v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The summer was especially bad due to frank and florida. we missed loads of deals simply because we just don't know what we're doing. Dowell was a pragmatic stocking filler. So was shinnie.

we probably expected a few unknown gems from the Netherlands and the fact that we didn't get any suggests either than cocu has not got a little black book, and no scout; and that others are pulling the transfer strings.

the rooney deal is just a bad idea. I wonder how enthusiastic the sponsors will be now he's come home in disgrace. How many want to be associated with brand Rooney. The only thing he could sell are condoms. 

poor old cocu. He's had these all these misfits dropped on him. Fortunately he doesn't need to show any loyalty to rowett's duff signings; nor to frank's. He is totally free to ditch huddlestone, lawrence, Jozefzoon and malone. 

Just do it Phil.

Bit off the mark with the rooney Jibe it would be  amazing if the sponsors werent aware of it for saying it first came to light in 2004.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

It might of been that Dowells signing wasn’t Cocu it has been already said tonight. But it confuses us because he still plays and is quite clearly not good enough.

This is what annoys me as everyone is pointing at Cocu but his hands are tied till the next window. 

I don’t blame Cocu personally. He’s new to the division and how many foreign coaches come in and take to the Championship like water off a duck’s back? It’s very rare.

When he was appointed, I got swept up in the excitement like anyone else. It came out of absolutely nowhere. But in the days and weeks prior, I honestly thought Mel would go for Hughton or Wassall. Far less exotic and ambitious than Cocu, granted, but probably more along the lines of what the situation called for.

I doubt he he has identified any of these signings. He has obviously taken a guiding hand and put his trust in the club’s staff and it’s not unfair to suggest they have let him down.

How significant is it that the reaction to my post about bringing back Chris Martin hasn’t raised the usual hackles ?

Answer .. VERY !

And why ? Because my point about Waghorn, Marriott and Bennett not having proven to be good enough is indisputable, and therefore no-one can disagree any more ..

So, we all agree now do we ? That class and ability will come to our rescue if Chris Martin is selected .. 

Hallelujah, at last, you’ve ‘seen the light’ !

10 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

A very long post Dave but not saying a great deal. I’ve read your long posts since you joined and there usually one of the more balanced ones.

You wrote all that on the back of a post that questions what kind of fans boo??

you say no boos with the selection ( somewhere) but boos after the performance. So are you saying it’s the players not Cocu? If so, there is some talented young players in that squad that do not need this, also don’t lecture me on hard earned cash watching millionaires, you think I don’t struggle to take my lad ? You don’t know other people’s circumstances. 

Sorry Ruda - I meant to say there were no boos during or after the Forest match, which there could well have been, given what had happened, so the performance at Brentford must have been really bad, or just one pile of crap too many.

I’ll still be there cheering the Rams on against Cardiff.

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Why am I investing so much time and money trying to satisfy so many fickle fans?

Made me laugh.... But is also true.

It was a terrible performance and we are struggling a bit. People have every right to complain about it, talk about where we are going wrong, what we can tweak, which players are out of form etc...

...but when I read 'Mel needs to act if after the next two games we haven't won' etc I just can't be bothered reading any more. Just depressing me that fans are wanting a change already, saying Cocu obviously isn't good enough etc. Christ sake, give him a bloody chance.

Find out quite worrying that PC has already come out and questioned the teams commitment and desire that never usually ends well these days.

Rewind a few months, a late double from Harry Wilson seals a late a victory against QPR, Frank and the whole ground is bouncing in unison. The club is on the play off March. It already feels like the bond between the players and fans has disintegrated, the fans have hounded out 3 of their own players, our vice captain is shouting expletives at the away fans, it feels like we’re in turmoil.

10 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Currently on holiday so had to let talksport keep me updated. Interestingly having read on here, the reporter at the game made a point of stating how good our fans were clapping our team off at HT and applauding them back out and encouraging the team, no mention of any booing. How bad was the booing? My take on this, again only limited to to being away is that going through the team the issues seem quite obvious. Roos - we needed a first choice to come in, Bielik needs to be moved into midfield and Clarke at CB, THudd isn’t good/mobile enough for what we need, Dowell isn’t what we need and isn’t playing in his correct position, as for a long time now we need quality wise players, yes we signed Paterson but again we needed a quality player who would improve the team. Bogle’s Injury hasn’t helped, neither has Holmes’. 

The solutions are not straight forward but you would think changes would be made, Thudd, Dowell, Lawrence need taking out. Hopefully Bogle will be back and Holmes ready to start. Shinnie must be wondering what he has to do. 

Dare I also say with no shots on target in 180mins will the wardrobe get a chance on the bench next time out? Though I appreciate you could probably put Aguero and Salah upfront and if there’s no service then there’s no point. 

Keep the faith. UTR. 

“Thuds, Dowell, Lawrence need taking out”.

Don’t worry, we’re playing Cardiff and Leeds in the next two - their players are good at taking people out!

9 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Another play station geek, who thinks he knows all about football, bet if you was managing this squad you would take us up no problems, grow up, we all new this was going to take time,. So support the team

Lmao.. what for having an opinion that doesn’t match yours ??

arrogant twit

iv probably got more years of watching football than u have lived 

For ur Information mate Iv watched football and this club for over 32 years, played semi professionally and was coached by a manager who was one of Brian cloughs right hand men in his hey day at forest

i don't claim to know everything about football far from it, I get plenty wrong but I also have a well educated footballing brain and can see a poo show when I see one

work needs to be done at all levels of this club at the minute, and I’m not 100% sure that cocu quite understands what needs to be done ... he’s surrounded himself by people that “know” this league ... yet we’re still putting out Huddlestone and Dowell ????

i had a red dog say to me yesterday .. well that won’t work .. I said well Dowell got pulled at half time... and he doesn’t even watch us... it’s just common sense  

how many times does a Manager have to haul players off at half time before u start to question his opening line up ?......

that’s not not supporting the club that’s asking a genuine question 

get over yourself 

14 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Not on a par ? They not even close on ability, Paterson and Dowell couldn’t even get regular starts in teams in the same league as we are now.

It was always going to be difficult replacing two international players but just because we brought players in doesn’t mean the recruitment has not been poor. You don’t need to have been a season ticket holder to have noticed that.

Paterson played 43 games last season for a team that is currently in the top 6

Dowell joined Sheff Utd in January, a promotion winning team, do you think he was just going to walk into a settled team?

Fwiw I think Dowell has looked uninterested and poor so far.

9 hours ago, Popular side said:

If you haven’t got a competitive midfield then you can’t compete 

The forwards get isolated 

The defence gets exposed 

This.

I'm saying it now cos it's pertinent. Maybe won't have to say it again after another 5 games? Anyway interesting to read that Cocu is taking some of the 'blame' and re-assessing his own performance.

Having been to every game so far this season, my view is that it is in the transition where the problem lies. Huddlestone is far too ponderous. Lawrence is a luxury player that we cannot carry. Dowell is just not up to scratch. If we are playing 4-3-3 after the international break, Bielik HAS to play the holding role, Knight for Dowell with Holmes. Up front, Waghorn, Marriott and Bennett. 

We are struggling, but it is not yet desperation stakes.

11 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Not sure I have ever seen you make a post in your own right rather than jump on the back of others’ posts - no doubt scared of exposing your own opinions ? 

I've not seen many topics you've started, or recall any worthwhile contributions you've made.

I've seen plenty of spite spew from your keyboard though.

You are the kind who spends hours scouring other posters previous posts from weeks and months ago to see if you can catch them out at a later date ?

I expect you can back up that statement with proof? If so show it, and expose my bullying for all the forum to see. If not, you may want to think who's the bully boy around here.

Terribly sad and embarrassing ? 

Naturally, I'm a Derby fan posting on a Derby forum!

8 minutes ago, Mazzaram said:

Having been to every game so far this season, my view is that it is in the transition where the problem lies. Huddlestone is far too ponderous. Lawrence is a luxury player that we cannot carry. Dowell is just not up to scratch. If we are playing 4-3-3 after the international break, Bielik HAS to play the holding role, Knight for Dowell with Holmes. Up front, Waghorn, Marriott and Bennett. 

We are struggling, but it is not yet desperation stakes.

I think it is close to desperation where the suggestions made for improvement are the equivalent of reorganising the deck chairs on the titanic.  We have so many problems it is difficult to know where to start.  We need to find a way to get the ball from goalie to the forwards without losing possession. I understand why we are playing out from defence but we are not good enough to do that.  The opposition just wait for the mistake then attack.  It is so obvious but we blindly follow the pattern, we are sitting ducks.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Made me laugh.... But is also true.

It was a terrible performance and we are struggling a bit. People have every right to complain about it, talk about where we are going wrong, what we can tweak, which players are out of form etc...

...but when I read 'Mel needs to act if after the next two games we haven't won' etc I just can't be bothered reading any more. Just depressing me that fans are wanting a change already, saying Cocu obviously isn't good enough etc. Christ sake, give him a bloody chance.

I agree we have not been playing particularly well, and due to other commitments have yet to see any of yesterday’s game. I know it wasn’t good though as a few thoughtful, sensible posters have made me aware. 

What does my nut in, and no doubt Mel’s, are the posters on here who one week think we are going to be promoted, youth x is the next Ashley Cole, 433 is the way forward and Marriott just needs to be played, then the next week are forecasting relegation, we need to send youth X out on loan to L1, how 352 would be working so much better with the players we have and that Chris Martin will be our saviour after finally bagging a goal for months for the u23s on Friday. 

The international break has come at a good time for both me and Cocu. 

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This.

I'm saying it now cos it's pertinent. Maybe won't have to say it again after another 5 games? Anyway interesting to read that Cocu is taking some of the 'blame' and re-assessing his own performance.

Not beyond the possibility that he just walks, reality must be biting deep

Archived