 3, which accounts for over half of their results not being wins. It's inexplicable, really, that they can be so bad at finishing across the whole team, and so liable to conceding soft goals, when they're so demonstrably dominant in all other aspects of play.

1 minute ago, JfR said:

Leeds really are the kings of xG without reflecting it in their real world results. Digging further, the last time a team recorded an xG equal to them in a game - let alone higher than them - was Birmingham 17 matches ago. In those 17 games they've lost 6 and drawn 3, which accounts for over half of their results not being wins. It's inexplicable, really, that they can be so bad at finishing across the whole team, and so liable to conceding soft goals, when they're so demonstrably dominant in all other aspects of play.

Inexplicable or hilarious? 

6 hours ago, LazloW said:

Just wondering; before kick off, was anybody in any doubt that Leeds were a better team than us?

Notwithstanding the play-off heroics, they mullered us three times last season.  They have also kept their manager, started today with the bulk of the team that was there last season, have been playing well and were at home. Oh, and they were after blood.

We have lost arguably our best three players - and unfortunately thus far it doesn’t look like the replacements are as good, lost a couple of other potential regulars, have some injuries and we have (yet another) new manager who, I think obviously , is still finding his way.   We have been patchy to say the least (and that is probably being a bit kind!).   

While you always want to perform as well as possible, anybody who thought today was going to be easy was probably kidding themselves.  In the context of this match, a smash and grab point is absolutely marvelous.  

Now, again thus far, I am slightly concerned that Cocu is another manager who seems comfortable with the opposition having the ball.  If this is the case (and today wasn’t just a case of being completely outplayed) then we’re going to have a lot of games where we look poor.  This is very Rowett-esque.  It may end up being effective, but I don’t like to watch it.  Hopefully, GIVEN TIME, he’ll get us playing the positive, high tempo, progressive footy we (I?) want to see.

BUT... if every time we play poorly, or look like losing, people start kicking off (again) then nobody will ever get any time and we’ll be where we are now forever and a day.

Just stop it with the voice of reason stuff. Toe the line here. We were poo, which made the opposition look good.

And don't forget, when we play well, it's because the opposition were poo.

21 minutes ago, JfR said:

I don't understand any of that.

2 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Well according to these two in the unibet tops.

"eh, Keogh, a per per, a magnifico, bella bella, eh bummer a fordeo, no penalty oh, dive, diveo, Maxo lowo unlucky O, Chrissy Martino..nineteeno..SCORCHIO"..............

"el chico de la salchicha no scorio"

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

If I saw it correctly, I think Malone was getting stick from some Rams fans again today and was on camera when he gave his unequivocal reply...?

The 2 times I saw him on camera mouthing off in the first half, once was to Zoon for not tracking back which left Malone with 2 attackers to try and deal with and the 2nd was at the lino for not flagging Bamford offside when he lobbed it over the goal. 

6 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Well according to these two in the unibet tops.

"eh, Keogh, a per per, a magnifico, bella bella, eh bummer a fordeo, no penalty oh, dive, diveo, Maxo lowo unlucky O, Chrissy Martino..nineteeno..SCORCHIO"..............

image.png

image.png

image.png

I am saving and printing a huge copy of the one with Keogh to keep the grandkids away from the fire this winter 

5 hours ago, rynny said:

The 2 times I saw him on camera mouthing off in the first half, once was to Zoon for not tracking back which left Malone with 2 attackers to try and deal with and the 2nd was at the lino for not flagging Bamford offside when he lobbed it over the goal. 

Yes thanks @rynny; it was the Bamford one. Glad to hear it wasn’t aimed at the Derby fans. .

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes thanks @rynny; it was the Bamford one. Glad to hear it wasn’t aimed at the Derby fans. .

I thought Malone got decent support from us today. Played right in front of us of course and put in some good blocks. He'd got a valid point about both Zoon and the two offsides the lino didn't give. He was miles behind play for both of them.

Archived