v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

You're probably right but Clarke started very well this season, it's strange how quickly hes dropped out of favour. Bielek starting at DCM & a runner like Holmes would transform this team. I'm sure Cocu recognises this as you say though

Clarke was excellent against Huddersfield, but has been a little bit of a liability at the back in more recent games. I agree, Holmes for Dowell and Bielik for Huddlestone will change the entire dynamic of the midfield, and it's much needed.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

obviously you cant read English very well .His message is support you team through thick and thin.Cheap shot against somebody who does have English as his first language

Your team 

Not you team 

How embarrassing 

Fantastic Tommy, you have made my night !  Congratulations 

21 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I'm a little perplexed by a couple of the selections myself. Not sure why Clarke isnt starting & why Bielek & Holmes arent starting in midfield. I totally applaud Cocu for being so brave with putting youngsters in but feel we might need to be a little bit more solid first.

On the wider point, we're not going anywhere until we have a manager able to build his own team. Fully accept Lampard & Rowett walked but patience is needed, Cocu's track record is good enough to ask that. Want someone with 'Championship experience'? What's Alan Pardew doing these days...?

Cocu said that Bielik will play in midfield, but the demands of the position mean that he needs to get fitter before that happens, when he moves into midfield (hopefully sooner rather than later) the defenders spot will open back up for Clarke.

I assumed he didn't intend on playing Holmes for too long after his 90 minutes in midweek, straight after returning from injury, and on Tuesday we were out of players to play right back and he needed the game time so he played there.

I completely agree about letting Cocu build his own team, it normally takes at least a few windows to do that and get them integrated, that's why I'm not panicking after just 6 league games, though we have to hugely improve on yesterday's showing next time out.

19 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

You're probably right but Clarke started very well this season, it's strange how quickly hes dropped out of favour. Bielek starting at DCM & a runner like Holmes would transform this team. I'm sure Cocu recognises this as you say though

Thought he was very good against Swansea.  Cocu said something about letting him play his normal game for a couple of matches then adjusting how he played .  Perhaps that adjustment hasn't sat well and is causing him an issue .  Personally think if ain't broke why fix it.

Expectations far too high.The main problem is we havent been able to secure 3 loans of the same standards as last seasons, we have Clarke,Dowell and Paterson last year Mount. Tomori and Wilson what a massive difference. Cocu had/has an impossible job trying to replace them with players of the same standard.Leta face it Mount and Tomori were loaned to Lampard not Derby County,Wilson i believe was sent to us hoping it would toughen him up.Yes he scored goals but on the minus side he hit the deck easier than a whores knickers,but even so managed to command a £20mill fee.I think most people including me were pleased to see the move towards blooding youngsters,but we must remember the hardest thing for a youngster is to gain consistency.We are missing Bogle more that i thought we would.But with him back and full fitness for Holmes,Marriott and Bielik and the arrival of Rooney who knows play-offs might be within reach,January window hopefully will see Dowell and Patinson returned to their clubs,Lawrence sold on and replacements bought in

41 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Your team 

Not you team 

How embarrassing 

Fantastic Tommy, you have made my night !  Congratulations 

youre welcome if going through life taking the piss out of people is your thing i am glad that as someone who started to type at the age of 70 is able to bring you some joy

I think the problem for us is just poor planning.

I get the impression the club probably looked at Cocu’s pedigree and coasted through the summer, just assuming he would be too astute to fail.

The trouble is we have set up him to potentially fail by not recruiting players of sufficient quality or the correct profile of player for success at this level.

Where is the pace? Where is the power? Where is the athleticism? Where is the industry? Where is the energy? Where is the spark?

Compare our recruitment to West Brom’s, to Bristol City’s, to Leeds’s, to Fulham’s, and you can see they have followed a clear plan and recruited players to suit the demands of the division.

When our first signing was Dowell, that should have set alarm bells off right away.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I get the impression the club probably looked at Cocu’s pedigree and coasted through the summer, just assuming he would be too astute to fail.

The trouble is we have set up him to potentially fail by not recruiting players of sufficient quality or the correct profile of player for success at this level.

Where is the pace? Where is the power? Where is the athleticism? Where is the industry? Where is the energy? Where is the spark?

Compare our recruitment to West Brom’s, to Bristol City’s, to Leeds’s, to Fulham’s, and you can see they have followed a clear plan and recruited players to suit the demands of the division.

When our first signing was Dowell, that should have set alarm bells off right away.

It might of been that Dowells signing wasn’t Cocu it has been already said tonight. But it confuses us because he still plays and is quite clearly not good enough.

This is what annoys me as everyone is pointing at Cocu but his hands are tied till the next window. 

18 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The summer was especially bad due to frank and florida. we missed loads of deals simply because we just don't know what we're doing. Dowell was a pragmatic stocking filler. So was shinnie.

we probably expected a few unknown gems from the Netherlands and the fact that we didn't get any suggests either than cocu has not got a little black book, or no scout; and that others are pulling the transfer strings.

the rooney deal is just a bad idea. I wonder how enthusiastic the sponsors will be now he's come home in disgrace. How many want to be associated with brand Rooney. The only thing he could sell are condoms. 

poor old cocu. He's had these all these misfits dropped on him. Fortunately he doesn't need to show any loyalty to rowett's duff signings; nor to frank's. He is totally free to ditch huddlestone, lawrence, Jozefzoon and malone. 

Just do it Phil.

15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

no excuses being made but didnt West Brom  Bristol,Leeds ,Fulham had managers in places well before the season started,This is again down to how bad we were screwed over by Lampard and Chelsea

Archived