v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lowe?

But if the players aren't good enough then even if they go out we don't have them back - ie Gordon, Thomas, Timi Max ...

Yep, Lowe was the only one I could think of.

I'm glad he's still here and would like to see him at left back when Bogle is back, but wasn't there an article that came out on deadline day saying that we had agreed a deal to sell him to Celtic but they'd pulled out at the last minute? I wonder if that was actually true? If it was then it was another loan that was quite close to not having really worked out for us.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The actual state of some of you lot ffs, actually p*sses me off so much. 

People wanting Cocu out already, giving up hope, for goodness sake we're 6 games in. We've had a tough fixture list, I know today by no means was acceptable but Cocu has put his hands up and admitted that, it seems as if people expect the same as last season.. Incase you realised we haven't got the creativity of Mason Mount and Harry Wilson and the defensive strengths of Fikayo Tomori anymore, 3 luxury players... What we've got now is a real indication of where we are at now. Believe me, if Lampard was here, with this squad, he wouldn't be doing any better at all. Roos, Huddlestone, Dowell and Buchanan need to be dropped from now on. Several times Roos was caught running off his line, and he's not good enough. I'd rather see Hamer in a Championship game personally. Huddlestone as much as I love the guy isn't mobile enough and yes he can ping some quality passes but hes losing it. Dowell is spit. seriously awful, no way near good enough and thats that. Buchanan to be fair has some of the quality but he's too young to be playing 90 mins after 90 mins in continuous big games, he's not like Bogle.

The same folk who cry about consistency are the same ones who cry Cocu Out after a bad spell of games. For duck sake if we finish 13th this season under him and then give him time to rebuild I'll be happy. Daniel Farke, as stated by several people several times finished mid table in his first season and look at them the next.

Honestly it's a shambles. Pre season was wack, we've signed the players Frank wanted, not Phillip, bring in some players January and some in summer and we will be good to go. 

Wether we win 2-0 or lose 3-0 I'll always love this club, and I still believe Cocu is the man for us.

Come on you rams.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Whose back should we be getting on then?

And please refrain from waxing lyrical about we should be supporting the team, tell that to the 3300 fans who went to the city ground in the week to watch that tripe served up or the fans who travelled down to London today to see that abject display 

It’s abject, you’re right. It’s terrible. I’m not sure the need to find someone to angry at though.

I just don’t get the booing thing. We were shocking today - the worst display since our most hapless away displays under Clough in the early 2010s.

But I don’t understand why we make it even harder by booing, chastising and shouting at our team. Every player on the pitch today will know how far away from good enough that is and I suspect that for most of them, it will be eating away at them for two weeks during the international break.

I believe that there were some today that are simply not good enough to play for Derby County. But with so many injuries and no new signings until January, this is what we have now. I wish I could boo them into being better players, but unfortunately, human nature usually means the precise opposite happens.

I’m happy to admit I’m out of touch. Days like today put me off football. I’m not saying we should blindly praise the team - but I do think we should blindly support them. Now we find the players fighting not only against their lack of ability and form, but their own fans too. I’m not having a go at anyone who showed their displeasure today, more reflecting on how out of place I felt clapping the players at the final whistle.

I don’t like the feeling that supporting my team when things get bad is some sort of tacit admission that thinking today was acceptable. It wasn’t. 

38 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Putting out a weakened side v our biggest rivals shows how much Cocu cares about the fans. I digress...today was rubbish.

Have to wonder how emotionally excited Frenchman Lamouchi, and Hollander Philip Cocu are about east midland football rivalry. Just a thought. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He should still be getting better from the tools he has. Maybe if he stopped playing around with them?

I’ve seen both this accusation thrown at him and the accusation that we’ve not changed enough. Which is it?

Under Lampard, we didn’t have the same team two games in a row until something like November from memory.

In the first 4 games, the only thing to change was Bogle for Lowe. In fact, the whole business of playing Lowe at RB was to keep changed down to a minimum.

I agree that Cocu isn’t getting anywhere near enough out of the players yet - but I couldn’t disagree more with the reason why. I don’t think the team is changing much at all, and perhaps therein lies the problem - underperformers such as Huddlestone, Dowell and Lawrence know their place is safe.

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

It’s abject, you’re right. It’s terrible. I’m not sure the need to find someone to angry at though.

I just don’t get the booing thing. We were shocking today - the worst display since our most hapless away displays under Clough in the early 2010s.

But I don’t understand why we make it even harder by booing, chastising and shouting at our team. Every player on the pitch today will know how far away from good enough that is and I suspect that for most of them, it will be eating away at them for two weeks during the international break.

I believe that there were some today that are simply not good enough to play for Derby County. But with so many injuries and no new signings until January, this is what we have now. I wish I could boo them into being better players, but unfortunately, human nature usually means the precise opposite happens.

I’m happy to admit I’m out of touch. Days like today put me off football. I’m not saying we should blindly praise the team - but I do think we should blindly support them. Now we find the players fighting not only against their lack of ability and form, but their own fans too. I’m not having a go at anyone who showed their displeasure today, more reflecting on how out of place I felt clapping the players at the final whistle.

I don’t like the feeling that supporting my team when things get bad is some sort of tacit admission that thinking today was acceptable. It wasn’t. 

I wasn't trying to allude to the fact that we should be venting our spleen on the players by the way, was more trying to allude to the fact that in any organisation there is always someone accountable - the OP said we need to need to get off Cocus back, fair comment - but if it's not Cocu then whom do we hold accountable for what's happening at the moment?

21 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

So those fans who boo’d an absolutely disgraceful performance should instead have applauded it, should they?

The Deby fans are a tremendous bunch who the club have stuck two fingers into their nostrils and dragged them this way and that for years now, with no reward, save a few short spells of ok football.

I can remember under Nigel there were several times we would go on a run and really threaten to break into the top two, and then immediately implode and drop back again with no real reason for it - oft the “implode” would include losing to teams on huge losing streaks.

We had Mel’a promises of free season tickets if we got promoted, and the team would go charging up the league, starting just after the announcements, only to magically fall away again once the deadline had passed. That happened two or three times. We had the inexplicable play off semi-final disasters against both Hull and Fulham. And so it goes, yet the fans have stuck by the club through it all. 

We are forgetting that is well as a sport, football is in the entertainment business, with aim of entertaining the fans. Eventually the loyalty to support the team will be challenged by the abject lack of entertainment. 

I myself said I wouldn’t mind where we finish this season so long as the players and management team were giving it their all, but already this season we have had at least 4 absolutely dire performances. I didn’t go today, but noticed that despite being shat all over by Cocu’s team selection, announced once the ticket-sell-our had been achieved, nobody criticised the players - not a single boo. But eventually something has to give. When the team has such a lacklustre approach to the match, and the same duffers being picked when all they’ve done is break up attacking moves, should we show them we think they are doing a fine job?

Or could we possibly be justified in saying “Could do better”?

Snother issue is that the fans are spending a relatively high proportion of their hard-earned income to watch a bunch of millionaires or millionaires in the making fail to perform time and time again. They have a right to complain, I reckon.

My commitment to stick by the team regardless of end result so long as they put the graft in is probably echoed by most here, but let’s at least see the effort and commitment from the team.

A very long post Dave but not saying a great deal. I’ve read your long posts since you joined and there usually one of the more balanced ones.

You wrote all that on the back of a post that questions what kind of fans boo??

you say no boos with the selection ( somewhere) but boos after the performance. So are you saying it’s the players not Cocu? If so, there is some talented young players in that squad that do not need this, also don’t lecture me on hard earned cash watching millionaires, you think I don’t struggle to take my lad ? You don’t know other people’s circumstances. 

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

An uptick seems scant reward for an excellent post Duracell

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I wasn't trying to allude to the fact that we should be venting our spleen on the players by the way, was more trying to allude to the fact that in any organisation there is always someone accountable - the OP said we need to need to get off Cocus back, fair comment - but if it's not Cocu then whom do we hold accountable for what's happening at the moment?

Okay, with you now.

The first question is, what are we holding them to account for?

Is it a disappointing August? A terrible result and performance today? Today plus Forest?

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why does there have to be someone at the club to blame?

Isn't the situation we are in because of circumstances beyond the clubs control?

Frank left, very late by the way, even though it seems that everyone and their dog knew he was leaving weeks beforehand and we were left in limbo until that happened.

8 minutes ago, Squid said:

The actual state of some of you lot ffs, actually p*sses me off so much. 

People wanting Cocu out already, giving up hope, for goodness sake we're 6 games in. We've had a tough fixture list, I know today by no means was acceptable but Cocu has put his hands up and admitted that, it seems as if people expect the same as last season.. Incase you realised we haven't got the creativity of Mason Mount and Harry Wilson and the defensive strengths of Fikayo Tomori anymore, 3 luxury players... What we've got now is a real indication of where we are at now. Believe me, if Lampard was here, with this squad, he wouldn't be doing any better at all. Roos, Huddlestone, Dowell and Buchanan need to be dropped from now on. Several times Roos was caught running off his line, and he's not good enough. I'd rather see Hamer in a Championship game personally. Huddlestone as much as I love the guy isn't mobile enough and yes he can ping some quality passes but hes losing it. Dowell is spit. seriously awful, no way near good enough and thats that. Buchanan to be fair has some of the quality but he's too young to be playing 90 mins after 90 mins in continuous big games, he's not like Bogle.

The same folk who cry about consistency are the same ones who cry Cocu Out after a bad spell of games. For duck sake if we finish 13th this season under him and then give him time to rebuild I'll be happy. Daniel Farke, as stated by several people several times finished mid table in his first season and look at them the next.

Honestly it's a shambles. Pre season was wack, we've signed the players Frank wanted, not Phillip, bring in some players January and some in summer and we will be good to go. 

Wether we win 2-0 or lose 3-0 I'll always love this club, and I still believe Cocu is the man for us.

Come on you rams.

Not sure I have ever seen a more hypocritical or hysterical post lacking in the most basic logic or commonsense

26 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Don’t agree. If Lampard had finished 12th Chelsea would not have wanted him and he would have been here. Lampard was cute enough to know the only way you get up is quality loans (Wolves, Huddersfield, Villa etc) or workhorses and experience (Cardiff, Sheffield Utd etc).

Watford have done alright out of changing managers to get up and stay up. Villa realised when it wasn’t working with Di Matt and then Bruce.

You just don’t know what Chelsea wanted!!

The Chelsea fans I know talked about a complete disconnect between fans and club ( last season) even with silverware ffs

Once they knew Lampard was going into management they were going to have him  at any cost, why do you think we got Tomori and mount who’s holding his own in the Chelsea first team ffs. You think Wilson wasn’t part of the Chelsea scam ? LOL Never transitional. Lampard would have been thrown all sorts of players at Him until Chelsea could justify him going there.  Can’t believe how people can’t see that??

I like to think of myself as pretty level headed and fair. Not prone to exaggeration or histrionics therefore when I say that was the worst I have seen us play in years I am being serious. The performance was simply dire. We couldn’t pass the ball, had no movement, were ponderous, lacklustre and amateurish. I can also say for the first time EVER I was embarrassed to  be a Derby fan .....not because of the fans but because of the team. UTR as always but not happy!

3 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Why does there have to be someone at the club to blame?

Isn't the situation we are in because of circumstances beyond the clubs control?

Frank left, very late by the way, even though it seems that everyone and their dog knew he was leaving weeks beforehand and we were left in limbo until that happened.

As time passes, I'm getting angrier about his departure. 

Not directed at the club, or Cocu, but at Frank.

It's become obvious that Frank has treated us like a love struck teenager, strung us out with whispered nothings while he fingered us behind the swings, all the while knowing he'd be getting his end away properly in a few weeks when he joined the big boys.

Left Cocu with sloppy seconds, and like a last minute school trip to Alton Towers Phil has to make the best of what's left.

4 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

You just don’t know what Chelsea wanted!!

The Chelsea fans I know talked about a complete disconnect between fans and club ( last season) even with silverware ffs

Once they knew Lampard was going into management they were going to have him  at any cost, why do you think we got Tomori and mount who’s holding his own in the Chelsea first team ffs. You think Wilson wasn’t part of the Chelsea scam ? LOL Never transitional. Lampard would have been thrown all sorts of players at Him until Chelsea could justify him going there.  Can’t believe how people can’t see that??

Strange...just as you don’t ? 

Archived