v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

For a bit of context, here's the league table from a year ago today. 

Look who is 17th, with just 5 points...

Screenshot_20190831-213540.png

You’re risking now getting bombarded with posts about how poor we are atm and can’t see any improvement etc

Do These posters think Norwich were playing good football at the time ?

I can hear knees jerking all over Derby

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Not sure I have ever seen a more hypocritical or hysterical post lacking in the most basic logic or commonsense

Not sure I've ever seen you agree with a fellow poster, or offer up a logical and coherent counter argument?

20 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Why does there have to be someone at the club to blame?

Isn't the situation we are in because of circumstances beyond the clubs control?

Frank left, very late by the way, even though it seems that everyone and their dog knew he was leaving weeks beforehand and we were left in limbo until that happened.

Where did I use the word blame or scapegoat, you chose those words not myself 

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Strange...just as you don’t ? 

We both know they wanted FL to reconnect the club to the fans.

That came from Die hard Chelsea fans I know. It was your comment about not wanting them if we were 12th. They would make sure he had the players next season to justify his management. He was going and didn’t care about the mess he left behind. 

24 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Okay, with you now.

The first question is, what are we holding them to account for?

Is it a disappointing August? A terrible result and performance today? Today plus Forest?

Holistically where we are as a club - the last 2 results and our league position have just been symptomatic of this but not the root cause. 

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

As time passes, I'm getting angrier about his departure. 

Not directed at the club, or Cocu, but at Frank.

It's become obvious that Frank has treated us like a love struck teenager, strung us out with whispered nothings while he fingered us behind the swings, all the while knowing he'd be getting his end away properly in a few weeks when he joined the big boys.

Left Cocu with sloppy seconds, and like a last minute school trip to Alton Towers Phil has to make the best of what's left.

That an ...interesting... way of putting it! ?

I loved Frank's time here, and I don't blame him for wanting the Chelsea job.

What I do blame him for is the way it played out, when a load of our fans were blaming Rob Dorsett for his reporting on it, one of his replies said that he heard about the whole thing before Wembley, which was why he'd asked the question of him before that.

There were also a lot of ITK Chelsea related accounts tweeting about it telling their fans to relax and saying that it was done and they'd known about it for weeks.

Yet it took until July for it to actually happen, seriously?!

2 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

We both know they wanted FL to reconnect the club to the fans.

That came from Die hard Chelsea fans I know. It was your comment about not wanting them if we were 12th. They would make sure he had the players next season to justify his management. He was going and didn’t care about the mess he left behind. 

If you really think that you must accept Morris takes responsibility for the current situation then? If it was ‘so obvious’ he was going our chairman should have lined up our replacement a day after the play off final and all our players lined up in anticipation. Scrambling around for a fourth choice (for us) on loan. 

At least Lampard saw our weaknesses 

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

If you really think that you must accept Morris takes responsibility for the current situation then? If it was ‘so obvious’ he was going our chairman should have lined up our replacement a day after the play off final and all our players lined up in anticipation. Scrambling around for a fourth choice (for us) on loan. 

At least Lampard saw our weaknesses 

He did FFS!  Do you think you can pull Cocu with all his accreditations out of mels ass ?

He couldn’t make a move till Chelsea and FL sorted it out!!

we were lucky to get anyone never mind Cocu at that notice. Something a lot of posters tonight were happy about at the time but a month in are Calling for  his head ????

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'm going to get slated for this and probably rightly so, but I just get the feeling of a Nigel Pearson mark 2 situation where he ends up sacked pretty quickly or we fall down the league, and he goes with us in a very bad way.

Yes the midfield is completely poo personal wise, but who's fault is that? If he continues playing Dowell and Huddlestone he will deserve the sack as they shouldn't play again,  and he was the one who signed Dowell, he was the one who signed Rooney but then didn't get another midfielder of quality when we absolutely crying out for one. If we are really that tight on funds which I am sure we aren't, then we shouldn't have spent so much on Bielik. We should have spread the budget out more to sign 2 new midfielders rather than 1, Shinnie hasn't been given much a chance for some reason which is surprising given people were hopeful he would be a decent player after how he played for Aberdeen, Paterson hasn't played much as well which is also surprising when the wingers starting are achieving sweet duck all.  I would have also looked to sign a new left back, as Lowe is not good enough defensively IMO to be a starter as of yet,  then Malone is very poor  and at the same time we can't rely on Forsyth after his injury problems and his inconsistent form.

Malone poor ? .. check out our points record with him in the team. Poor he ain’t. Bielik has had a couple of poor games in a team with a weak midfield. 

You need a bit more faith. Hudds is struggling to cut it, Dowell has been disappointing. But we do have a team. Some aren’t working hard enough and some are missing or unfit. It’s isnt the end of the world. There’s 120 points up for grabs, keep the faith and a big cheque book a la Pearson isn’t the answer. 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Malone poor ? .. check out our points record with him in the team. Poor he ain’t. Bielik has had a couple of poor games in a team with a weak midfield. 

You need a bit more faith. Hudds is struggling to cut it, Dowell has been disappointing. But we do have a team. Some aren’t working hard enough and some are missing or unfit. It’s isnt the end of the world. There’s 120 points up for grabs, keep the faith and a big cheque book a la Pearson isn’t the answer. 

Thank God a positive post

None of us know Mels directive when hiring Cocu but it may well have been along the lines of the under23s have had a good season and due to circumstances eg lack of funds i would like to see them being introduced and nurtured into the first team.

Lets make no mistake about this Lampard left us in the lurch very late after what seemed a long drawn out ...will he wont he go saga.....which left us in a bit of a mess with 3 big influential loanees missing and several players going eg Johnson and Bryson

So we appoint our first foreign manager and with it comes expectation and excitement but the reality is he has to analyse his squad and gives everyone a chance including some players who haven't really kicked a ball in anger for us for ages

The appointment of Liam Rosenior tells me that this was because Cocu and his team have a lack of knowledge about the championship and there is a lot of work to do and transfer windows will be important.

I don't think that Cocu had much input into Dowell which was his first signing and although he's given some youngsters a taste of first team football he may well be thinking that there is some serious work to do here....today as he acknowledges was un-acceptable and he may well feel quite let down by some of the more experienced players as this team was not too dissimilar to one that played WBA but you can see in his post match interview that it has shocked him how poor we were and mainly with the attitude and effort as he mentioned Brentfords running and desire.

He's not hiding and saying the wrong things he's saying the right things and needs time and a bit of patience...I remember Clough saying all the wrong things when we played Crawley in the FA Cup saying we were unlucky etc etc when were were poor and it worried me that Clough could see a different game to us fans as it was cack

Cocu is fully aware it was not good enough and although he still needs a few youngsters to come through will know that they need some help and there for me lies the problem.....the more experienced players have been very poor and without a Mason Mount or a Harry Wilson to score or create we lack ideas going forward and without Temori lack pace at the back...big losses 

In Cocu we have a good manager and before we all lose the reality of the situation we need to give him time and a bit of patience as i really don't think we will see the same level of performances once he can get his own players and mould it how he wants it

Cocu plays with decent wingers and tbh we don't have any and i can imagine its tough at the moment naming a side that he'd like to put his name too but he has what he has and needs time to sort it out....it is a new country new league etc etc and he's got a squad which to me is nowwhere near good enough and on top of that has a lot of untried young talent that he needs to see in proper match situations....keep the faith Rams Fans we've had tough times before but beleive we have a good manager who needs our support....thats all I'm saying 

Responsibility and accountability for the current situation??!!! We’ve played 6 games and we’re still in August! Last time I checked the league ended in May.

Get a grip people. Yes criticise today’s performance but don’t infer this a major crisis we need resolving now and demand someone to blame for our impending doom (which probably won’t come to pass!). In the normal world (outside football), objectives are usually reviewed every 12 months. 

26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Where did I use the word blame or scapegoat, you chose those words not myself 

I used the word blame yes but I didn't use the word scapegoat? ?‍♀️

You said

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Whose back should we be getting on then?

And please refrain from waxing lyrical about we should be supporting the team, tell that to the 3300 fans who went to the city ground in the week to watch that tripe served up or the fans who travelled down to London today to see that abject display 

and

53 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I wasn't trying to allude to the fact that we should be venting our spleen on the players by the way, was more trying to allude to the fact that in any organisation there is always someone accountable - the OP said we need to need to get off Cocus back, fair comment - but if it's not Cocu then whom do we hold accountable for what's happening at the moment?

You want to know whose back you should be getting on? And you want someone to be held accountable? You didn't use the word blame no, but it's effectively that isn't it? You want to know whose fault it is?

25 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

You’re risking now getting bombarded with posts about how poor we are atm and can’t see any improvement etc

Do These posters think Norwich were playing good football at the time ?

I can hear knees jerking all over Derby

Exactly.

Found this newspaper article from that week... Any of it sound familiar? 

'It was always going to be tough for Norwich after they lost two of their most creative players in James Maddison and Josh Murphy.

“They haven’t necessarily replaced them like-for-like and, right now, it hasn’t really worked.

“Norwich are trying to blood young players and enforce this possession-based football and there are patches when it’s good.'

At least Norwich had consistency of manager though. Its harder for Cocu. 

27 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Not sure I've ever seen you agree with a fellow poster, or offer up a logical and coherent counter argument?

Not sure I have ever seen you make a post in your own right rather than jump on the back of others’ posts - no doubt scared of exposing your own opinions ? 

You are the kind who spends hours scouring other posters previous posts from weeks and months ago to see if you can catch them out at a later date ?

Terribly sad and embarrassing ? 

10 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

He did FFS!  Do you think you can pull Cocu with all his accreditations out of mels ass ?

He couldn’t make a move till Chelsea and FL sorted it out!!

we were lucky to get anyone never mind Cocu at that notice. Something a lot of posters tonight were happy about at the time but a month in are Calling for  his head ????

You’ve made me laugh tonight I’ll give you that!

I just don’t see anything so far which means we will be getting the PSV Cocu as opposed to the Fenerbahce one. 

I at no point in time ‘championed’ this appointment. We don’t seem to have any rhyme or reason for our appointments. 

There’s no doubt it’s been a hugely disappointing week but I like Cocu’s post match interview. Serious and you can see some emotion there but absolutely in control. Recognising the shortcomings of the team but not calling individuals out. He’s been dealt a pretty terrible hand, almost all good things last year went through Mount & Wilson - this year we have Dowell and...uh...Paterson.

As others have said, I doubt this summer’s transfers had much to do with the manager and he’s having to try and make the best of it. The quality in our squad is significantly down and we have a manager getting used to the challenges of the Championship. It was always going to be tough. I hope we give him (and especially the youngsters who are being thrown in the deep end) time. Not blind faith, just time. Six league games is absolutely not that.

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Exactly.

Found this newspaper article from that week... Any of it sound familiar? 

'It was always going to be tough for Norwich after they lost two of their most creative players in James Maddison and Josh Murphy.

“They haven’t necessarily replaced them like-for-like and, right now, it hasn’t really worked.

“Norwich are trying to blood young players and enforce this possession-based football and there are patches when it’s good.'

At least Norwich had consistency of manager though. Its harder for Cocu. 

Needed this post as there are a lot of disappointed posters on tonight that as I don’t agree with their anger and might have argued with them, I do understand frustration with a team. we all want the same thing at the end of the day/season

10 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Not sure I have ever seen you make a post in your own right rather than jump on the back of others’ posts - no doubt scared of exposing your own opinions ? 

You are the kind who spends hours scouring other posters previous posts from weeks and months ago to see if you can catch them out at a later date ?

Terribly sad and embarrassing ? 

Hmm yeah over 10,000 post all on the back of others???

To be fair all ive read off you and a few other new posters is negativity and arguments 

14 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

You’ve made me laugh tonight I’ll give you that!

I just don’t see anything so far which means we will be getting the PSV Cocu as opposed to the Fenerbahce one. 

I at no point in time ‘championed’ this appointment. We don’t seem to have any rhyme or reason for our appointments. 

Who did you want to appoint that was available???  At short notice?

Pulis?

Archived